Will Slash's success motivate Axl?

LoadedNightraiN

Slash receiving his slab of concrete made news all over media outlets (TMZ, Access Hollywood, CBS morning News, Kimmel, to name a few.. None I regularly watch, but just happen to catch the clip), mostly because of Charlie Sheen's dig at Axl...

Slash has been all over the place lately (even more than normal...) More and more Axl has been made the butt of jokes during these things...

We all know how he feels about Slash, so this can't sit well with him.. The only way he can prove he wont be sleeping on a side walk anytime soon, is to unleash some big guns and blow people away

Question is will he do anything about it? Hate slash more? Or get in the Vault and counter with some new music

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly think that your thread title won't cause disruptions. Bring it to Attitude where it belongs.

But to answer your question. I don't think Axl should do anything about Slash buying himself a slab of concrete and Charlie making a joke about him. It's nothing substantial in the grand scheme of things.

Interesting question you're asking in the right, relevant forum. But no, I don't think Axl will do anything, because just like always, Axl will be too busy focussing on putting the blame on others as opposed to helping his own career back on track.

The only way he can prove he will not be sleeping on a sidewalk anytime soon, is to not sleep on a sidewalk. .that's all that's needed.

It was a little joke. Best reaction is no reaction at all.

But to answer your question. I don't think Axl should do anything about Slash buying himself a slab of concrete and Charlie making a joke about him. It's nothing substantial in the grand scheme of things.

On the other hand none of any of the stuff discussed on these forums is.

On the other hand none of any of the stuff discussed on these forums is.

That's probably why nobody pays attention to us.

Having a star is an "award" that is bought and paid for by the "winner." It's a publicity stunt. A ruse. A joke. Everything Axl would avoid and everything Slash would embrace.

Slash is playing shows that struggle to gross $20,000 while Axl is playing shows that are grossing $2,000,000.

Axl jealous? No. Axl laughing all the way to the bank.

:thumbsup:

Having a star is an "award" that is bought and paid for by the "winner." It's a publicity stunt. A ruse. A joke. Everything Axl would avoid and everything Slash would embrace.

Slash is playing shows that struggle to gross $20,000 while Axl is playing shows that are grossing $2,000,000.

Is it really that big of a difference?

At my most recent GnR show, I'd guess there were maybe 5000-6000 people there. If the average ticket price is $75, that comes out to less than $500,000.

I bought a t-shirt for my son from a vendor who was cruising the stadium selling shirts for $20 apiece. We passed on the $8 bottle of water.

GnR is making another 1.5 million dollars.....off of their portion of t-shirt and alcohol sales? Considering the arena must make a profit as well.

So those 5000 people are spending an average of $75 per ticket and then $225 each on merchandise and food? Though for the arena to make money, those figures would be even higher, right? So those 5000 people are spending say $400 each (ticket and food/t-shirts)?

What happened when Axl did his Up Close and Personal Tour - weren't those like 2000 seat places?

And I didn't look up too much of Slash's tour numbers, but you keep throwing out a show with 600 people. I know you would NEVER exaggerate to make your point look better. But 600 people at say $50 each - that's 30,000 - plus merchandise and beer and all that. I looked up the first show of the Slash summer tour and it is at a place that seats 1400 people (before people make fun, remember how much the Nutters gushed at Axl doing small shows, and this place has been played by most of the famous bands you can think of). I would be very surprised if Slash couldn't sell 1000 tickets.....at say $50 a shot......that's 50,000 right there.

Again, not asking to be a smart aleck. Not trying to be cupcake (like popcorn and lolcano - which they both admit to) and not being a bitter angry ex-fan (GnR is my favorite band, by a mile)..........I know you have some experience in the music industry so I'm curious as to how all this stuff works. Hopefully you aren't exaggerating numbers to prove points - that would be beneath you!

So how does that work? How are GnR getting 2 million per show and Slash isn't getting 20,000.....how do those numbers work?

Thanks in advance.

Is it really that big of a difference?

At my most recent GnR show, I'd guess there were maybe 5000-6000 people there. If the average ticket price is $75, that comes out to less than $500,000.

I bought a t-shirt for my son from a vendor who was cruising the stadium selling shirts for $20 apiece. We passed on the $8 bottle of water.

GnR is making another 1.5 million dollars.....off of their portion of t-shirt and alcohol sales? Considering the arena must make a profit as well.

So those 5000 people are spending an average of $75 per ticket and then $225 each on merchandise and food? Though for the arena to make money, those figures would be even higher, right? So those 5000 people are spending say $400 each (ticket and food/t-shirts)?

