Drinking Habits, Preferred Pubs/Bars and Stories of Drunken Idiocy!

Dazey

Haha, that sounds very British to be honest. I was talking about the little dingy dives you go to where it's just a bunch of stools with the regulars sitting around setting the world to rights and knocking back the whiskys. To be honest that's something I really liked about the US cos I could just wander into any bar on my own and get chatting to some of the old barflys, it was great! :D To me the ideal boozer has to have a bit of spit and sawdust about it, y' know like so it looks lived in and a bit rough around the edges? I fucking hate poncy chain pubs and bars where they're all spotless like an office with a liquor licence. No character is a total dealbreaker for me.

Also I'm glad I'm not religious for many reasons but right at the top of the list has to be not having to get up on a fuckin' Sunday morning. I mean that's just inhuman! <_<

I keep drinking to weekends and if I drink on a week day it's only a beer with my dinner.

When you hit 21 how do you think your habits will change?

Edited by Dazey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard
To be honest that's something I really liked about the US cos I could just wander into any bar on my own and get chatting to some of the old barflys, it was great!

I'm suprised they could understand a word of your gutteral northern excuse for a dialect :lol:

To be honest that's something I really liked about the US cos I could just wander into any bar on my own and get chatting to some of the old barflys, it was great!

I'm suprised they could understand a word of your gutteral northern excuse for a dialect :lol:

Met this dude in some dive on Hollywood Blvd last year reading his poetry to people and getting shitfaced. Must have spent about 12 hours propping up the bar in that place that day. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXrDLFobG48

Also a black dude gave me Popeyes!

IMG_0774.jpg

and then we just got baked! :lol:

IMG_0779.jpg

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard
Met this dude in some dive on Hollywood Blvd last year reading his poetry to people and getting shitfaced. Must have spent about 12 hours propping up the bar in that place that day

How fuckin cool is that? :) What was the poetry like...or were you too pratted to remember? :lol:

Met this dude in some dive on Hollywood Blvd last year reading his poetry to people and getting shitfaced. Must have spent about 12 hours propping up the bar in that place that day

How fuckin cool is that? :) What was the poetry like...or were you too pratted to remember? :lol:

He's reciting one in that youtube clip a couple of posts back. :)

16 year old me + 6 pack of beer and full bottle of neat vodka = me waking up 12 hours later with no idea what the fuck happened, blood all over one of my hands and my phone, other hand is broken and when I finally managed to get up and look into the mirror one of my eyes was swollen shut and bruised black.

Apparently I drunkenly smashed the bottle of vodka a bit too close to me and bit of glass caught me on the hand, as I was so drunk my blood was quite thin so ended up covered in the stuff. Jumped off a 7ft wall and messed up the landing and hit my hand on concrete and broke it, while my friends were waiting for taxi to get me home I ended up heatbutting a wall a few times, hit my head on the car door when I got it and finally when I got home I passed out and hit my head/ eye on the toilet bowl.

Needless to say, after that night I do not drink anywhere near as much and am much more sensible.

Dazey, are you the guy in the baseball cap?

Haha, no I'm the one on the right in a very unflattering picture when my hair was far too short. <_<

16 year old me + 6 pack of beer and full bottle of neat vodka = me waking up 12 hours later with no idea what the fuck happened, blood all over one of my hands and my phone, other hand is broken and when I finally managed to get up and look into the mirror one of my eyes was swollen shut and bruised black.

Apparently I drunkenly smashed the bottle of vodka a bit too close to me and bit of glass caught me on the hand, as I was so drunk my blood was quite thin so ended up covered in the stuff. Jumped off a 7ft wall and messed up the landing and hit my hand on concrete and broke it, while my friends were waiting for taxi to get me home I ended up heatbutting a wall a few times, hit my head on the car door when I got it and finally when I got home I passed out and hit my head/ eye on the toilet bowl.

Needless to say, after that night I do not drink anywhere near as much and am much more sensible.

Now we're getting somewhere! That's what I'm wanting to hear! Next! :D

Last decent drunken story I have. The ol' lady was working tonight, so I had plopped down on my couch with a six pack and a couple of 32s which I thought was plenty. As the night goes on I start watching Big Trouble in Little China, consumed the haul a little too quickly and soon I was feeling social. So I start walking the mile and a half to the nearest bar. I get right into the parking lot and realize that I don't have my ID, so I walk back. Repeat that fucking process (in sandals) and I finally get to the bar.

