Upcoming interview with: Chris Pitman

AGS

Untitled-332232.jpg

Hello everyone! We are working an interview with Chris Pitman, so we would like to get questions from you to the man!

About what? whatever you want! GnR, SexTapes, life on the road, his paintings, drinks & more.

We will choose a mix of Q's from here and move on with that... :thumbsup:

I guess one week will be enough to get some good ones! :book:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't ask him about anything but GNR. I've seen too may of these interviews with Bumble or whoever where they ask them 10 questions about shit none us care about and a GNR question at the end with no followup question. If you ask him what the best song on the next album is follow it up with why? Who wrote it? Just make sure it doesn't read like a Tiger Beat interview.

Don't ask him any dumbass cliched questions, because I already asked them all of him when I talked to him last year!! :P "Where'd he get the nickname Mother Goose? Bucket came up with it.", "Where'd you come up with the wobbly keyboard? I have to do that because I'm always so drunk that's the only way I can keep straight with it", etc. I really think he (or really any other member) will be hesitant to answer a bunch of questions about song titles we haven't heard, what's gonna be on the next album, etc. One question I meant to ask him but forgot was What was the entire process of creating the movie line sample collage in 'Madagascar'? It clearly tells a story, how did they come up with what to use, etc. That one piece has always been very striking to me, and I'd love to know the back story to it. My other question would be Could you explain the process in how some of the songs changed over the years? Specifically 'The Blues' into 'Street of Dreams'. It went from an uptempo, bluesier song (with Chris' AMAZING hip-hop-ish whirly woo synths), to a much more mellow, slower paced, ballad type of song. Still an amazing song, but for the first live performance to the final version, it's almost an entirely different song, and I'd be curious to know how that entire process works. Thanks!!

Don't ask him about anything but GNR. I've seen too may of these interviews with Bumble or whoever where they ask them 10 questions about shit none us care about and a GNR question at the end with no followup question. If you ask him what the best song on the next album is follow it up with why? Who wrote it? Just make sure it doesn't read like a Tiger Beat interview.

This. I dont care about his solo work or anything else, unless its regarding GNR then I couldnt care less.

1. Whats GNR's Plan after you guys have had a break from touring.

2. What was your relationship like with Buckethead?

3. Are there any ideas floating round for the title of the next record, or has this been decided? (obviously not expecting actual title to be given out)

Does he create any music while he's on the road?

Did he ever play a keytar?

What actually inspired him to play keyboards, was there a family piano or organ that he started off playing on, and when did he know it was his calling to play?

When did he decided to move to LA to work in music, and if he were starting out now, would he have still moved?

Worst gig (could be GNR, Lusk, etc):

Most memorable gig:

Worst job he's ever had, in or out of music:

Had he ever seen GNR before he was in the band?

What are his plans for the rest of 2012 in & out of GNR?

Any favorite places he's gone to on the tour that he wants to come back and visit?

Don't ask him any dumbass cliched questions, because I already asked them all of him when I talked to him last year!! :P "Where'd he get the nickname Mother Goose? Bucket came up with it.", "Where'd you come up with the wobbly keyboard? I have to do that because I'm always so drunk that's the only way I can keep straight with it", etc. I really think he (or really any other member) will be hesitant to answer a bunch of questions about song titles we haven't heard, what's gonna be on the next album, etc. One question I meant to ask him but forgot was What was the entire process of creating the movie line sample collage in 'Madagascar'? It clearly tells a story, how did they come up with what to use, etc. That one piece has always been very striking to me, and I'd love to know the back story to it. My other question would be Could you explain the process in how some of the songs changed over the years? Specifically 'The Blues' into 'Street of Dreams'. It went from an uptempo, bluesier song (with Chris' AMAZING hip-hop-ish whirly woo synths), to a much more mellow, slower paced, ballad type of song. Still an amazing song, but for the first live performance to the final version, it's almost an entirely different song, and I'd be curious to know how that entire process works. Thanks!!

I'd like to know if The Blues was ever recorded in the studio with the synth and that epic guitar intro. I'd also like to know that if he and any of the other band wanted to, could they listen to the unreleased material?

I'd ask what does he remember about the writing sessions and CD songs (I mean, those included on the album) timeline. Example: song X was ready to go when he joined the band, song Y was written in studio around 2001, etc. Or: Robin came in with a riff for that song and we did this and that...

Oh, and I'd ask him about the new version of Silkworms.

Okay, I think we don't need to be scared when choosing questions, he isn't going to be offended.

No one cares about sex tapes, that's a waste of question. We need to the answers of questions such as

What are your plans for the rest of the year?

What are Guns plans for the rest of the year?

How much studio time have Guns done since chinese democracy?

What style are the unreleased songs?

When not on tour, how often is the banned together socially, and how often does the band get together to discuss upcoming projects?

Also, ask him about several rumoured GNR song titles that he can confirm.