Do you think drugs impact people's lives negatively or favorably?

arnold layne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Life needs less quitters or else shit wouldn't get done in the world. Fact.

Exactly! I've always said rehab's for quitters! :D

You stealing that from Keef? he said that to Ronnie Woods when Ronnie went into rehab but seems he is changing his tune

Ronnie Wood says his Rolling Stones bandmate Keith Richards has finally understood why he wants to get sober and no longer gives him a hard time when he doesn't drink.

Keith Richards no longer gets upset when his bandmates stop drinking.

The Rolling Stones rocker - who is renowned for his wild partying - has finally begun to understand why the group's guitarist Ronnie Wood wants to live a more sober lifestyle.

Ronnie - who has been sober for six months after repeated spells in rehab for alcohol and drug addiction - said: "Back in the mad old days Keith would hit me in the face with a bottle when I got out of order.

"These days he's got off his 'rehab is for quitters' high horse. He gets it now. I keep saying 'quitting, that's what I'm trying to do!'

"He used to see it as a sign of weakness. Now he's 'I can dig it. You're not as nice a person when you're overindulging."

Ronnie also said Keith has slowed down himself, after becoming more aware of his mortality since he was hospitalised in 2006 after falling out of a palm tree.

He added to Q magazine: "In his own way he has addressed the fact that at his time of life and especially after falling out of that tree, he can't hit things the same way he used to otherwise he will die. He knows that. We all do. Addiction is like being beaten over the head with a hammer. It's nice when it stops."

Keith quit heroin and cocaine at the end of the 70s but still drinks alcohol.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/keith-richards-forgives-sober-bandmate_1177952

You stealing that from Keef? he said that to Ronnie Woods when Ronnie went into rehab but seems he is changing his tune

Hahaha, I saw it fucking years ago printed on a t-shirt in a mall in PA if I recall. Was that dear old Keef? If so then it's even more true! :lol:

Hahaha, I saw it fucking years ago printed on a t-shirt in a mall in PA if I recall. Was that dear old Keef? If so then it's even more true! :lol:

Keef is the fucking Yoda of rock.........

Drugs will not help you get things done. Drugs and booze are what you do when you have already put a shift in and then you do whatever you like.

I have a young family and I'm about to work split shifts from 8am till 23.30pm for at least the next three days and most probably Monday and Tuesday as well. That is because I decided 3 years ago to go to Uni to get a degree in social housing. But i still need to work 40/50 hours a week just to provide.

I won't see my wife or kid for more than 6 hours in the next 3 days and I will probably be needing to sleep then anyway. This is absolutely fine with us as I've got a cracking job guaranteed at the end of it.

My point is, I will most probably drink a few beers to unwind at the end of every shift this next three days but it won't stop me getting showered and dressed to be in work at 8am the next day. And I will enjoy those beers, if I spent the day on guitar hero I would feel like shit drinking those beers.

Drugs will not help you get things done. Drugs and booze are what you do when you have already put a shift in and then you do whatever you like.

I have a young family and I'm about to work split shifts from 8am till 23.30pm for at least the next three days and most probably Monday and Tuesday as well. That is because I decided 3 years ago to go to Uni to get a degree in social housing. But i still need to work 40/50 hours a week just to provide.

I won't see my wife or kid for more than 6 hours in the next 3 days and I will probably be needing to sleep then anyway. This is absolutely fine with us as I've got a cracking job guaranteed at the end of it.

My point is, I will most probably drink a few beers to unwind at the end of every shift this next three days but it won't stop me getting showered and dressed to be in work at 8am the next day. And I will enjoy those beers, if I spent the day on guitar hero I would feel like shit drinking those beers.

Best post in the thread right there! :thumbsup: I'm working 24 consecutive 10 hour days with only 2 days off starting on Monday and as far as I'm concerned anybody who tells me I can't have a few jars to wind down after can get fucked. :)

Edited by Dazey

Holy shit, your life sounds depressing.

It's called hard graft and i find that getting things done and seeing that it's making my family's future better is the exact opposite of depressing, for me anyway but each to his own.

It's called hard graft and i find that getting things done and seeing that it's making my family's future better is the exact opposite of depressing, for me anyway but im not sure what your background is.

Keef is the fucking Yoda of rock.........

Short, unintelligible and a funny shade of green? :lol:

Short, unintelligible and very wrinkled but occasionally comes up with words of wisdom

Best post in the thread right there! :thumbsup: I'm working 24 consecutive 10 hour days with only 2 days off starting on Monday and as far as I'm concerned anybody who tells me I can't have a few jars to wind down after can get fucked. :)

Everything in moderation.....but some times to excess is good for mental health......everyone needs a good night of getting fucked up now and then............it is when excess becomes the norm that it is a problem.............IMHO

Sure, they might be fun or badass

Good for you for quiting. You won't regret it.

Taking drugs is never "badass" though. Anybody with a few extra dollars can take drugs. Dazey jumping out of a plane is badass. Shooting heroin isn't.

Coming home from work and seeing my wife's smile, aroma of the dinner she is cooking floating through the house, and my one year old literally shaking because of how happy he is to see me before he runs and jumps into my arms......that gives me 1,500 times more pleasure than any drug induced high!

Edited by Groghan

Sure, they might be fun or badass

Good for you for quiting. You won't regret it.

Taking drugs is never "badass" though. Anybody with a few extra dollars can take drugs. Dazey jumping out of a plane is badass. Shooting heroin isn't.

Coming home from work and seeing my wife's smile, aroma of the dinner she is cooking floating through the house, and my one year old literally shaking because of how happy he is to see me before he runs and jumps into my arms......that gives me 1,500 times more pleasure than any drug induced high!

Groghan making a lot of sense yet again right there. Anybody who thinks taking drugs is "badass" is an idiot and has never seen me sitting in the corner of a room gurgling (not from heroin) like a blocked drain to Dark Side of the Moon. Is it fun? Yes, lots of fun but absolutely definitely not "badass". In fact if you do anything cos it's "badass" then you're doing it for the people observing you and not for yourself. Perversely something only ever becomes badass when you're doing it for you and not to cultivate an image, cos then you're already trying to hard. ;) Oh and if you do want a proper chemical free high then I can totally recommend a skydive. I've never been so terrified of anything in my life and it almost got me beaten to death in a movie theatre beforehand to shut me up but oh my god what a great experience! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard
In fact if you do anything cos it's "badass" then you're doing it for the people observing you and not for yourself.

At which point, you're a cunt :lol:

In fact if you do anything cos it's "badass" then you're doing it for the people observing you and not for yourself.

At which point, you're a cunt :lol:

I fear we find ourselves tarred with that particular brush regardless dear boy! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

At which point, you're a cunt

I fear we find ourselves tarred with that particular brush regardless dear boy!

Nonsense, the public loves us! :lol: