Guns N' Roses - 2002 Vma - Rehearsal - New Clip - MyGnR Exclusive

Guns-10years

I remember how Jimmy Fallon was wearing that AFD shirt and jumping around like a little girl, so excited "Guns n Roses is back!"

And I'm willing to be Jimmy couldn't even name one of those guys aside from Axl. GNR my ass.

People were excited because they thought Axl would do what he did in the end of the 80's and the early 90's. They (we) were so wrong...

The idea of doing a medley of 3 songs (2 from Appetite) was a bad idea also... If he wanted to show how the band played the old songs just do a little intro, and then a new song in full. It was almost 10 years since the end of the Illusion tour.. you don't come back and play old songs, play a new one!

I disagree it hyped the crowd up. Two short clips from Jungle and PC, and Maddy in the middle. My friend who watched it with me said... if that's what new Guns is writing and playing I'm definitely a fan.

I remember how Jimmy Fallon was wearing that AFD shirt and jumping around like a little girl, so excited "Guns n Roses is back!"

And I'm willing to be Jimmy couldn't even name one of those guys aside from Axl. GNR my ass.

People were excited because they thought Axl would do what he did in the end of the 80's and the early 90's. They (we) were so wrong...

The idea of doing a medley of 3 songs (2 from Appetite) was a bad idea also... If he wanted to show how the band played the old songs just do a little intro, and then a new song in full. It was almost 10 years since the end of the Illusion tour.. you don't come back and play old songs, play a new one!

I disagree it hyped the crowd up. Two short clips from Jungle and PC, and Maddy in the middle. My friend who watched it with me said... if that's what new Guns is writing and playing I'm definitely a fan.

The performance was a disaster... your friend thought it was good? I watched it with someone who was not a fan and I felt embarassed... I was excited before the performance but not after. Anyway, if he liked it, good.

The performance was a disaster... your friend thought it was good? I watched it with someone who was not a fan and I felt embarassed... I was excited before the performance but not after. Anyway, if he liked it, good.

We were both fans growing up but he wasn't following the new band as well as me. First time I watched it I thought it was amazing. Much like the 'live' concert effect vs. youtube debate. It wasn't until I re-watched it that I went... Ohh Fuck.

We were both fans growing up but he wasn't following the new band as well as me. First time I watched it I thought it was amazing. Much like the 'live' concert effect vs. youtube debate. It wasn't until I re-watched it that I went... Ohh Fuck.

It's ok. There are people today who still think it was a good performance. Unfortunately I'm not one of those people..

I just rewatched it. I usually watch it once a year. Its definitely one of those things that is always funny. You keep thinking "it can't be as bad as I remember" and its always worse. He looked ridiculous, his vocals sucked, and it was a pretty poorly put together medley. Other than that, it really isn't HORRIBLE, but its really really bad. I can't even imagine what the other guys in the band thought watching it on TV.

And the comedy icing on the cake for me is the "round one" comment. I feel like he means it to sound so serious and bad ass, and its one of the few things in life you can count on me crying from laughter every time I hear it. The most ridiculous statement. If there's a time I stop finding that funny, just kill me.

Asshole...

'Buckethead did his job'

that clip has been floating around for years. he doesn't have the full thing (nor is he claiming to). this leak probably hurt the chances of anyone getting the full thing, not that it really matters much. it's just a rehearsl for a TV show.

lol

that clip has been floating around for years. he doesn't have the full thing (nor is he claiming to). this leak probably hurt the chances of anyone getting the full thing, not that it really matters much. it's just a rehearsl for a TV show.

lol

I havent posted in a while, but I had to, just to clear this little matter up.

I'll just make this quick, because I don't want to see lies perpetrated by msl on this matter any more.

