Will Slash's success motivate Axl?

LoadedNightraiN

Why are people even bringing up UCAP? GnR went on that tour as a treat for the fans, so that people could see them in a more intimate setting.

You're either delusional or misinformed.

Please provide a verifiable citation that states Axl did the UCAP tour as a treat for his fans. I'm aware of why he did it and who encouraged him to do so. I assure you it had nothing to do with Axl wanting to perform for his fans in an "intimate setting". Not even close.

You assured us of a lot of things, all of it turned out to be right. Right?

''My inside source......''

:lol:

Edited by UcudBmine

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that Axl is the main reason Slash is famous.

of course :thumbsup: although "slash" doesn't seem grateful :P

Are you in drugs? Not trying to be rude, I really am concerned about your well being. Is it drugs?

Axl hates Slash.

Slash would do a show with the old band in a heartbeat. Axl wouldn't.

And you think that Slash is the ungrateful one?

And again, are you drunk or high?

Axl didn't make Slash famous. What an ignorant thing to say.

They were members of a band that made them both famous. They both owe a portion of their success to the other one. Although Axl is the one still really milking songs that Slash helped create. At least slash isn't living off of the GnR name like Axl is.

Charlie was out of line. He should have talked about Slash's accomplishments.

Without Axl, Slash would have not done enough on his own to get that star. Axl's voice and melodies brought the best out of Slash. He could have talked about how big GNR was and what Slash meant to him as far as his image and sound and guitar playing and how good the music they made together was at that time. Bashing Axl only made Charlie look like an Ass. Charlie is only mad because there is not some kind of reunion. He does not know all the details.

Seconded! I completely concur with this. It also reflected badly on Slash to passively aggressively encourage Sheen by noticably supressing laughter.

Why are people even bringing up UCAP? GnR went on that tour as a treat for the fans, so that people could see them in a more intimate setting.

You're either delusional or misinformed.

Please provide a verifiable citation that states Axl did the UCAP tour as a treat for his fans. I'm aware of why he did it and who encouraged him to do so. I assure you it had nothing to do with Axl wanting to perform for his fans in an "intimate setting". Not even close.

Please expound, otherwise I'll just write this comment off as the usual cryptic, faux-insider trolling bullshit that has gotten you banned from every GnR forum on the planet. Thanks :thumbsup:

HA! (he has the mistaken notion that he is a news reporter here :lol:)

The problem is that Axl is the main reason Slash is famous.

of course :thumbsup: although "slash" doesn't seem grateful :P

Are you in drugs? Not trying to be rude, I really am concerned about your well being. Is it drugs?

Axl hates Slash.

Slash would do a show with the old band in a heartbeat. Axl wouldn't.

And you think that Slash is the ungrateful one?

And again, are you drunk or high?

Axl didn't make Slash famous. What an ignorant thing to say.

They were members of a band that made them both famous. They both owe a portion of their success to the other one. Although Axl is the one still really milking songs that Slash helped create. At least slash isn't living off of the GnR name like Axl is.

If Slash and Adler hadnt been invited to come aboard when Tracii and Gardner wussed out on the Seattle gigs Duff set up we wouldnt be having this nice reparteee'.

Axl owns the name,get over it already.

The only way he can prove he wont be sleeping on a side walk anytime soon, is to unleash some big guns and blow people away

Does anyone really believe he is about to become a homeless person? It was an absurd joke by a moron, why should it be the foundation for serious contemplation and why should it force Axl to having to prove anything? Should he also prove that any other imaginative absurd future outcome is not probable whenever they are used in a silly joke? Use your brain.

That seems to be the difficulty here,not enough people utilizing the cerebral matter.

Sheen is a delusional cretin.

Slash is Gn'R.

HA! Look,another one :shock:

How is any of that relevant? Obviously he has an advantage because he has the name, but the fact is he has it, and there's nothing Slash has done recently that would somehow threaten Axl or make him think he needs to step his game up

You were pointing out in your post how bad Slash is doing my point was Axl would not be doing as well as Slash if the situation was reversed. Axl knows it! I would think that might make him step up and push forward. I thought money did not impress Axl, so him making more money that Slash would not matter to him. He is obsessed with Slash! Slash is highly respected by his piers, he is every where he has achieved ICON status these are the things that might motivate Axl. BTW Slash is managing to make ends meet.

His Piers??

It seems like Slash's success is kind of the illusion of success at this point.

You sly devil :thumbsup:

Let's take stock of the situation.

Slash:

- Basically renowned in the industry as an overall nice guy, easy to get along with a willing to play with pretty much anyone. Celebs and fellow musicians alike.

- Showed up to the Hall of fame and was a class act. Admired by the majority of the press how classy he is and how he handled it.

