Bumblefoot's Tweet: "Drained of passion & desire, way too many nails in the coffin on this tour."

Tyler Drama

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron should just leave, he's delaying the inevitable.

The tour is almost over, he's the kind of guy that will fulfill a commitment.

Besides, he probably doesn't want to give Axl anything to sue him over.

I'm not saying he should leave with dates still on the calender. When the tour raps up he should leave. Being in GNR is not something that brings him happiness, whether it's because his injuries or dealing with Axl.

He has so much potential that he could be better using for himself, teaching, producing, and so on. That goes without saying, the health condition he hasn't been able to treat properly due to tour commitments which aren't even made known to him until they're already committed. Before the "hired hand" argument starts, even a backing musician supporting a popular music icon would be kept properly informed of when their services are required.

I like Ron, but fuck man..I'll never understand why he always brings this shit up on line..There's a time and place for it, and it shouldn't go all over the Internet..

Indeed, it's sort of pathetic. It seems like he is either challenging Axl to fire him, or like he's setting up the scene for leaving the band after the tour, or just needs to get some pathetic whining off his chest.

I do have mixed feelings about how he has gone about this whole thing. No one is forcing him to tour. Don't like 6 month tours? Don't do it. Of course the nice paycheck disappears with that choice too.

He has so much potential that he could be better using for himself, teaching, producing, and so on. That goes without saying, the health condition he hasn't been able to treat properly due to tour commitments which aren't even made known to him until they're already committed. Before the "hired hand" argument starts, even a backing musician supporting a popular music icon would be kept properly informed of when their services are required.

This.

I like Ron, but fuck man..I'll never understand why he always brings this shit up on line..There's a time and place for it, and it shouldn't go all over the Internet..

Indeed, it's sort of pathetic. It seems like he is either challenging Axl to fire him, or like he's setting up the scene for leaving the band after the tour, or just needs to get some pathetic whining off his chest.

I do have mixed feelings about how he has gone about this whole thing. No one is forcing him to tour. Don't like 6 month tours? Don't do it. Of course the nice paycheck disappears with that choice too.

Yes, when you take a job you got to do it well, even if you did a mistake by taking the job. It's the professional thing. You don't complain and whine, especially not officially to your "customers".

Yes, when you take a job you got to do it well, even if you did a mistake by taking the job. It's the professional thing. You don't complain and whine, especially not officially to your "customers".

But what is your opinion, when the members of the band aren't even kept properly informed of their schedules? He hasn't even had time to get himself treat properly, and I'm not sure its as easy as Ron saying "Sorry, can't do it, I'm going to pull out", when venues have been booked, promoter is on board etc? I could be wrong here, but that's what I imagine.

That aside, his twitter account isn't a press forum, that is his own account and he can say whatever he wants. If it was a official piece of news on his website that would be a different story, but that is a place where he always shares a private part of his activities, talking about his movie nights, photos of places he visits etc.

Edited by ben

But what is your opinion, when the members of the band aren't even kept properly informed of their schedules? He hasn't even had time to get himself treat properly, and I'm not sure its as easy as Ron saying "Sorry, can't do it, I'm going to pull out", when venues have been booked, promoter is on board etc? I could be wrong here, but that's what I imagine.

He's been in GN'R since 2006. He should know by now how the band operates and have had plenty of opportunities to leave gracefully.

That aside, his twitter account isn't a press forum, that is his own account and he can say whatever he wants. If it was a official piece of news on his website that would be a different story, but that is a place where he always shares a private part of his activities, talking about his movie nights, photos of places he visits etc.

It doesn't matter. Twitter is a public arena of communication and anything negative he says there about his band can be construed as disloyal and unprofessional.

Nothing he said was specifically directed at the band though, he was talking about "the tour" from his own perspective and "the tour" is very non-specific. People who know Bumblefoot or even know that he has played in GNR would not immediately know what tour he is referring to.

About the other point, yes there may have very well been opportunities for him to leave beforehand, but the car accident was only last year and since then for the most part they have been touring and he hasn't had a chance to be properly treated. He has also spoken frankly about how this situation has had a negative impact on his character.

In any case, I don't claim to know anything about him, nor am I intentionally defending him, I have no reason to. It is just my opinion from what I have observed.

Edited by ben

I'm sure all of the band are thinking the same thing but just don't have the balls to say it. DJ Lapdog Ashba wouldn't want to upset his owner. All he ever does is publicly sniff his masters ass in interviews and on Twitter.

It's time for the touring to end once and for all and get back in the studio. It's getting tedious for the fans, tiring for the band and just makes Guns look like a washed up Vegas-style nostalgia act with nothing new to offer. New album or piss off.

Edited by Towelie

Getting out a new album wouldn't big such a big issue if not for the fact that there is pretty much no original material from Bumble or DJ at a GNR show. It must be awful for a musician to have to play nothing but others music to probably the biggest audience they are ever going to get.

God forbid a musician wants to write music and make new albulms, never knew this was supposed to happen. I'ts time now to write new music or piss off, If Axl has no desire to do that, then fuck leave him, let him chill with his yes men and pussy cats if he wants, he will still be the best rock frontman in the last 25 years, just stop touring this endless stuff, it's boring now.

Getting out a new album wouldn't big such a big issue if not for the fact that there is pretty much no original material from Bumble or DJ at a GNR show. It must be awful for a musician to have to play nothing but others music to probably the biggest audience they are ever going to get.

Yeah, you're basically doing what you would do in a bar band, but in an arena. Must be weird for him.

God forbid a musician wants to write music and make new albulms, never knew this was supposed to happen. I'ts time now to write new music or piss off, If Axl has no desire to do that, then fuck leave him, let him chill with his yes men and pussy cats if he wants, he will still be the best rock frontman in the last 25 years, just stop touring this endless stuff, it's boring now.

Very well said. If Axl doesn't go into the studio after this tour, Ron should leave.

And whose fault is that??

It could be easily rectified.

And whose fault is that??

It could be easily rectified.

Beta's fault?

Sorry, couldn't help the Rio '11 reference lol.

Nothing he said was specifically directed at the band though, he was talking about "the tour" from his own perspective and "the tour" is very non-specific. People who know Bumblefoot or even know that he has played in GNR would not immediately know what tour he is referring to.

People following Bumblefoot know he is touring with GN'R now...

About the other point, yes there may have very well been opportunities for him to leave beforehand, but the car accident was only last year and since then for the most part they have been touring and he hasn't had a chance to be properly treated. He has also spoken frankly about how this situation has had a negative impact on his character.

He probably could have left before or after the UCAP tour. It was his decision to continue.

I think after this leg of the tour, no one's going to be surprised if he resigns from GN'R. It seems like they made a lot of accommodations for him. He has his wife there, and even though she prob. enjoys the sightseeing part of it, you also have to remember she's prob. helping him get out of bed if he's in chronic pain, and prob. miserable to be around sometimes. The physical therapist - maybe it's for Axl and Ron gets looked at, no one really knows anything except that they have one on the road, but I'm sure it helps to a point. But this is like sending a guy with an ACL tear in to play football week after week. If he couldn't walk, she'd prob be wheelchairing him out. He knows he made his commitment to the band, and he's fulfilling that commitment. I think they gave him a slot to do one of his songs just to shut him up.

He's made friends with the band, he's a part in getting Chinese Democracy done and bringing it on the road. He got to play some huge gigs, shows he'd never play on his own, but being in his 40s, trying to have the energy of a teenager night after night, is a tall order for him now.

We'll see what happens with the last show. I think he should make the announcement at the show if it is his last gig with them, and just let Axl say what he wants to say about it at the show.