Will Slash's success motivate Axl?

LoadedNightraiN

How is any of that relevant? Obviously he has an advantage because he has the name, but the fact is he has it, and there's nothing Slash has done recently that would somehow threaten Axl or make him think he needs to step his game up

You were pointing out in your post how bad Slash is doing my point was Axl would not be doing as well as Slash if the situation was reversed. Axl knows it! I would think that might make him step up and push forward. I thought money did not impress Axl, so him making more money that Slash would not matter to him. He is obsessed with Slash! Slash is highly respected by his piers, he is every where he has achieved ICON status these are the things that might motivate Axl. BTW Slash is managing to make ends meet.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people even bringing up UCAP? GnR went on that tour as a treat for the fans, so that people could see them in a more intimate setting.

You're either delusional or misinformed.

Please provide a verifiable citation that states Axl did the UCAP tour as a treat for his fans. I'm aware of why he did it and who encouraged him to do so. I assure you it had nothing to do with Axl wanting to perform for his fans in an "intimate setting". Not even close.

Why are people even bringing up UCAP? GnR went on that tour as a treat for the fans, so that people could see them in a more intimate setting.

You're either delusional or misinformed.

Please provide a verifiable citation that states Axl did the UCAP tour as a treat for his fans. I'm aware of why he did it and who encouraged him to do so. I assure you it had nothing to do with Axl wanting to perform for his fans in an "intimate setting". Not even close.

Please expound, otherwise I'll just write this comment off as the usual cryptic, faux-insider trolling bullshit that has gotten you banned from every GnR forum on the planet. Thanks :thumbsup:

Please expound, otherwise I'll just write this comment off as the usual cryptic, faux-insider trolling bullshit that has gotten you banned from every GnR forum on the planet. Thanks :thumbsup:

Why are you avoiding my question? You stated that Axl played the UCAP shows because he wanted to perform for his fans in an "intimate setting". Could you please provide a citation for this? I don't think you can because I believe you made it up. If you choose to ignore my request for a second time, I will assume it is because you are full of shit and just making things up as you go along.

(fyi - I know that you made it up because I know why Axl played those club dates)

(another fyi - you are also lying about me being banned from "every GNR forum". I'm only banned at CD.com.)

Edited by bringbackadler

:rofl-lol: at you thinking I'm going to bite on your trolling bullshit. I have sources inside the GnR camp and they have assured me that Axl did the tour as a gesture to the hardcore fans who want to see them in an intimate setting but haven't had the opportunity to do so before. Mind you, this is info directly from the camp. If you have something better (which you don't), provide documentation. Otherwise, I'm done with you. So long :jerkoff:

:rofl-lol: at you thinking I'm going to bite on your trolling bullshit. I have sources inside the GnR camp and they have assured me that Axl did the tour as a gesture to the hardcore fans who want to see them in an intimate setting but haven't had the opportunity to do so before. Mind you, this is info directly from the camp. If you have something better (which you don't), provide documentation. Otherwise, I'm done with you. So long :jerkoff:

That's just as good as you admitting that you are full of shit. The UCAP tour didn't take place because Axl wanted to show a kind gesture to his fans. He did it because he was obligated to perform X amout of US dates, but there wasn't a demand that warranted booking arenas.

Now, why did you deliberately try to mislead people by stating that Axl wanted to perform for his fans in an intimate setting? Furthermore, why are you now trying to make the "band" look bad by saying that they told you this when you and I both know that you made it up?

Your sudden desire to be "done with me" strongly suggests that you don't want to discuss this further because you have something to hide. What do you have to hide?

Getting a star on Hollywood blvd is not really success. Some pretty lame people have stars. Stars are also bought by many. I once read people pay a 3000 dollar fee when getting a star. Every time I walk down hllywd blvd i am amazed at how fucking stupid the stars are. Do you honestly think Axl could not have gotten a star when CD came out? Isnt it odd people always get a.star when they have a movoe coming out or a cd or whatever?

Hey look everyone, BBA is claiming "inside info" without a source again! Look at him, look at him!

You really expect people to believe that GnR was "forced" into doing the Up Close & Personal Tour due to lack of other opportunities despite the fact that they had multiple North American markets that they (the new band) has done tremendously well at in prior years, in fact some of their strongest venues/markets?

