Any video of recording sessions?

dalsh327

• 2 years later...

As smart as I was to do the things that I did, I was not smart enough to get that. However I did get some footage of them putting together Sweet Child.

Sorry for the bump, but is there any chance we get to see that footage? If not possible, could you at least upload some frames with a big watermark on them?

It's just so frustrating to learn of the existence of things that we can't finally see.

I do think a lot of that stuff should be out for the people to enjoy. It would just take someone that I would be able to work with on making sure that the band looks and sounds good in the segments we use and that they have the money to pay the band for the music. 2 years ago I was working with some people that wanted to do it but they wanted to have full control over what they use and I can't allow that. I told them if there is something that looks good but the sound is bad or if there is something that sounds good but they look bad it can still be used if they use only the sound or only the video and roll something else over the bad half. Sorry but Its my job to protect some of that and make sure it will get used in a way that protects the band.

Right now there are a few different things going on that might get made using my stuff, we will have to wait and see if it works out.

• Like 4

Yes, I have everything that I recorded.

So, I think we all know it will be impossible to see the recorded pro-shots Axl have in his vault but, would you say that there's a chance - even if it's very slim - that, one day, you will be releasing that footage for the millions fans to enjoy?

Yes, I have everything that I recorded.

So, I think we all know it will be impossible to see the recorded pro-shots Axl have in his vault but, would you say that there's a chance - even if it's very slim - that, one day, you will be releasing that footage for the millions fans to enjoy?

It was recorded on PRO VHS and some 8mm I do have it converted to digital

I'm confused, from what I've read here, I understand that you're not linked to the band anymore (you haven't talked to Axl since 2007) but you do still have unreleased and official proshots on your possesion.

I assume you have the "masters" of those videotapes but, do you have publishing rights?

Does Axl have copies of what you have?

Edited by uruguns

Marc, what do you need for someone to work on it with you?

I would love to work with the record Co on a AFD box set that would include some tracks that are good form 1985 or 1986 and maybe some cool video clips too. The only other person I would trust fully to work with would be Del on a project. So far everyone one else that I have talk to about it is only in it for the money not the art.

It was recorded on PRO VHS and some 8mm I do have it converted to digital

I'm confused, from what I've read here, I understand that you're not linked to the band anymore (you haven't talked to Axl since 2007) but you do still have unreleased and official proshots on your possesion.

I assume you have the "masters" of those videotapes but, do you have publishing rights?

Does Axl have copies of what you have?

The only pro shots I have are the same ones you guys have the few that got out as bootlegs and I don't own any righs to those.

Axl does have copies of the 1986 videos that I shot. I always made him a copy and I know back in 1994 he still had them laying around at his house. I do have some rights to them but so does the band. I think that if they were to come out the band would still make money off of them because they are on them but I own the tapes and was given permission to shoot and document them. So I guess we are sort of partners if they ever get made into something. Them getting most of the money for the songs that are on them. Who ever puts it out would have to pay a little something to me because I own the tapes. So it would take someone that would have to have access to a lot of money to get that done and there is a risk that they don't even recover all the money that was put out to produce the project. The right people and time will come someday and you guys will be happy.

AS you know some of them are out as bootlegs so you guys have the gist of what the band looked like and sounded. Also you guys have the Ritz 1988 which is that AFD line up close to their peek.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Marc,

Is there a way we can chat privately? email perhaps? If you have rights to use the footage, I would be thrilled to work on such a project as an editor. Creative control and quality control would be your decision. I've worked in broadcast media for 10 years. I would even do a few clips for free, so you get an idea of my work.

Not mine I was set to be interviewed but then got a call from del because he saw my name on the list of people that were going to be interviewed. He said that I shouldn't do it. I said that there is nothing that I could say that would be bad for the band. He said that Axl would be up set if I helped them. So I backed off but didn't agree with it. I knew that vh1 would fuck it all up and that Axl was going to get fucked. I knew that I could have counter acted it and defended axl