What happened when Axl did his Up Close and Personal Tour - weren't those like 2000 seat places?

And I didn't look up too much of Slash's tour numbers, but you keep throwing out a show with 600 people. I know you would NEVER exaggerate to make your point look better. But 600 people at say $50 each - that's 30,000 - plus merchandise and beer and all that. I looked up the first show of the Slash summer tour and it is at a place that seats 1400 people (before people make fun, remember how much the Nutters gushed at Axl doing small shows, and this place has been played by most of the famous bands you can think of). I would be very surprised if Slash couldn't sell 1000 tickets.....at say $50 a shot......that's 50,000 right there.

Again, not asking to be a smart aleck. Not trying to be cupcake (like popcorn and lolcano - which they both admit to) and not being a bitter angry ex-fan (GnR is my favorite band, by a mile)..........I know you have some experience in the music industry so I'm curious as to how all this stuff works. Hopefully you aren't exaggerating numbers to prove points - that would be beneath you!

So how does that work? How are GnR getting 2 million per show and Slash isn't getting 20,000.....how do those numbers work?

Thanks in advance.

After Axl pay's everybody's overtime for the late start and finish, I bet he barely brakes even - union overtime is expensive

The only way he can prove he will not be sleeping on a sidewalk anytime soon, is to not sleep on a sidewalk. .that's all that's needed.

It was a little joke. Best reaction is no reaction at all.

Which will be Axl's reaction too, taking the high road.

All I thought when I heard this was, Charlie should know jokes since the last few years of his life was one! B)

Jokingly of course :P

Edited by deadpool89

I would have to say that Axl has the slight advantage being that he still carries the Guns N Roses name. Let him go out and tour as Axl Rose just as Slash does and you can believe he would be playing nothing but up close and personal tours for the rest of his career, actually as sad as It Is, It won't be long and this situation will be a reality In the U.S. even using the Guns N Roses name. By the way Msl can you provide any proof whatsoever that Guns N Roses grossed 2,000,000 on any one show on there last North American Tour. I find It hard to believe but I could be wrong.

I would have to say that Axl has the slight advantage being that he still carries the Guns N Roses name. Let him go out and tour as Axl Rose just as Slash does and you can believe he would be playing nothing but up close and personal tours for the rest of his career, actually as sad as It Is, It won't be long and this situation will be a reality In the U.S. even using the Guns N Roses name. By the way Msl can you provide any proof whatsoever that Guns N Roses grossed 2,000,000 on any one show on there last North American Tour. I find It hard to believe but I could be wrong.

I remember reading in Blender magazine about a decade ago how much money Metallica made for selling out Madison Square Garden. I believe after costs and expenses the take home pay for the entire band was around $480k. Which figures to be around $120k per band member, minus management fees and whatnot. That was a decade ago so I'm not sure how applicable that would be today

According to this source GNR made $$1,357,820 for their 02 Arena show in London last month. They sold just under 19k tickets. So I can't see them breaking the 2 million mark unless it's a rather large festival a la Rock N' Rio. They certainly did not hit anywhere near this sales level in their 2011 fall North American tour.

As for the thread topic, I severely doubt this will motivate Axl to do anything other than he's already doing. I would suspect that Axl considers the artistic merit of Slash's output more so than actual sales numbers. Since Axl doesn't see much worth in Slash's output, he likely does not care about stuff like the star on the walk of fame and whatnot.

Cheers,

Andrew

I sincerely doubt Axl personally makes boatloads of money every show after paying band members, road crew, taking care of team brazil, curfew fines, accomodations, etc. etc. He surely makes enough to get by and to continue living the life he lives, but he's not exactly making Kanye/Jay-z tour money here.

Slash tours on a bus, only has four other band members, likely doesn't have nearly as many non band member people to pay as gn'r, he probably gets to keep a good amount of his made from crowds of 2,000 - 3,000. As far as europe and south america goes, guns prolly make a lot more. But in america, I'd bet (no msl, it's a figure of speech) slash doesn't make much less than axl per show personally.

I think Axl makes more money from every show than we think. How much was his stolen jewelry worth again? I think Ashba earns about the same as Slash.

By the way, does Slash and the others still earn money from Appetite/Lies/UYI sales?

Edited by Jeez

I think Axl makes more money from every show than we think. How much was his stolen jewelry worth again? I think Ashba earns about the same as Slash.

By the way, does Slash and the others still earn money from Appetite/Lies/UYI sales?

As far as I know, everyone does but adler. His rights were bought out by guns when he was fired.