David Cross on when your friends start having kids

Randy Lahey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire you for being true to yourself. Most people who "do what they want" end up having kids and still did what they want to do. You spare the world more of its misery.

Exactly, once you have a kid, it's about the kid. You can't get drunk 4-5 times a week like I do. I know that I don't need to be responsible for a life, and I wont be in turn. There's nothing worse to me than someone who has a baby they never spend time with.

Why is there still something of a taboo attatched to not wanting to have children? Especially considering how overwhelmed the planet is with people to begin with? :shrugs:

Exactly, once you have a kid, it's about the kid. You can't get drunk 4-5 times a week like I do. I know that I don't need to be responsible for a life, and I wont be in turn. There's nothing worse to me than someone who has a baby they never spend time with.

Or people who drag their kids to parties and concerts and innapropriate movies because they don't want to miss out on stuff just because their parents. Fuck you, seriously.

Edited by Angelica

I have more respect for people who don't want kids because they don't want to change their lifestyle than people who have kids and never change. It is like they have kids so they can have a tax write off or to show off their kid's "achievements" that they pass off as their achievements.

Notice how those crazy beauty contest moms are all fat?

I admire you for being true to yourself. Most people who "do what they want" end up having kids and still did what they want to do. You spare the world more of its misery.

There's a whole peer pressure thing that hits people in their late 20s-early 30s to having kids. Wind up with the wrong person, your ass could be in quicksand.

Guest Len B'stard

Kids get on my fuckin' nerves. The worst thing about it is i'm great with em but i can only manage like...15 mins then it's like, you know what, just fuck off :lol: They need so much fuckin' attention and looking after and i just don't see the positive benefit, i don't see whats achieved. Why do it, what do you actually get out of it? I mean unless you have some kinda fuckin' fetish for waking up in the middle of the night or smelling shit that didn't come out of your arse at close range i just do not see what people get out of it.

Especially kids nowadays, fuckin' annoying. They're so fuckin' stroppy and entitled and demanding. What happened to the days you could just stick em in front of the telly and they'd shut up? I love when they give you attitude, it's the funniest thing. It's like, if you walked between my legs someone might mistake you for my dick and there they are, arms crossed with a moody on :lol:

Also, i don't think i'm mature enough or have the faculty to raise kids well. For example, i like to smoke weed a fair bit, apparently thats unacceptable around children although i can't think why. I don't mean giving it to em, i'm talking about say me smoking a joint while they're playing in the garden, myself i don't see whats wrong with that but apparently there is something. And smoking too, like smoking fags "don't smoke in front of the kids!" it's like...why?!?! What are you trying to do, shelter them from the knowledge of the existence of cigarettes, what do you blindfold em when they walk out in the street case they see someone smoking, it's ridiculous.

And you can't swear in front of them, fuckin' hell, i don't see what the big deal is, my old man swore in front of me when i was a kid. Fuck that, he swore AT me when i was a kid...frequently! Didn't do me no fuckin' harm.

And this notion where like, kids set the ground rules of the house these days, like you'll be watching the football or something and apparently this is perfectly normal, for a little 7 yr old to come change the channel and start watching their fuckin' cartoons, well i weren't fuckin' raised like that, i was raised to respect adults, i was raised that when Dad was watching the football or the boxing not only did you not change the channel you didn't make a fuckin' sound in that room.

And you can't fuckin' just sit down normally and watch the stuff on the telly that you like. Like for instance, only yesterday i was watching The Mary Whitehouse Expierience and little niece comes and sits down next to me and starts watching it with me and her old man walks in and he's like "can you not watch stuff like that in front of the kids?"...and this is a man whoose first memory of a movie that he ever saw was watching First Blood at six years of age :lol: This is the man who used to sit me down when i was 8 in front of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies where he drilled entire armys to go save his daughter and it's like, OK, times have REALLY changed.

And you can't give a kid a slap round the head, that to me is like...OK, so then how do you deal with em? If you don't have that clout round the earhole trump card, how do you deal with em? it's like "do your homework!" "no, fuck you" "alright young man, go to your room, your grounded!" "so, don't give a fuck, still ain't doing my homework, what you gonna do about it?" :lol:

The kids are fuckin' in charge..

Didn't do me no fuckin' harm.

Kids get on my fuckin' nerves. The worst thing about it is i'm great with em but i can only manage like...15 mins then it's like, you know what, just fuck off :lol: They need so much fuckin' attention and looking after and i just don't see the positive benefit, i don't see whats achieved. Why do it, what do you actually get out of it? I mean unless you have some kinda fuckin' fetish for waking up in the middle of the night or smelling shit that didn't come out of your arse at close range i just do not see what people get out of it.

Especially kids nowadays, fuckin' annoying. They're so fuckin' stroppy and entitled and demanding. What happened to the days you could just stick em in front of the telly and they'd shut up? I love when they give you attitude, it's the funniest thing. It's like, if you walked between my legs someone might mistake you for my dick and there they are, arms crossed with a moody on :lol:

And you can't swear in front of them, fuckin' hell, i don't see what the big deal is, my old man swore in front of me when i was a kid. Fuck that, he swore AT me when i was a kid...frequently!

And this notion where like, kids set the ground rules of the house these days, like you'll be watching the football or something and apparently this is perfectly normal, for a little 7 yr old to come change the channel and start watching their fuckin' cartoons, well i weren't fuckin' raised like that, i was raised to respect adults, i was raised that when Dad was watching the football or the boxing not only did you not change the channel you didn't make a fuckin' sound in that room.

And you can't fuckin' just sit down normally and watch the stuff on the telly that you like. Like for instance, only yesterday i was watching The Mary Whitehouse Expierience and little niece comes and sits down next to me and starts watching it with me and her old man walks in and he's like "can you not watch stuff like that in front of the kids?"...and this is a man whoose first memory of a movie that he ever saw was watching First Blood at six years of age :lol: This is the man who used to sit me down when i was 8 in front of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies where he drilled entire armys to go save his daughter and it's like, OK, times have REALLY changed.

And you can't give a kid a slap round the head, that to me is like...OK, so then how do you deal with em? If you don't have that clout round the earhole trump card, how do you deal with em? it's like "do your homework!" "no, fuck you" "alright young man, go to your room, your grounded!" "so, don't give a fuck, still ain't doing my homework, what you gonna do about it?" :lol:

The kids are fuckin' in charge..

:lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Yeeeahhh but :lol: Those are words in the English dictionary right so by virtue of being someone born on English soil thats my fuckin' heritage right and i reserve the God given right to express myself as i fuckin' well like, i don't see that as a negative, that i say the word fuck one or two times more than the average :lol:

Also, three of them fucks don't count cuz they're written in character as the lairy kid givin' it to his dad...so there! :lol:

Yeeeahhh but :lol: Those are words in the English dictionary right so by virtue of being someone born on English soil thats my fuckin' heritage right and i reserve the God given right to express myself as i fuckin' well like, i don't see that as a negative, that i say the word fuck one or two times more than the average :lol:

Also, three of them fucks don't count cuz they're written in character as the lairy kid givin' it to his dad...so there! :lol:

Shut up you cunt! :lol:

Can you fucking Pommy cunts shut the fuck up some of us are trying to fucking sleep you fucking cum dumpster felching whores.

Well get back in your shipping container below decks and you won't be able to get a fuckin' signal to distract you. ;)

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Can you fucking Pommy cunts shut the fuck up some of us are trying to fucking sleep you fucking cum dumpster felching whores.

Oh look, it's the Kangeroo Club, alright mate, hows life in the worlds biggest open nick? :lol:

Oh look, it's the Kangeroo Club, alright mate, hows life in the worlds biggest open nick? :lol:

Brixton? :o

Guest Len B'stard

Brixton? :o

Have you been round Brixton lately? Thats a fuckin' second Chelsea in the making, just you wait and see.

Have you been round Brixton lately? Thats a fuckin' second Chelsea in the making, just you wait and see.

Never been once in my life but I've given Hackney enough shit and I was looking for a change. :lol: The first place that popped into my head for some reason was Romford cos it proper sounds rank but a quick google says it's pretty nice so Brixton it was! I'm never taking the word of Chelmsford 123 as gospel again! <_<

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

You giving me lip, Paki?

I certainly am you 5-to-a-bed sleeping border jumper from the former Ceylon, now behave yourself before i rig your every cricket match for the foreeable future :lol:

Yeah, I'm kind of the same way. I figure I don't mind getting married, and we'll have two dogs. Dogs are:

1. softer

2. cuter

3. cuddlier

4. more obedient

5. less obnoxious

6. quieter

7. don't talk back

8. cheaper

9. sleep 15 hours a day

10. love you and don't want you dead if you don't buy them a phone or car

etc.

The only thing a kid is better at is growing up and taking care of you in your old age. Unless you have an ungrateful one that is, who mooches off you until the age of 35.

Actually, I don't hate kids. But I don't have a ton of patience, so I'm not the best parent material. The odd time I'm around a kid that behaves (like 1 in a million), I don't mind them.

One thing I noticed recently, on the train. An Indian family was sitting there, must've had three or four kids with them. They were all quiet and respectful. Is this something to do with the Indian culture? If my kids acted that way I wouldn't mind having some. But whenever some white family gets on the train you can almost guarantee the parents won't be in control and the kids f'n annoying as hell.

Edited by KBear

Odd world we live in where people dislike children so much.

Some people take a stand and fight to the death to defend a woman's right to abort her child.....but would put that same woman in jail if she brings the child to a movie or restaurant.

If the movie theatre or restaurant allows parents to bring children to their establishment, then your issue should be with the business owners. I guess I'm in the minority on this forum because I appreciate businesses and people who are family friendly.

When I saw the new Batman a couple brought their baby and it slept through the entire movie. But the teens in front of me texted through the entire movie. The lady behind me tapped her foot against the back of my chair for two hours, and the drunk guys beside me not only reaked, but talked through the entire show.

If I want peace and quiet with no distractions, then I rent a movie or I have friends come over for dinner. When I pay $10 to go to a movie theatre, I go knowing there will be hundreds of strangers there, and there will be distractions. That small ten dollar bill buys me the right to see a movie, it doesn't assure that all 150 there have to live up to my expectations.

To each his own though. But I feel like we need more love and tolerance in the world, and not so much anger towards people who are different from us.

Edited by Groghan