Classic Rock: GUNS N’ ROSES FOCUSING ON WRITING NEW MATERIAL

SMG

the thing is it isnt just dj saying this, fortus said the same thing and he is hardly one to say anything

Oh so another hired hand has said something. It's a sure thing then.

This is GNR we are talking about here. Save yourself the heartache. Don't get your hopes up on anything that anyone says (including Axl). When it officially hits the shelves then you can get excited. Not a minute sooner.

I like how people use the term 'Hired Hands' as a form demeaning nuGNR members. :lol:

It's what they are. They haven't been given the opportunity to establish themselves in the band. It's not exactly their fault either, it's just how it is. They are basically touring musicians who have the same amount of worth/input as Pink's backing band for example.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why they have to do the next album. I felt like this year was the year to put out CD II really. In the afterglow without too much fuss.

But past this year they are getting too far away from 08 for it to make sense. Especially with new members who have been kicking ass live.

I could see them taking some of the songs and rerecording them.

the thing is it isnt just dj saying this, fortus said the same thing and he is hardly one to say anything

This is GNR we are talking about here. Save yourself the heartache. Don't get your hopes up on anything that anyone says (including Axl). When it officially hits the shelves then you can get excited. Not a minute sooner.

okay. i won't get my hopes up for CD 2 2012

Shitty advice. We'll know the release date beforehand.

I like how people use the term 'Hired Hands' as a form demeaning nuGNR members. :lol:

It's what they are. They haven't been given the opportunity to establish themselves in the band. It's not exactly their fault either, it's just how it is. They are basically touring musicians who have the same amount of worth/input as Pink's backing band for example.

It is what they are indeed. Still would love to have their jobs... :shrugs:

They're at the peak of their careers.

Anybody who thinks CDII is coming out in 2012 is a dreamer.

On average it usually takes a normal band 3-6 months to record an album and then another few months to sort out finer details etc. So, You're looking at around about at least a 6 month time frame for a normal band, whose egos aren't through the roof, obsessed with convoluted recording and producing practices. One argument could be, well the album is already recorded with parts from Finck, Brain and Bucket. That's true, now you have to have Axl obsess over fresh recordings from BBF, DJ and Frank. Also, I'm sure Axl will want it mixed by someone else, just for good measure.

If you really think this band is going to pull together and rush out an album in 2012, you're delusional. If anything does happen, Axl won't see a studio until 2013. He'll need to relax a bit after the current tour. If they were to do something, they'd regroup in the new year for a late 2013 release, if anything does come out at all.

I didn't know that Pink's backing band co-writes her music...

2 members in the current lineup (Stinson and Pitman) have writing credits. Involved in 2 songs each. Not exactly a great deal of involvement.

Anyway, SM playing on words again, who would have thought.

Anybody who thinks CDII is coming out in 2012 is a dreamer.

On average it usually takes a normal band 3-6 months to record an album and then another few months to sort out finer details etc. So, You're looking at around about at least a 6 month time frame for a normal band, whose egos aren't through the roof, obsessed with convoluted recording and producing practices. One argument could be, well the album is already recorded with parts from Finck, Brain and Bucket. That's true, now you have to have Axl obsess over fresh recordings from BBF, DJ and Frank. Also, I'm sure Axl will want it mixed by someone else, just for good measure.

If you really think this band is going to pull together and rush out an album in 2012, you're delusional. If anything does happen, Axl won't see a studio until 2013. He'll need to relax a bit after the current tour. If they were to do something, they'd regroup in the new year for a late 2013 release, if anything does come out at all.

Who said they expect it this year? Lol

2 members in the current lineup (Stinson and Pitman) have writing credits. Involved in 2 songs each. Not exactly a great deal of involvement.

Actually, it is four who has credits on the last released albums: Axl, Dizzy, Stinson and Pitman. The remaining members (except Dj) all added parts and hence must be considered at least studio musicians and not just backing/touring musicians. But why care about the last album when there's been so many lineup changes since then? ALL current members are claimed to help write the next, future album. This means that all current members of Guns N' Roses help to co-write the band's music.

So again, are you saying Pink's backing band helps to write her music?? Or were your comparison flawed?

As to your question, I think it is clear who isn't thinking...

Edited by SoulMonster

Actually, it is four who has credits on the last released albums: Axl, Dizzy, Stinson and Pitman. The remaining members (except Dj) all added parts and hence must be considered at least studio musicians and not just backing/touring musicians. But why care about the last album when there's been so many lineup changes since then? ALL current members are claimed to help write the next, future album. This means that all current members of Guns N' Roses help to co-write the band's music.

So again, are you saying Pink's backing band helps to write her music?? Or were your comparison flawed?

As to your question, I think it is clear who isn't thinking...

So now you're going to assert that Axl and Dizzy are part of the New crew? I'm talking about the new band members. Try to keep up will you.

I have no idea about Pink's musicians SM, it was a figure of speech. In the English language, this is a technique used to highlight a point. Until you can give me 100% proof endorsed by a supreme court judge that what I said is incorrect, then what I said stands.

Edited by Peter Shneck

I have no idea about Pink's musicians SM, it was a figure of speech.

Why would you use a figure of speech that only demonstrates the fact that you don't know that backing musicians on a tour and music-writing musicians are two different things? Was your point that you are ignorant? If so, well done!

Until you can give me 100% proof endorsed by a supreme court judge that what I said is incorrect, then what I said stands.

What you said will always stand as a testimony to your ignorance. It is beyond my powers to change that.

If you want it to be more than that, then you have to realize that the burden of proof lies with you to demonstrate that Pink's backing musicians actually co-writes her music, but if you succeed in doing so, your original point sort of becomes moot :)

I have no idea about Pink's musicians SM, it was a figure of speech.

Why would you use a figure of speech that only demonstrates the fact that you don't know that backing musicians on a tour and music-writing musicians are two different things? Was your point that you are ignorant? If so, well done!

Until you can give me 100% proof endorsed by a supreme court judge that what I said is incorrect, then what I said stands.

What you said will always stand as a testimony to your ignorance. It is beyond my powers to change that.

If you want it to be more than that, then you have to realize that the burden of proof lies with you to demonstrate that Pink's backing musicians actually co-writes her music, but if you succeed in doing so, your original point sort of becomes moot :)

It's really irrelevant SM. I'm not going to sit here playing your word games. What I said stands about GNR recording. That is all.

What I said stands about GNR recording. That is all.

I don't know what you said about "GNR recording", but I do know you claimed the "new" members in GNR are basically nothing but a backing band, which must mean that you are not aware some of them had writing credits on the last record, most of them added music to the last record, and that the rest weren't around during the recording of the last record, but that all of them are said to help create the next record, hence effectively making them anything but backing musicians. Unfortunately, this also adds more evidence to the case that you are not really informed on GN'R or decides to reject facts that contradict whatever bitter attack on Guns N' Roses you try to fumblingly piece together. All this taken into consideration, I bet whatever you said about "GNR recording" is probably also just a sloppy attempt at discrediting the band while disregarding facts.

What I said stands about GNR recording. That is all.

I don't know what you said about "GNR recording", but I do know you claimed the "new" members in GNR are basically nothing but a backing band, which must mean that you are not aware some of them had writing credits on the last record, most of them added music to the last record, and that the rest weren't around during the recording of the last record, but that all of them are said to help create the next record, hence effectively making them anything but backing musicians. Unfortunately, this also adds more evidence to the case that you are not really informed on GN'R or decides to reject facts that contradict whatever bitter attack on Guns N' Roses you try to fumblingly piece together. All this taken into consideration, I bet whatever you said about "GNR recording" is probably also just a sloppy attempt at discrediting the band while disregarding facts.