- Has released 6 studio albums, 2 live albums and numerous music videos since his last GNR album in 1993. He's now working on another solo album. When he's not releasing albums he's keeping busy in the industry.

- Is currently playing in a band where everyone is happy and having a blast making music and touring.

- We know at least on one occasion had the balls to turn up to Axl's house to talk things over like adults.

- Is renowned in the industry to this day as a serious player and has a shitload of cred.

Axl:

- Renowned in the industry as a complete jackass, and unable to work with anyone (band members, management etc).

- Snubbed the RNRHOF (which isnt an issue) but conducted himself like a petty kid, further solidifying the fact that he is a petty fucktard. Hated by the press and by millions of ppl around the world now (even more). Oh except Lolcano, Angeles, Gunsguy and Jarmo. Plus afew others on the interwebz.

- Has released 1 album since 1993. No music videos (after being announced), no live albums, no promo, cancelled livestreams of shows, promised live DVDs (London) which never happened and absolutely no sign of new material being released on the horizon. Oh wait, there was 1 interview with Eddie Trunk....and .... a new BAND PHOTO!!!! ZOMG POST IT IN CAPS ON THIS FOURM!!!

- He's currently playing in a band where he has been left with people that he has scraped the bottom of the barrell with and are the only ones left willing to stick around. We know beyond doubt at least one of these members are miserable and have been known to vent how miserable they are on Facebook or livestreams etc because their singer doesnt give a shit about their welfare and books tours before they are at an adequate level of health. Or what about playing "Glad to be here" at GNR concerts. Interesting choice...

- Uninterested in sitting down and talking with Slash at the very least and is happy to keep up a stupid feud that was 20 years ago going on. Continues to act like a petty child to this day.

- Is renowned as a complete joke and scoffed at by most people in the industry. Has completely run GNR into the ground and by turning in performances like Rock in Rio 2011 has strengthened the case why the band is a joke and why they cannot be taken serious.

Taking Axl and Slash out of the equation. If I looked at these two people with the above information it is clear who is succeeding not only in the business, but in life as a person. I'm going to see Slash soon. At this point the 15,000 seat arena is about 95% sold. You can bet he is not earning $20k that night....

Cue: MSL betting me 100k or a game of badminton to prove what I said is true...

Slash:

- Basically renowned in the industry as an overall nice guy, easy to get along with a willing to play with pretty much anyone. Celebs and fellow musicians alike.

- Showed up to the Hall of fame and was a class act. Admired by the majority of the press how classy he is and how he handled it.

- Has released 6 studio albums, 2 live albums and numerous music videos since his last GNR album in 1993. He's now working on another solo album. When he's not releasing albums he's keeping busy in the industry.

- Is currently playing in a band where everyone is happy and having a blast making music and touring.

- We know at least on one occasion had the balls to turn up to Axl's house to talk things over like adults.

- Is renowned in the industry to this day as a serious player and has a shitload of cred.

Axl:

- Renowned in the industry as a complete jackass, and unable to work with anyone (band members, management etc).

- Snubbed the RNRHOF (which isnt an issue) but conducted himself like a petty kid, further solidifying the fact that he is a petty fucktard. Hated by the press and by millions of ppl around the world now (even more). Oh except Lolcano, Angeles, Gunsguy and Jarmo. Plus afew others on the interwebz.

- Has released 1 album since 1993. No music videos (after being announced), no live albums, no promo, cancelled livestreams of shows, promised live DVDs (London) which never happened and absolutely no sign of new material being released on the horizon. Oh wait, there was 1 interview with Eddie Trunk....and .... a new BAND PHOTO!!!! ZOMG POST IT IN CAPS ON THIS FOURM!!!

- He's currently playing in a band where he has been left with people that he has scraped the bottom of the barrell with and are the only ones left willing to stick around. We know beyond doubt at least one of these members are miserable and have been known to vent how miserable they are on Facebook or livestreams etc because their singer doesnt give a shit about their welfare and books tours before they are at an adequate level of health. Or what about playing "Glad to be here" at GNR concerts. Interesting choice...

- Uninterested in sitting down and talking with Slash at the very least and is happy to keep up a stupid feud that was 20 years ago going on. Continues to act like a petty child to this day.

- Is renowned as a complete joke and scoffed at by most people in the industry. Has completely run GNR into the ground and by turning in performances like Rock in Rio 2011 has strengthened the case why the band is a joke and why they cannot be taken serious.

Taking Axl and Slash out of the equation. If I looked at these two people with the above information it is clear who is succeeding not only in the business, but in life as a person. I'm going to see Slash soon. At this point the 15,000 seat arena is about 95% sold. You can bet he is not earning $20k that night....