Link/verification of your info? Thanks again :rofl-lol:

That's just as good as you admitting that you are full of shit. The UCAP tour didn't take place because Axl wanted to show a kind gesture to his fans. He did it because he was obligated to perform X amout of US dates, but there wasn't a demand that warranted booking arenas.

Now, why did you deliberately try to mislead people by stating that Axl wanted to perform for his fans in an intimate setting? Furthermore, why are you now trying to make the "band" look bad by saying that they told you this when you and I both know that you made it up?

Your sudden desire to be "done with me" strongly suggests that you don't want to discuss this further because you have something to hide. What do you have to hide?

The obligation was the fall tour. Axl prob. paid off some of the debt, and worked off some of it. Band still got paid.

2012 shows were about taking the band to as many places as possible. The NY shows were just Axl's return to Fashion Week, a return to The Ritz, and a big payday with the tequila sponsored show.

To me, the club shows are good because he can get away with getting on stage at midnight. I think when he plays arenas in cities where public transit is relied on, if it shuts down at 2AM, he's leaving a lot of his fans stranded. Or at least the city, GNR, and public transit should work something out the same way they work out the train schedule after a football game ends. It's prob. a few grand to have a special train run after the show, but that would be a generous gesture from GNR on the nights they go super late.

Hey look everyone, BBA is claiming "inside info" without a source again! Look at him, look at him!

You really expect people to believe that GnR was "forced" into doing the Up Close & Personal Tour due to lack of other opportunities despite the fact that they had multiple North American markets that they (the new band) has done tremendously well at in prior years, in fact some of their strongest venues/markets?

When you say that the band "has done tremendously well in North America", where exactly? Canada? A few questions:

1) Could you please give your definition of "tremendously well"?

2) You stated that they did "tremendously well" in "multiple NA markets. Could you please state those markets?

3) If you are only speaking of Canada, why didn't you just say so instead of claiming that they did well in multiple North American markets. It seems as if you deliberatley intended to mislead people with that comment.

Lastly, I'm still waiting on your citation that shows Axl performed the UCAP shows as a kind gesture to his fans. That's what you claimed. Now, are you going to keep insulting me to sway people's attention away from the fact that you lied or are you going to offer up said citation. (fyi - I happen to know that you are lying).

The obligation was the fall tour.

Could you please provide citation which shows that Axl was only obligated to play X-number play show through 2011?

I happen to know that isn't accurate. I'm not sure if you are misinformed or deliberatley trying to mislead people with your comment(s).

Edited by bringbackadler

When you say that the band "has done tremendously well in North America", where exactly? Canada? A few questions:

2) You stated that they did "tremendously well" in "multiple NA markets. Could you please state those markets?

3) If you are only speaking of Canada, why didn't you just say so instead of claiming that they did well in multiple North American markets. It seems as if you deliberatley intended to mislead people with that comment.

Lastly, I'm still waiting on your citation that shows Axl performed the UCAP shows as a kind gesture to his fans. That's what you claimed. Now, are you going to keep insulting me to sway people's attention away from the fact that you lied or are you going to offer up said citation. (fyi - I happen to know that you are lying).

Link to proof that I am lying?

They've sold out Madison Square Garden every time they've played there, didn't play it. Sold out Air Canada Centre in Toronto every time they've played there, didn't play it. Sold out Tampa St. Pete Times Forum last time they played there, didn't play it. Montreal, sold 15,000 tickets, didn't play there.

But yeah I'm sure Azoff would've preferred them to play 4 club shows in NYC instead of selling out MSG and gross over $1M, for the sake of show volume versus show profit. Great argument.

Edited by shotgunblues1978

I'm not sure why we argue so much over this. I feel like I'm not allowed to like both of them.

The thing is they both worked together so well and they are not *quite* the same seperate. Axl on camera made the statement at one point that the thing holding up the next GnR album was "Slash" when he was asked to elaborate he said something to the effect of "Slash is the only person that can play what I'm looking for."

Slash on the other hand thought Sweet Child of Mine was a shit riff, and that Estranged, November Rain and Don't cry were Boring. Slash has never on his own written anything as epic as any of those songs because Axl's vision brought out the best in him.

Today Axl is a sniper and Slash is on the heavy Machine gun. Axl wants everything perfect before it sees the light of day whereas Slash is prolific. Slash hasn't done anything quite like he did with GnR, but he has put out some GREAT music. Some of his guitar work on the Snakpit Albums is my favorite ever. "Be the Ball" and the solo on "Speed Parade" in particular are AMAZING and VERY GnR sounding.

The perfect example of how they are different is the Daughtry solo Slash did. I saw a clip on YouTube where he talked about it. And he said something to the effect "The record company asked me to do it and I was like 'Yeah, I'm pretty busy with VR right now' but they kept asking so I went into the studio and did it. It was a one off, I never met him but he seems cool."

Slash is really chill, he doesn't give a fuck, he'll fucking play anywhere he can plug in his guitar.

Axl on the other hand is far less open with sharing his talent or working with talent. A great example being the Buckethead first meeting when Axl got him the Leather Face doll he wanted, clearly demonstrating some research on Axl's part prior to meeting Bucket. The opposite of laying down a solo for a guy you never met. Neither one is wrong or right imo. Axl is a little too uptight about his name, Slash is a little too loose, I still love everything they do.

They are different, they are talented. They are both in a perpetual struggle to replace the other.

Why are we in a constant battle to pick one over the other? I like both a lot, for different reasons.

I'm not sure why we argue so much over this. I feel like I'm not allowed to like both of them.

The thing is they both worked together so well and they are not *quite* the same seperate. Axl on camera made the statement at one point that the thing holding up the next GnR album was "Slash" when he was asked to elaborate he said something to the effect of "Slash is the only person that can play what I'm looking for."

Slash on the other hand thought Sweet Child of Mine was a shit riff, and that Estranged, November Rain and Don't cry were Boring. Slash has never on his own written anything as epic as any of those songs because Axl's vision brought out the best in him.

Today Axl is a sniper and Slash is on the heavy Machine gun. Axl wants everything perfect before it sees the light of day whereas Slash is prolific. Slash hasn't done anything quite like he did with GnR, but he has put out some GREAT music. Some of his guitar work on the Snakpit Albums is my favorite ever. "Be the Ball" and the solo on "Speed Parade" in particular are AMAZING and VERY GnR sounding.

The perfect example of how they are different is the Daughtry solo Slash did. I saw a clip on YouTube where he talked about it. And he said something to the effect "The record company asked me to do it and I was like 'Yeah, I'm pretty busy with VR right now' but they kept asking so I went into the studio and did it. It was a one off, I never met him but he seems cool."

Slash is really chill, he doesn't give a fuck, he'll fucking play anywhere he can plug in his guitar.

Axl on the other hand is far less open with sharing his talent or working with talent. A great example being the Buckethead first meeting when Axl got him the Leather Face doll he wanted, clearly demonstrating some research on Axl's part prior to meeting Bucket. The opposite of laying down a solo for a guy you never met. Neither one is wrong or right imo. Axl is a little too uptight about his name, Slash is a little too loose, I still love everything they do.

They are different, they are talented. They are both in a perpetual struggle to replace the other.

Why are we in a constant battle to pick one over the other? I like both a lot, for different reasons.

Fantastic post, I agree wholeheartedly. The whole taking sides thing is something I will never understand...

The problem is that Axl is the main reason Slash is famous. Axl is way more talented than Slash. Then there's this infuriating irony that because of Axl's own actions (or lack thereof) we are actually having to entertain the asinine notion that they are on a level playing field. It really isnt even close.

Or maybe I really am wrong. I'm beginning to think otherwise. I'm beginning to think Axl needs Slash just as much as Slash needs Axl.

The only way he can prove he wont be sleeping on a side walk anytime soon, is to unleash some big guns and blow people away

Does anyone really believe he is about to become a homeless person? It was an absurd joke by a moron, why should it be the foundation for serious contemplation and why should it force Axl to having to prove anything? Should he also prove that any other imaginative absurd future outcome is not probable whenever they are used in a silly joke? Use your brain.

They've sold out Madison Square Garden every time they've played there, didn't play it. Sold out Tampa St. Pete Times Forum last time they played there, didn't play it.

More blatant lies. Why are you deliberately trying to mislead people into believing US attendance has been better than it actually was? What do you stand to gain by making such erroneous comments?

