Hi Marc, whats your opinion on Mick Walls autobiography on Axl...

Olorin

Hi Marc, whats your opinion on Mick Walls autobiography on Axl...

is it accurate? What about the other unofficial books released on GNR, do you feel the band members and their trials and tribulations are accurately and fairly described in these publications?

Did you know Mick Wall, does he merit his place in GNR folklore, and is he rightlyfully or wrongfully regarded by the popular music media as the voice of authority regarding the history (and future) of Guns N' Roses?

Thanks for your time man, this is awesome what your doing for the fans!

Reckless Road is the shiznit :devilshades:

Edited by Olorin

I just reread this recently and found several inaccuracies, some of which are pretty obvious.

Every Rock book I have ever read, and I have read a lot of them, had inaccuracies including musicians own autobiographies so that is not surprising............

There are a lot of problems with that book and too much speculation. Also lots of stories that are bits and pieces from different times put together as if it were one story. The rule is don't write a book about someone if you don't know the facts.

• 5 months later...

I'm reading this book and it is boring/annoying read. Not sure if I'm going to finish it tbh. I really enjoyed reading Slash's book and hope to read Duff's next. Also just picked up Reckless Road and will keep that on my coffee table indefinitely.

I'm reading this book and it is boring/annoying read. Not sure if I'm going to finish it tbh. I really enjoyed reading Slash's book and hope to read Duff's next. Also just picked up Reckless Road and will keep that on my coffee table indefinitely.

Duff's book was really good, I couldn't put it down and I'm not a strong reader

I've had Duff's book for over twelve months and haven't read it yet. I've been too busy and I'm not a great reader also. I struggle to read more than a few pages so a whole book takes me forever !! I don't know how on earth I made it through my university degree and ended up the dux of the course...

I have read Reckless Road, Steven's book, Slash's book and they are all a great read. I love losing myself in them and imagining what it was like to be around L.A all those years ago. :)

Slash's book was great, Duff's the same. Couldn't put them down. I feel terrible... I have not yet purchased Reckless Road. It is for sure the top on my list though, since it is accurate and has pictures which I think are neat.

I've had Duff's book for over twelve months and haven't read it yet. I've been too busy and I'm not a great reader also. I struggle to read more than a few pages so a whole book takes me forever !! I don't know how on earth I made it through my university degree and ended up the dux of the course...

I have read Reckless Road, Steven's book, Slash's book and they are all a great read. I love losing myself in them and imagining what it was like to be around L.A all those years ago. :)

How was Steven's book? Interesting? Good stories about GNR?