David Cross on when your friends start having kids

Randy Lahey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Why wouldn't you want kids? Of course there's negatives, everything on earth has negatives. What other opportunity will you ever have to play god and influence every aspect of a life though? I sincerely don't understand why someone wouldn't want that.

All joking aside, I get the guy's point. It can be annoying to hear someone go on and on about their kid because a lot of them tell pointless stories. I love my little cousins and I'd listen to stories about them all day long but that's because they're connected to me. When you start talking about someone else's kid it's boring unless it's a really funny story involving bad language or streaking - especially at inappropriate times emoticon-0130-devil.gif

I don't really get why people WOULDN'T wish to find someone they love, get married and have babies. I doubt people say becoming a mother/father is one of the best things to happen to them for no reason.

However, I also believe some people should NEVER be parents.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Why wouldn't you want kids? Of course there's negatives, everything on earth has negatives. What other opportunity will you ever have to play god and influence every aspect of a life though? I sincerely don't understand why someone wouldn't want that.

All joking aside, I get the guy's point. It can be annoying to hear someone go on and on about their kid because a lot of them tell pointless stories. I love my little cousins and I'd listen to stories about them all day long but that's because they're connected to me. When you start talking about someone else's kid it's boring unless it's a really funny story involving bad language or streaking - especially at inappropriate times emoticon-0130-devil.gif

I don't really get why people WOULDN'T wish to find someone they love, get married and have babies. I doubt people say becoming a mother/father is one of the best things to happen to them for no reason.

Proper turth.

Proper turth.

How many kids do you want?

Proper turth.

I'm with you guise

Proper turth.

As many as time and money allow.

Proper turth.

I'm with you guise

Thxhun.

Same JD. If I was rich and could have a nanny help me do the boring stuff I'd have a few kids. Not too many though because it's cruel not to have the time to spend with them. I would want to raise them myself but she could help me with the mundane stuff and maybe double up as a housekeeper so I can concerntrate on being their mother.

Realistically I'll be happy with two kids. I'd rather not have one kid and have them an only child.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Proper turth.

As many as time and money allow.

Proper turth.

I'm with you guise

Thxhun.

Agree with you there.

I don't know if it is because I have a daughter or anything but I did not laugh once. Then again, I've never laughed at a David Cross joke.

Kids are fucking horrible. I hate Wanda Sykes, but she makes a great point about her friends telling her how great it is to have kids, but they never look you in the eye when they say it.

"Yea you know...kids...they're a lot of trouble (looks down at shoes) but they're worth it"

I'm never having kids, fucking ever.

Famous last words. You'll father 2 kids and I can see Randy Lahey getting caught with at least 4.

I didn't have bad experiences, I just fucking hate kids. They're loud and annoying and require constant attention. I want to do what I want to do and I don't want some little shits that have no common sense running around and requiring discipline.

I didn't have bad experiences, I just fucking hate kids. They're loud and annoying and require constant attention. I want to do what I want to do and I don't want some little shits that have no common sense running around and requiring discipline.

Usually people who let their kids run around and not have common sense are doing a shit job at parenting.

I think a lot of people are having kids just for the tax write off.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon