Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Do you think drugs impact people's lives negatively or favorably?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Superfuzz

Superfuzz

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • 04-November 08
Life needs less quitters or else shit wouldn't get done in the world. Fact.

Posted Image

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,629 posts
  • 25-November 02

Exactly! I've always said rehab's for quitters! :D

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

You stealing that from Keef? he said that to Ronnie Woods when Ronnie went into rehab but seems he is changing his tune

Ronnie Wood says his Rolling Stones bandmate Keith Richards has finally understood why he wants to get sober and no longer gives him a hard time when he doesn't drink.

Keith Richards no longer gets upset when his bandmates stop drinking.

The Rolling Stones rocker - who is renowned for his wild partying - has finally begun to understand why the group's guitarist Ronnie Wood wants to live a more sober lifestyle.

Ronnie - who has been sober for six months after repeated spells in rehab for alcohol and drug addiction - said: "Back in the mad old days Keith would hit me in the face with a bottle when I got out of order.

"These days he's got off his 'rehab is for quitters' high horse. He gets it now. I keep saying 'quitting, that's what I'm trying to do!'

"He used to see it as a sign of weakness. Now he's 'I can dig it. You're not as nice a person when you're overindulging."

Ronnie also said Keith has slowed down himself, after becoming more aware of his mortality since he was hospitalised in 2006 after falling out of a palm tree.

He added to Q magazine: "In his own way he has addressed the fact that at his time of life and especially after falling out of that tree, he can't hit things the same way he used to otherwise he will die. He knows that. We all do. Addiction is like being beaten over the head with a hammer. It's nice when it stops."

Keith quit heroin and cocaine at the end of the 70s but still drinks alcohol.

http://www.contactmu...andmate_1177952
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,629 posts
  • 25-November 02

You stealing that from Keef? he said that to Ronnie Woods when Ronnie went into rehab but seems he is changing his tune

Hahaha, I saw it fucking years ago printed on a t-shirt in a mall in PA if I recall. Was that dear old Keef? If so then it's even more true! :lol:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

Hahaha, I saw it fucking years ago printed on a t-shirt in a mall in PA if I recall. Was that dear old Keef? If so then it's even more true! :lol:

Keef is the fucking Yoda of rock.........

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,629 posts
  • 25-November 02

Short, unintelligible and a funny shade of green? :lol:

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • 25-January 08
Drugs will not help you get things done. Drugs and booze are what you do when you have already put a shift in and then you do whatever you like.

I have a young family and I'm about to work split shifts from 8am till 23.30pm for at least the next three days and most probably Monday and Tuesday as well. That is because I decided 3 years ago to go to Uni to get a degree in social housing. But i still need to work 40/50 hours a week just to provide.

I won't see my wife or kid for more than 6 hours in the next 3 days and I will probably be needing to sleep then anyway. This is absolutely fine with us as I've got a cracking job guaranteed at the end of it.

My point is, I will most probably drink a few beers to unwind at the end of every shift this next three days but it won't stop me getting showered and dressed to be in work at 8am the next day. And I will enjoy those beers, if I spent the day on guitar hero I would feel like shit drinking those beers.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,629 posts
  • 25-November 02

Drugs will not help you get things done. Drugs and booze are what you do when you have already put a shift in and then you do whatever you like.

I have a young family and I'm about to work split shifts from 8am till 23.30pm for at least the next three days and most probably Monday and Tuesday as well. That is because I decided 3 years ago to go to Uni to get a degree in social housing. But i still need to work 40/50 hours a week just to provide.

I won't see my wife or kid for more than 6 hours in the next 3 days and I will probably be needing to sleep then anyway. This is absolutely fine with us as I've got a cracking job guaranteed at the end of it.

My point is, I will most probably drink a few beers to unwind at the end of every shift this next three days but it won't stop me getting showered and dressed to be in work at 8am the next day. And I will enjoy those beers, if I spent the day on guitar hero I would feel like shit drinking those beers.

Best post in the thread right there! :thumbsup: I'm working 24 consecutive 10 hour days with only 2 days off starting on Monday and as far as I'm concerned anybody who tells me I can't have a few jars to wind down after can get fucked. :)

Edited by Dazey, 19 July 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Superfuzz

Superfuzz

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • 04-November 08

Holy shit, your life sounds depressing.

Posted Image

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • 25-January 08

It's called hard graft and i find that getting things done and seeing that it's making my family's future better is the exact opposite of depressing, for me anyway but each to his own.

It's called hard graft and i find that getting things done and seeing that it's making my family's future better is the exact opposite of depressing, for me anyway but im not sure what your background is.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

inthisriver

inthisriver

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • 12-May 06
yes.

In case anyone is confused, I have posted as Tbizzle, InThisRiver, and David_Bowie. Those accounts were merged when UK/HV took control of the forum, so my post count is correct.

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

Short, unintelligible and a funny shade of green? :lol:

Short, unintelligible and very wrinkled but occasionally comes up with words of wisdom

Best post in the thread right there! :thumbsup: I'm working 24 consecutive 10 hour days with only 2 days off starting on Monday and as far as I'm concerned anybody who tells me I can't have a few jars to wind down after can get fucked. :)

Everything in moderation.....but some times to excess is good for mental health......everyone needs a good night of getting fucked up now and then............it is when excess becomes the norm that it is a problem.............IMHO

Guest_Broskirose_*

Guest_Broskirose_*
  • Guests
  • --
classicrawker being old as usual i see

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,629 posts
  • 25-November 02

classicrawker being old as usual i see

Well if by "old" you mean "correct" then yes he is! :D

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,145 posts
  • 15-July 03

Sure, they might be fun or badass

Good for you for quiting. You won't regret it.
Taking drugs is never "badass" though. Anybody with a few extra dollars can take drugs. Dazey jumping out of a plane is badass. Shooting heroin isn't.

Coming home from work and seeing my wife's smile, aroma of the dinner she is cooking floating through the house, and my one year old literally shaking because of how happy he is to see me before he runs and jumps into my arms......that gives me 1,500 times more pleasure than any drug induced high!

Edited by Groghan, 20 July 2012 - 02:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users