Again, you stated that Axl agreed to do the UCAP shows because he wanted to perform in an intimate setting and show a kind getsure to his fans. Those were your words. Will you be providing a verifiable citation that backs this up? I happen to know that wasn't the case at all. So, I'm curious to see if you were misinformed about said citation or if you deliberately attempted to mislead people with your comments.

Please provide your citation. Thanks.

Edited by bringbackadler

The only way he can prove he wont be sleeping on a side walk anytime soon, is to unleash some big guns and blow people away

Does anyone really believe he is about to become a homeless person? It was an absurd joke by a moron, why should it be the foundation for serious contemplation and why should it force Axl to having to prove anything? Should he also prove that any other imaginative absurd future outcome is not probable whenever they are used in a silly joke? Use your brain.

Of course I don't really believe that :rolleyes:

But until Axl really gets out there and has new songs on the radio, jokes like these will be relevant to the average GNR fan

The obligation was the fall tour.

Could you please provide citation which shows that Axl was only obligated to play X-number play show through 2011?

I happen to know that isn't accurate. I'm not sure if you are misinformed or deliberatley trying to mislead people with your comment(s).

"This whole tour is part of — it’s not like there’s a lot of money going to Live Nation or anything, but it’s part of how we worked out the settlement [with former manager and Live Nation exec Irving Azoff]. And I could have gone on to court, but that was going to block other things, so Live Nation's not getting paid, we’re not getting paid, but we’re putting it out of the way, so we did this tour." - Axl, LA Times, 2011

The terms of the agreement are being kept under wraps but legal papers filed by Rose's lawyers state that the deal would involve "a comprehensive touring agreement, in which Guns 'N Roses would perform at various... venues". Noisecreep, 2011

Where would I be misleading? GNR played x amount of dates in 2010 that Azoff's management wasn't paid for, the number came to 11-12 million, Azoff sued for 1.9M, Axl countersued for 5M. There was little promotion for the fall tour because it would've just cut into what he owed, better off just booking the shows and being done with the whole thing. He just did the interviews with Ed Trunk and the LA Times, the band called or made radio station appearances (not counting Ron being faded from one too many drinks at a steakhouse, wanting to drop in on Eddie Trunk's radio show).

UCAP went back to the same places GNR had just played a few months prior. Most bands wouldn't do that so soon. It's a given the NYC shows were b/c Axl likes being in NY for Fashion Week, and playing around LA was conveniently local for him.

The question is - even though there's a settlement, if you do know facts about GNR's business, does Axl still have to pay Front Line a percentage when they're touring North America, even if it's 1 percent? It's def. possible being that the settlement isn't public record.

(another fyi - you are also lying about me being banned from "every GNR forum". I'm only banned at CD.com.)

You're lying.. Here's my citation

HTGTH

Name: bringbackadler

Custom Title: I don't know who's in the band

Position: Banned

Date Registered: December 07, 2006, 12:46:38 PM

Last Active: March 15, 2007, 03:37:46 PM

But until Axl really gets out there and has new songs on the radio, jokes like these will be relevant to the average GNR fan

I think what Charlie was really trying to say is that right now Axl has a lot of people on his payroll and" Its Not So Easy" to get a head of all the bills, but if he were to do some kind of reunion where Slash was involved, he wouldn't have to ever worry about money. He just picked a really shity way of saying it that was not so cool. Then again thats what doing to much coke will do to you.

I think what Charlie was really trying to say is that right now Axl has a lot of people on his payroll and" Its Not So Easy" to get a head of all the bills, but if he were to do some kind of reunion where Slash was involved, he wouldn't have to ever worry about money. He just picked a really shity way of saying it that was not so cool. Then again thats what doing to much coke will do to you.

I think that's how YOU interpret it... I'm not so sure Charlie was so deep with it

Motivate him to do what exactly? Put out another album? He put one out in 2008 (after a 17 year break between albums of new material). Now, we're complaining that he's not putting another out while he's on a world tour? WTF? Let him finish the tour before we start going nuts for Chinese Democracy 2 or whatever the next album is.

And what exactly has Slash been successful at? Jumping from band to band? Last I checked Velvet Revolver still doesn't have a singer.

The only thing Charlie Sheen's statements should do is motivate Axl to punch him in the face.

Edited by SWIFTSLICK