As the devils of marketing would have it, the first thing that catches my eye is an open slot machine. In that open slot machine is ~$40 in credits. Nobody around is paying attention and my drunken judgement quickly declares that is mine. So I figured I'll just settle on cashing that out and head to the local market for another haul before anyone questions the legitimacy of my claim. As I'm wondering around the market I decide what I've just done is a rather shitty thing to do, and no matter how fucking trashed you are it's pretty hard to forget $40 in a slot machine. So I gather myself and summon up the courage to admit to some drunk that I'm the thief that stole his winnings.

Tell the bartender what I did, and he look at me a like an idiot. He introduces me to the owner of the ticket, he's some old shit who thinks it's really awesome the new generation hasn't gone to complete shit and buys me a beer with the winnings. So I figure the debts settled and I'm up one beer, getting my buzz back. Order another drink and head over to the jukebox/pool tables to chat up some others.

I like to get the atmosphere going, so I superseded the shitty rap that was queued up on the jukebox by paying double credits to get my tunes going. I get some glares as the people who'd paid to hear that rap realize what I've done, but that's business, bitches. And quickly a group of construction'esque good ole boys realize what I've done also, and take favor. They feed me some small bills throughout the evening to keep the good tunes rolling. With my typical music budget subsidized I start racking up the drinks. Finally I play American Pie by Don McLean and they scoff at my judgement and cut my subsidization off and later leave.

By this time I'm getting pretty drunk, and this nice couple realize I shouldn't be driving so they offer me a ride home. I realize how nice they are and thank them graciously. They're a mixed race couple and I keep blathering on how cool I think it is and how anyone who thinks otherwise is a racist, and intermittently feeding them directions to my apartment. We finally make it there and I stumble up the steps to pass out on my bed.

Edited by AbominableHoman

I keep drinking to weekends and if I drink on a week day it's only a beer with my dinner.

Not too much.

I'm deathly afraid of building a tolerance so I will probably try to keep it as low as possible. I'm afraid that if I drink too much alcohol won't affect me. It's weird I know.

Not too much.

I'm deathly afraid of building a tolerance so I will probably try to keep it as low as possible. I'm afraid that if I drink too much alcohol won't affect me. It's weird I know.

I mean do you think you'll start going out to bars on a regular basis to drink socially?

Not too long ago, before classes were done. My friends and I got drunk and wandered around town. I got so drunk that I kept doing this bad Japanese accent, for some reason. It kind of sounded like George Takei. And with this bad Japanese accent, I went around town asking random strangers if they would join me in a bukkake. Weird night.

Another recent one. I got really drunk and ended up having a one night stand with some girl. We both woke up in the morning, naked in bed, and talking about some shit, I don't know. Next thing I know, she goes "What the hell is this?" and pulls something out from under the covers. I respond with "Oh, that's my Bidoof" in a nonchalant way. I sometimes carry around a big plastic Bidoof toy in my pockets. For those that don't know, Bidoof is a beaver Pokemon.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Dazey is always baked.

My biggest fear about alcohol is getting to the point of throwing up and making an idiot of myself.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Dazey is always baked.

I've been drug, alcohol and fatty food free for going on ten days at the time of typing this I'll have you know! ;)

Congratulations! You should go to America every year so you'll stay healthy!

So what is your daily routine right now? Diet and fitness wise.

Another recent one. I got really drunk and ended up having a one night stand with some girl. We both woke up in the morning, naked in bed, and talking about some shit, I don't know. Next thing I know, she goes "What the hell is this?" and pulls something out from under the covers. I respond with "Oh, that's my Bidoof" in a nonchalant way. I sometimes carry around a big plastic Bidoof toy in my pockets. For those that don't know, Bidoof is a beaver Pokemon.

:rofl-lol:

I was at a club a few years ago with my now ex who I didn't get on very well with and we'd had a bit of a falling out so I went off, got shitfaced and ended up talking to this bird in the chillout room. Anyway for some reason I ended up leaving with this other girl to go back to her's so we jumped in a taxi and I think I nodded off en route. So she woke me when we got to her gaff and we went inside and up to the bedroom which considering I was full of coke didn't go quite as expected but after much effort I'm told I managed to finish what I'd started and we both passed out wankered.

While all this was happening my ex was apparently frantically scouring the club for any trace of me as I'd left around midnight and it was approaching 3am so the place was kicking out and people were heading off to the after party. At this point I was already spark out dead for the night so I had no idea any of this was going on and luckily my friends being my friends were good enough to tell Rachael that they'd seen me with a splitting headache earlier on that night and that clearly I must have gone home in a state. They were sure I'd be fine in the morning ;) and she shouldn't worry and just come back to the party with them which she duly did.