Nearly sold out 15,000 seat arena? Who's he opening for?

Slash:

Axl:

Nearly sold out 15,000 seat arena? Who's he opening for?

:thumbsup:

Slash:

Axl:

Taking Axl and Slash out of the equation. If I looked at these two people with the above information it is clear who is succeeding not only in the business, but in life as a person. I'm going to see Slash soon. At this point the 15,000 seat arena is about 95% sold. You can bet he is not

earning $20k that night....

Gee,you aren't biased at all.

The truth is never biased. It is all fact. And yes, he has sold 95% of an arena locally to me. Does it hurt he's headlining and sold nearly 15k tickets by himself? Don't hate me because I'm speaking truth.

Mind you, I'm being generous. Its actually 97-98% sold out......

Edited by Peter Shneck

The truth is never biased. It is all fact. And yes, he has sold 95% of an arena locally to me. Does it hurt he's headlining and sold nearly 15k tickets by himself? Don't hate me because I'm speaking truth.

Mind you, I'm being generous. Its actually 97-98% sold out......

Your truth gets twisted and comes out biased.

Are you Mick Wall's retarded cousin?

Slash:

As long as he's getting paid $$$

Needed the attention.

- Has released 6 studio albums, 2 live albums and numerous music videos since his last GNR album in 1993.

None of which mattered.

They're probably just happy to get out of the house ...

Hmm? We "know"? Really? That's strange. Cos I don't even know where Axl lives, so I never had the chance to witness that conversation unlike "we". But what I've heard on the internet (which is hearsay, of course) sounds more like Slash getting drunk enough to find the guts to getting to Axl's house and begging him to let the guy back into Guns. But that's only hearsay since I wasn't one of those "we" persons that were standing at Axl's front gate that night to be able to listen to every single word that was being said ...

Axl:

Yup, stays true to himself and his vision. Always in line with the band's credo "We do what we want". Attitude has become so rare, not much ass-kickers around anymore ... only ass-lickers ...

- Snubbed the RNRHOF

Didn't let the "RNRHOF" disrespect the current band members by not wanting them to attend ... plus he didn't need the attention ;)

- Has released 1 album since 1993.

Which is one of the two best rock albums of this millenium. Given, that wasn't too hard since rock music in this millenium pretty much sucks since the music industry doesn't want to have to deal with ass-kickers anymore ... but only ass-kickers will write music that kicks ass ...

- Uninterested in sitting down and talking with Slash at the very least.

Axl had to deal enough with Slash through lawyers because that was the way of communication that Slash chose for years. Slash could have chosen a different way, but he didn't ...

- Is renowned as a complete joke

In which universe? The Slash one, I guess? Slash has his own universe by now? Cool, bro ...

Slash:

As long as he's getting paid $$$

Needed the attention.

- Has released 6 studio albums, 2 live albums and numerous music videos since his last GNR album in 1993.

None of which mattered.

They're probably just happy to get out of the house ...

Hmm? We "know"? Really? That's strange. Cos I don't even know where Axl lives, so I never had the chance to witness that conversation unlike "we". But what I've heard on the internet (which is hearsay, of course) sounds more like Slash getting drunk enough to find the guts to getting to Axl's house and begging him to let the guy back into Guns. But that's only hearsay since I wasn't one of those "we" persons that were standing at Axl's front gate that night to be able to listen to every single word that was being said ...

Axl:

Yup, stays true to himself and his vision. Always in line with the band's credo "We do what we want". Attitude has become so rare, not much ass-kickers around anymore ... only ass-lickers ...

- Snubbed the RNRHOF

Didn't let the "RNRHOF" disrespect the current band members by not wanting them to attend ... plus he didn't need the attention ;)

- Has released 1 album since 1993.

Which is one of the two best rock albums of this millenium. Given, that wasn't too hard since rock music in this millenium pretty much sucks since the music industry doesn't want to have to deal with ass-kickers anymore ... but only ass-kickers will write music that kicks ass ...

In which universe? The Slash one, I guess? Slash has his own universe by now? Cool, bro ...

The Vunderslaus Universe- Soon Coming to a shopping mall,Denny's or Waffle House near you!!

[[[[|:•0

If you think Chinese Democracy was/is relevant you are delusional. I actually think it is a good album, but you cannot objectively say it was/is relevant in the industry. It is a joke. How much airplay does it get? None. CD has had no impact. Will GNR be remember for the great hits off CD. Of course not. CD only lowered GNR's cred because of the time it took to come out. It's a throw away, because it wasn't promoted properly, or released soon enough.

So Axl's vision and staying true to himself is by doing practically nothing for 20 years is a good thing? 1 album (and nothing else but a few mediocre cash grab tours) is awesome? That's what you call a farce. Not some grand "vision".