Yes, I said: "They are basically touring musicians". That is a direct quote. Note I said basically, which would mean the majority of the new band have done nothing significant but toured. It is a fact that the majority of the new band have not had significant contributions to GNR apart from touring.

Frank - Minor involvement on CD, touring drummer. No Writing credits.

Richard - Played on CD and toured. No Writing credits.

DJ - No involvement on CD, Touring guitarist. No Writing credits.

BBF - Minor involvement on CD, touring guitarist. No Writing credits.

Stinson - Played on CD, toured. Minor writing credits on CD.

Pitman - Played on CD, toured, Minor writing credits on CD.

As I said, they are all basically touring musicians. Some have bits and pieces here and there but overall have been there mainly to tour.

If you are going to try and pick me up on every little word I say, you should do a better job of it. Otherwise, it's going to be a long day of me re-posting exactly what I said.

Anyway, what other post of mine would you like me to write again, so you don't misquote me any further?

It's got to be pretty difficult to write music and bond with the band musically and get into that "zone" when you're worried about whether you're even going to have a job with this band much longer. They're probably worried about how they present the music, to what degree they should show Axl new ideas and suggestions, enough to show Axl how important they are for the band, but not so much that they overstep their bounds and piss him off. That's the scenario I imagine. I couldn't work like that. This band is going nowhere. There will still be this level of uncertainty in 5 years I'm sure, and as someone said earlier, this time around the record company will not put up with Axl's bullshit. Don't expect any officially released music in time for Christmas 2020, guys.

Job security? They've all been in the lineup for years, I think they've found a system that works.

"Yeah, we'll all be on the record. Maybe. Probably. Right, we'll definitely all probably be on the record. I think. I dunno. I wouldn't put money on that but probably. I think. Fuck, who knows?!"

That sounds real secure.

It's got to be pretty difficult to write music and bond with the band musically and get into that "zone" when you're worried about whether you're even going to have a job with this band much longer. They're probably worried about how they present the music, to what degree they should show Axl new ideas and suggestions, enough to show Axl how important they are for the band, but not so much that they overstep their bounds and piss him off. That's the scenario I imagine. I couldn't work like that. This band is going nowhere. There will still be this level of uncertainty in 5 years I'm sure, and as someone said earlier, this time around the record company will not put up with Axl's bullshit. Don't expect any officially released music in time for Christmas 2020, guys.

Job security? They've all been in the lineup for years, I think they've found a system that works.

"Yeah, we'll all be on the record. Maybe. Probably. Right, we'll definitely all probably be on the record. I think. I dunno. I wouldn't put money on that but probably. I think. Fuck, who knows?!"

That sounds real secure.

That's ironclad to the Axlbots.

What is this collaborative effort to bring the thread down? :rolleyes:

No news about new album = negativity

Band members talking about new album = negativity.

What is it with you guys? <_<

its got nothing to do with negativity

every time some news outlet reports plans for GNR to write and record the next album (this has been going on for the last 3 years give or take), it's always based off of very loose comments from either DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, or Tommy who very carefully remember to say "maybe" and "hopefully". This article is no different, and in a few months we'll probably get another one. Until it comes from Axl's mouth or any of these guys can say with certainty that they'll be recording new material for the next album don't expect anybody to buy it.

Edited by sweetness

What is this collaborative effort to bring the thread down? :rolleyes:

No news about new album = negativity

Band members talking about new album = negativity.

What is it with you guys? <_<

its got nothing to do with negativity

every time some news outlet reports plans for GNR to write and record the next album (this has been going on for the last 3 years give or take), it's always based off of very loose comments from either DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, or Tommy who very carefully remember to say "maybe" and "hopefully". This article is no different, and in a few months we'll probably get another one. Until it comes from Axl's mouth or any of these guys can say with certainty that they'll be recording new material for the next album don't expect anybody to buy it.

Well... it's very unlikely Axl will ever speak about it... :shrugs: