Why did you decide to do this?

Again, thank you for your many clarifications, personal stories, and insights thruout the years. But, could you describe what initailly brought you here(many years ago), how you were approached to to do this, and why you ultimatly decided to do this. Also, has Axl ever made refernce to this forum to you personally, and why does Slash largely ignore such forums?

Again, thank you for your many clarifications, personal stories, and insights thruout the years. But, could you describe what initailly brought you here(many years ago), how you were approached to to do this, and why you ultimatly decided to do this. Also, has Axl ever made refernce to this forum to you personally, and why does Slash largely ignore such forums?

I first came here to see the peoples reaction and to answer any questions about Reckless Road before it came out. I was excited to finally get it out after 12 years of it sitting waiting to get it published. It was something that I was very proud of and I needed to share it with the fans.

There was a lot of trouble getting the book out and people had to wait a long time to get it. While I was hanging around I started making comments on other things that came up. I wished I had a place like this to come to when I was a big Aerosmith fan. I understand how important it can be to have a place to talk about the band that your interested in. Also I saw there was a lot of fighting going on between the fans about the Axl VS Slash thing. So I was trying to get the point across that there is no one to blame. They are both right in what they wanted. People change and their time was up. I now come here just like you to get any news about the band.

Slash will never come to these places because he never was the type to go back to see what people have to say. He makes music and tours and also doesn't have time to check out the sites. He does like to hear about a good review or something but thats about it. He has done a lot of interviews and press and always will because its part of the job. By the way he gets nervous when he has to speak in public when there is no music. Like when he has to accept an award.

Edited by recklessroad