Annoying Fans who are the worst?

Jungle Joe

Annoying Fans who are the worst?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

This is really tough. If I wasn't a big Axl fan I'd pick that option. The lengths we go to defend him sometimes are crazy.

I think the Bumblefoot fans are the most unreasonable. Quite a few times I've been jumped on for saying stuff that wasn't even negative. :nervous:

One particular Finck fan...

They wouldn't happen to have a 6 in their name would they? That would be the sole reason I wish that I could change my vote to other.

This is really tough. If I wasn't a big Axl fan I'd pick that option. The lengths we go to defend him sometimes are crazy.

I think the Bumblefoot fans are the most unreasonable. Quite a few times I've been jumped on for saying stuff that wasn't even negative. :nervous:

Wasn't me. You're one of the most sensible posters here imo.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

There are two types of fans I hate:

1- Slash fans who THINK they aren't biased but in fact they are A LOT (you see that a LOT around here) :fuckyou:

2- Axl fans who can't see a single flaw in their idol. You can't even say his kitchen looks messy LOL :rolleyes:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Wasn't me. You're one of the most sensible posters here imo.

Thanks!

That is strange because I always thought BBF fans are quite smart and rational people aren't they? :question: People like Bruno Poeys, The Glow Inc, Broskirose etc.

I think I've been unlucky. I just find people are really quick to defend him even though nothing bad is being said. I think the same goes for every fan base to be honest. It was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread.

Anyone who blindly follows and defends a person as if they are a God is someone I have a hard time getting along with. It appears to be a common occurrence around here that just because one is a fan of someone's musicianship that they are without flaws or reproach. This applies to people who side with Slash, Axl, Bumblefoot, Finck, Ashba. But it also applies to people who take the negative perspective. The worst crime is to apply one's judgement of an idol's musical ability and apply it to their personality (or vice versa).

Everything is so black and white around here it's mind-boggling. Like most things in life, extremism leads to myopic and simple attitudes. Plus it's just downright boring and predictable. Just as we're apathetic towards our politicians for conversing in a similar manner, it sucks that those who hold Slash or in Axl in high regard can't say something nice about the other person. People seem to want to fit everything into a nicely fit package to make things easier for them to operate. But life doesn't work like that.

I'll give you my own example: Axl's voice and songwriting abilities are the primary reasons why I became a GNR fan. I think the guy is one of the greatest frontman of his day and deserves a lot of credit for his talent and persistence to attain whatever vision he has. Furthermore, having spent a night partying with the guy, I can attest on a personal level he's as nice guy who isn't like many portray him. But that doesn't mean I don't have issues with how he treats his fans, his sense of self-entitlement, and his unapologetic attitude towards anything that deals with his own responsibilities. He was considerate of me as an individual person who he was sharing a few drinks with (okay, well, maybe more than just a few :) ), but his consideration of his fans as a whole is sincerely lacking. He's a complicated character and my relationship with him as a fan is fickle. But this allows me to see both sides of the coin that others choose to ignore.

I have similar "fan relationships" with other characters from GNR. Slash is a talented guitar player responsible for some of the most iconic riffs and solos in rock n' roll, but I find it hard to support his solo career since he has no drive to push his sound forward. Moreover, as much as I'm sure dealing with Axl in the early 90s was unbearable, he could have done more to fight for Guns N' Roses rather than laying back and being steamrolled. It's rather contradictory for the guy to give Axl a hard time for using the GNR name when he didn't do much to protect it when he was in the band, did little to actually confront Axl with his issues as a man, and then feels the need to toss verbal bombs at Axl once he leaves the band. There's enough fault on both sides to acknowledge that no one is completely innocent.

The point I'm trying to make with these examples is that it's possible to be both critical and supportive of our musical heros. They're complicated individuals who have complicated relationships with their fans. Why the continual need to focus on certain aspects while blind oneself to the other issues is moronic and juvenile.

So if you consider yourself a "Axlite," a "Slashite," or someone who supports or detests Finck, Bumble, DJ, or anyone else involved in GNR, you're just as guilty as those you rile against. Conversations would be so much better around here if people would stop talking past themselves. Debates are suppose to be fun and informative, not pointless conversations based on regurgitation and inflammatory hyperbole. I often find myself at odds with Ali and MSL, but I do enjoy our conversations. People who start threads or derail others just to make the point of why someone (ie. Axl, DJ, Slash) is the worst do no service to this fan community.

Cheers,

Andrew