Is autism a fabricated disorder?

arnold layne

I've noticed on this forum that many members are calling others 'autistic' almost as an insult or to belittle others. But is autism an actual disorder or is it a fallacy made up by doctors and the drug industry? Looking at the symptoms, not only do I qualify as autistic but so does half of the nation. It's called an introverted personality.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed on this forum that many members are calling others 'autistic' almost as an insult or to belittle others. But is autism an actual disorder or is it a fallacy made up by doctors and the drug industry? Looking at the symptoms, not only do I qualify as autistic but so does half of the nation. It's called an introverted personality.

I'd somewhat agree if you were talking bout aspergers, but autism is an actual disorder, Downy McAutist.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

ADHD and Aspergers don't exist.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. I'm not surprised it was posted by you.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. I'm not surprised it was posted by you.

Fair enough.

Obviously they exist in their scientific definitions, but it's just disgusting how every hyper/antisocial kid today is diagnosed with them and put on medication that turns them into zombies.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Of course it exists. That it's over diagnosed doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

Really? It's not even in my top 50 dumbest things said on MyGNR.

Keep in mind that I've probably read a couple of hundred thousand posts on here during my years on here. Even if it was just top fifty or even top one hundred, don't you think that would be quite high on that list if it would be the top 100 of say 200 000 posts?

In no fucking way whatsoever are autism or other spectrum disorders fabricated disordesr. Anyone who thinks that has absolutely no known experience being around someone with autism if they think it's fake.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

autisim is very real, ADHD on the hand i think is a load of shit

What exactly defines Aspergers? Not Autism, but Aspergers? I know Aspergers is a form of Autism, but how do you tell the difference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

This doesn't really answer anything, all this does is show me little traits of Autism. I'm asking how a doctor could possibly diagnose Aspergers instead of full blown Autism.

People with AS may not be as withdrawn around others as those with other, more debilitating, forms of autism; they approach others, even if awkwardly. For example, a person with AS may engage in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic, while misunderstanding or not recognizing the listener's feelings or reactions, such as a need for privacy or haste to leave.

I mean really wtf is this, this could just be an awkward person, does that make them have aspergers??

Jesus, anyone could be diagnosed with something.

Edited by Forsaken

As lame a response as this is, you kinda know it when you see it. It's certainly different than a plain awkward person, and if you've known enough people with Aspergers, you can easily tell the difference. I'm not up to par on the science behind it, though.

Listen to R D Laing in addition to Arnold Layne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWusbsj6oA8

Autism does.

This.