See this is where it starts to get interesting cos when I finally came around something like 12 hours later I would have sworn to you all I'd never clapped eyes on this girl before in my life, I had no idea where I was, how I'd gotten there and how I was going to get out of the house without her dad spotting me. I racked my brains to remember her name and casually inquired as to which was the quickest way to get back into town so I could get the train home and face the music only to be asked "what town do you mean? you know you're not in Middlesbrough yeah?" Suffice to say I DID NOT know I wasn't in Middlesbrough any more, nor did I know I was in a different county approximately 50 fucking miles from Middlesbrough and that nap in the taxi the night before had apparently been a long one.

I had about £20 on me, no jacket, no phone and it was an hour to wait for the bus on a freezing cold high street in County Durham, in the snow in nothing but a fucking t-shirt! To cap it all I couldn't even take shelter in a pub cos I wasn't 100% which bus to get so I had to wait on the street and check each one as it pulled up. This bus was only a bus to the next town however where I had a further wait to get the train that would eventually get me back home a mere three hours later where I fell through the front door shivering my ass off with the worst fucking hangover in living memory.

Seems I got back just in time to intercept the phone call from my girlfriend who having been to the all night after party had just surfaced and was calling to see what had happened the night before. I had just enough energy to assure her that I'd drank far too much and had to leave the club early but I felt much better now after a nice long sleep, I was sorry to have worried her and I'd speak to her in the morning when she'd had time to get home and rest. :devilshades:

Edited by Dazey

Met this dude in some dive on Hollywood Blvd last year reading his poetry to people and getting shitfaced. Must have spent about 12 hours propping up the bar in that place that day. :lol:

Also a black dude gave me Popeyes!

and then we just got baked! :lol:

i left you alone for ONE night... -_-

for some reason my most drunken experiences always end with myself in the nude or close to it. the latest involved me drinking in an irish pub til 5 in the morning(they stayed open late for us and kept feeding me all kinds of free shots) and then i proceeded to run to the ocean in my underwear and take a quick dip. 9 minutes of the most hilarious iphone footage the world has ever seen.

Guest Len B'stard
So I gather myself and summon up the courage to admit to some drunk that I'm the thief that stole his winnings.

I'm gonna find you and knock you out :lol: What the fuck was all that about, giving it back, for fuckssake. Actually, y'know what, fuckin' God bless ya man, well played, whats 40 quid against a mans...a mans...whats that word that means like, thats it, integrity, whats 40 notes against a mans integrity. Although you lose points for being pissed :lol: (there's just no fuckin' winnin' with some people, is there? :lol:)

See, all your lots drunken stories are really nice. They always funny and sort of whimsical. Mine always end horribly, yous lot paint an unrealistic representation of what happens when you go on a gargantuan bender...except Dazey of course who is in and of himself a gargantuan bender so what better representation of one? :lol:

See, all your lots drunken stories are really nice. They always funny and sort of whimsical. Mine always end horribly, yous lot paint an unrealistic representation of what happens when you go on a gargantuan bender...except Dazey of course who is in and of himself a gargantuan bender so what better representation of one? :lol:

Beg to differ dear boy! Well I think this one speaks for itself anyways. :lol:

Possibly NSFW so don't say you've not been warned!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIF6pidHYYs

Guest Len B'stard

If it's the one of you getting your cobwebs shook off by them stripper birds, yes i've seen it, it was one of a couple of indicators i've been picking up on since i've known you that suggest that perhaps you're some kind wild eyed western holy man of some maniacal variety. Sort of like a blueprint for the next evolutionary step, a messiah of some description :lol:

One of my mates never used to have any luck with girls and one night he managed to get lucky and pull someone who was willing to go back to his place that night. Me and the other two lads I was with decided to fuck things up for him cos we are cunts.

We waited till they left together and we stayed for a while longer and got shitfaced. We came to the conclusion that he would probably give her a lift back to her place in the morning so went round to his house on our way home and wiped a load of dog shit underneath the door handle of the passengers side. We were right and in the morning she got a handful of shit as she opened the door and he never saw her again.

I've also fell asleep on a train and woke up in Bristol which is technically speaking is in a different country to Cardiff. I got off the train in broad mead station not knowing we're the fuck I was and wandered into town with no money trying to calculate whether I could walk home. I ended up sat with the staff of sainsburys watching the lunar eclipse.

I didnt have a mobile at the time so I ended up reversing the charges on a friend who bought me a train ticket. He was probably feeling guilty as he was one of the twats who never woke me up at cardiff station and left me on the train.