As I've stated on this forum before, I was the one who obtained this clip and decided to share it. Granted it wasn't long, and yes, by leaking it, it most definitely means that any chance of getting this in the future is pretty much miniscule now. However, when I had the opportunity to obtain this, not many people wanted to help out in pooling some funds together, so I decided to say fuck it and just release it, because those that appreciate the 2002 band/vma performance, appreciated the clip for what it was.

Now, Msl has said repeatedly that this clip has been 'floating around for years'. I would like to see one link, printscreen or any proof whatsoever where this clip is proven to exist before the date that is posted on the youtube link (It existed before this, however I sent it to a few people with a watermark, in trying to get some interest together).

So if msl wants to practice what he preaches, and provide some proof that its been floating around for 'years', then be my guest.

I still have the emails , phone number/details etc of the clip and the guy who I got it off, i'm waiting on msls proof.

Maybe you should have consulted a forum publicly to garner funds to obtain the clip. If you had of approached the matter this way (instead of jumping the gun, presumably out of excitement) then maybe we could be in possession of this as a community.

Maybe you should have consulted a forum publicly to garner funds to obtain the clip. If you had of approached the matter this way (instead of jumping the gun, presumably out of excitement) then maybe we could be in possession of this as a community.

I remember seeing a thread about a few years ago. Not sure if it was for this exact clip. Just remember a thread trying to raise money to buy some unreleased video

Hey everyone,

I had totally forgotten about this forum, but Jarmo's board has become so unbearable that I rediscovered it. Anyways, as some one who works in the entertainment industry and has some contacts at MTV, I am going to try and get my hands on this footage. I had tried a few years ago, but then forgot about it. I'll give it the old college try again! Hopefully I'll have some good news for you guys.

Make your 2nd post memorable!

Does anyone actually have the guy's name? E-mail address? Any way of contacting him?

I've got all contact info.

Give it too me. ill buy it. The original leaker have a full version of the interview with kurt loder and axl in 1992 after the arrest in Missiouri. Hope it will se daylight

Edited by Riddick Bowe

I thought they showed the rehearsal footage on "MTV Uncensored", it sounds like someone who worked on it made a copy and smuggled it out.

How long was the rehearsal? I think the only thing people are interested in is the stuff Axl was saying in between songs or hearing him go off on someone.

It would be cooler if they got more raw interview footage and some unseen footage the MTV crew shot.

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone,

I had totally forgotten about this forum, but Jarmo's board has become so unbearable that I rediscovered it. Anyways, as some one who works in the entertainment industry and has some contacts at MTV, I am going to try and get my hands on this footage. I had tried a few years ago, but then forgot about it. I'll give it the old college try again! Hopefully I'll have some good news for you guys.

So I guess that didn't work out? Sorry for the bump, but any news on this footage? I would still really like to see it, especially now when nothing is happening.

Hey everyone,

So I guess that didn't work out? Sorry for the bump, but any news on this footage? I would still really like to see it, especially now when nothing is happening.

I actually still know those same people at Viacom/MTV. I had asked the question back then and they said they'd get back to me on it. Unfortunately it never happened, and I am not so close with those people where I feel I can hound them about it. Let me check my Linked In profile to see if any of my other former coworkers are over there now.

Probably the easiest way to get this done is for me to apply for an opening over there, but I have heard working at Viacom can be miserable. Have heard way too many horror stories about them in my side of the business.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

I actually still know those same people at Viacom/MTV. I had asked the question back then and they said they'd get back to me on it. Unfortunately it never happened, and I am not so close with those people where I feel I can hound them about it. Let me check my Linked In profile to see if any of my other former coworkers are over there now.

Probably the easiest way to get this done is for me to apply for an opening over there, but I have heard working at Viacom can be miserable. Have heard way too many horror stories about them in my side of the business.

Appreciate your reply! Who knows it might work, but I don't think you should go through the hassle of applying there for a couple minutes of rehearsal footage. Still would really like to see it tho, so if you really want to go through that trouble, be my guest :P! Hope you will get it the easy way through those people you know at Viacom/MTV tho.