Beats by Dr Dre

Coma16

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno much about this audio visual bollocks and sound quality and, y'know, all the headphone geeks always say Seinheisers are better or whatever but i will say this, i bought beats by dre earphones, had em attached to my ipod and when im gone using it i wrap em round the ipod and leave it and this has happened with every set of earphones i've ever had and they all always end up fraying and fucking up where the cord meets the earphone itself.

Until i discovered the ones that come free with your iphones and that, them white Apple ones, perfect. Dunno bout the vagaries of sound quality but i find not breaking is an essential requirement of earphones and so far these apple ones are the only ones that don't break and i can't be wearing headphones, that big shit hanging off my head, feels horrible.

there are wireless ones?

i think you mean the 50 cent headphones called SMS there wireless

as for beats by dre anyone who knows anything about audio ect will tell you THEY ARE DOG SHIT

they leak sound and there generally over priced and poor quality

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/beats-by-dr-dre-beats-wireless-by-dr-dre-on-ear-headphones-black-mh-bts-on-so-bk-v2/10196498.aspx?path=bfc2e6aa1667e47d2ca96b90d13ec0caen02

I laugh at people who buy them only to listen to songs in mp3 format

Exactly. If you're listening to anything other than 320 or lossless, you shouldn't be buying top of the line headphones, whether Beats are or not. Sennheisers seem to be the standard from what I hear, but really any halfway decent noise isolators should be fine. The in ear ones.

As a radio DJ, I try to stay on top of stuff like this. Never really heard that many great things about then, although one of my co-workers has them and he loves then, so I guess it's all in what you like/want.

I have a pair of headphones that look straight out of the '70s, for instance.

Monster is actually a VERY GOOD brand in everything it does. Beats is like it's trendy-cool line. Get the turbine pro if you have the money, it's worth every penny. If you're a sports guy, get the submersion one. It's great too. Better than the BOSE I used to own.

Monster is actually a VERY GOOD brand in everything it does. Beats is like it's trendy-cool line. Get the turbine pro if you have the money, it's worth every penny. If you're a sports guy, get the submersion one. It's great too. Better than the BOSE I used to own.

I had a pair of Bose that were great but very cheaply made. They snapped in half after a year.

I had a pair of Bose that were great but very cheaply made. They snapped in half after a year.

Same thing here. The earphone broke by itself, something you would expect from a $50 one.

Same thing here. The earphone broke by itself, something you would expect from a $50 one.

I think that mine were $100

I think some of these reviews are unnecessarily harsh, and ignore my sig for a second. There seems to be a backlash because of their popularity. But really they're just the first line of of mainstream designer headphones. It's the equivalent of purchasing a Coach or Louis Vitton purse. Sure there are better and more durable purses at a better value out there, but the brands are famous. However it doesn't mean those bags aren't of great quality. Same for the beats by Dre. They're fantastic at what they're intended to do, make popular music and mp3's sound better. This basically means hip hop music. They also work well with most electronic music and rock music, but outside of that they're fairly average.

So it depends, if you like the style and prefer listening to hip hop, pop, and some rock music they're a good buy. They perform as advertised, booming bass without clipping and crisp high ends, all the while being fashionable. If anything they can hopefully lure people into becoming audiophiles. They're not the end all be all by any means of headphones, but they're certainly not as bad as some of these people make them out to be.

If you get a chance, listen to In Da Club by 50 Cent through the headphones. It is one of the best mixed and produced hip hop songs ever, and considering the mixing and production was done by Dre, it sounds outstanding in the headphones.

Bose is fine, but I don't know. As far as the music I like to listen to Dre's suit me better. Plus the fact the Beats look a fuck ton better helps too. Like I said, if you listen to more hip-hop or music produced recently, beats will serve you well. It emphasizes the parts people like while maintaining clarity.

My only major gripe with my Beats is that they aren't very durable. They have two DJ type editions which I'm looking into that are supposedly higher quality. I've held a pair and they feel like you could throw them at a wall and it be fine. Plus you can just flip the Ear cup back without having to bend the headphones. That's nifty. But with the durability they lose some of the cool factor.

I can't believe someone even fucking mentioned Bose.

I must be missing something here? Bose still makes amazing products, and as far as headphones go, certain models are definitely superior to Dre Beats.

They aren't that bad when it comes to little stuff like headphones, but when it comes to home theater equipment, Bose is shit.

Buy Other Sound Equipment; No highs, no lows, must be Bose, etc.