Lets take a minute to examine why the RRHOF would want NuGNR to attend:

Richard - has been in a decade or so. Has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

BBF - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

Frank - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and 1 song on CD.

Tommy - Been in 14 years. Cash grab tours. Played on CD.

Chris - I dont think I even need to go into it.

DJ - Been in only a few years, cash grab tours and hasnt played on an album.

None of these people have done anything significant to warrant induction. Are you really going to tell me Tommy is that amazing he should be inducted on the basis of 14 years of cash grab touring and playing on 1 album which is completely irrelevant, except of course to the die hards on the forums.

Edited by Peter Shneck

If you think Chinese Democracy was/is relevant you are delusional. I actually think it is a good album, but you cannot objectively say it was/is relevant in the industry. It is a joke. How much airplay does it get? None. CD has had no impact. Will GNR be remember for the great hits off CD. Of course not. CD only lowered GNR's cred because of the time it took to come out. It's a throw away, because it wasn't promoted properly, or released soon enough.

So Axl's vision and staying true to himself is by doing practically nothing for 20 years is a good thing? 1 album (and nothing else but a few mediocre cash grab tours) is awesome? That's what you call a farce. Not some grand "vision".

Richard - has been in a decade or so. Has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

BBF - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

Frank - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and 1 song on CD.

None of these people have done anything significant to warrant induction. Are you really going to tell me Tommy is that amazing he should be inducted on the basis of 14 years of cash grab touring and playing on 1 album which is completely irrelevant, except of course to the die hards on the forums.

CD is relevant for somewhere between 3-5 million people depending on what you want to believe, that is hardly irrelevant.

I do agree with your assessment of the Hall of Fame, but I don't think Matt or Dizzy should have been inducted either. It should have been no employees allowed.

"As long as he's getting paid $$$"

Well, you don't know for a fact he has gotten paid for every album he has appeared on. If he has, wow, what an arse wanting to get paid for doing work. Why don't you be better than that horrible man and stop accepting your salary at work? When's the last time Axl did a free gig or guest appearance? One time I can think of, on Baz' album.... Oh wait, Axl doesn't do stuff like that.... er, or anything really. It's his grand vision!! LOL :crazy:

CD is relevant for somewhere between 3-5 million people depending on what you want to believe, that is hardly irrelevant.

I do agree with your assessment of the Hall of Fame, but I don't think Matt or Dizzy should have been inducted either. It should have been no employees allowed.

Damn Smooth, I like the album. It is a great album. In the industry, and in the grand scheme of things, the album has no significance. Only a platform for ppl to poke fun at what GNR and Axl have become.

I think Matt and Dizzy had involvement on crucial albums and tours. They were involved in the era when GNR were literally the biggest band on the earth. Although I'm not crazy about Dizzy get in,I can see why they inducted him. I think Matt should be a certainty. My opinion.

Edited by Peter Shneck

Well, you don't know for a fact he has gotten paid for every album he has appeared on. If he has, wow, what an arse wanting to get paid for doing work. Why don't you be better than that horrible man and stop accepting your salary at work? When's the last time Axl did a free gig or guest appearance? One time I can think of, on Baz' album.... Oh wait, Axl doesn't do stuff like that.... er, or anything really. It's his grand vision!! LOL :crazy:

Damn Smooth, I like the album. It is a great album. In the industry, and in the grand scheme of things, the album has no significance. Only a platform for ppl to poke fun at what GNR and Axl have become.

I think Matt and Dizzy had involvement on crucial albums and tours. They were involved in the era when GNR were literally the biggest band on the earth. Although I'm not crazy about Dizzy get in,I can see why they inducted him. I think Matt should be a certainty. My opinion.

I'll agree to disagree on Matt and Dizzy. The true classic lineup is what made that band the biggest band on earth. Appetite is much more relevant to the history of music than the Illusions are.

About CD, what is critically acclaimed and popular in the US today is a joke to me.

I'll agree to disagree on Matt and Dizzy. The true classic lineup is what made that band the biggest band on earth. Appetite is much more relevant to the history of music than the Illusions are.

About CD, what is critically acclaimed and popular in the US today is a joke to me.

I see what your saying re: the original lineup. I think with Appetite that made them a huge band, but the UYI tour made them mega stars, and solidified them as the biggest band in the world. Matt and Dizzy were apart of not only the tours, but the albums. This is why I understand them getting in.

I think calling Matt an employee is pretty harsh. Axl loved Matt until he went into bat for Slash and asked Axl to rehire him. Matt's contributions to GNR have been massive, Axl knew it then (claiming Matt was the reason they didn't break up) and I'm sure when he's not being a bitter and twisted soul, he knows it inside.