Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2012 NFL FOOTBALL THREAD

• Please log in to reply
1706 replies to this topic

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

Axl Smith takes the next step and the 49ers are the 2013 Super Bowl champions.

Aaron Godgers disagrees. The Lombardi trophy comes home (again)

The 32nd ranked defense, struggling new left tackle, and no backfield say otherwise.

15-1 record, 2nd highest scoring offense in NFL history, defense addressed in the draft/FA say so.

Although that makes me think...if the 49'ers would've drafted Rodgers they would be beastly :o

Nah. No way Aaron Rodgers developed into the quarterback he is now at the helm of those 49er offenses.

I don't remember anyone big in FA for them, and you don't fix a defense in one offseason picking in the top 20's. Unless you have a really, really good draft. The Giants offered a pretty good blueprint to stop the offense too.

They signed some good DL bodies in FA, something they lacked last year. The Packers are known for their drafts since TT took over, and (imo) their best defensive player was taken in the 20's. (Clay Matthews)

The biggest problem with the defense last year was injuries and the DL being thin, which resulted in a lack of pressure on the QB. I fully expect the defense to be a lot better this season. As long as they're top 10-15, I think the Pack take the Super Bowl. It's hard to remember now, but they had one of the best defenses in the league in 2010.

They were 15-1 with the worst D in the league so imagine how good they are going to be with an improved D....and the offense did pretty well with a young left tackle who should only get better with an off season program as should the running game....I like our chances......
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts
  • 05-March 05

I know they're probably the most hated team in the NFL but I'm looking for the Lions to win more games and cause less controversy this year, even though I kind of dig this overly aggressive pound em into the grass kind of football they've been playing. If they can play like that with some discipline and avoid the stupid penalties I really believe this team could make a run for the Super Bowl

They certainly aren't helping themselves during this offseason. I think they've racked up 7 total arrests, with 3 separate players getting arrested twice. (If that makes sense)

The 32nd ranked defense, struggling new left tackle, and no backfield say otherwise.

15-1 record, 2nd highest scoring offense in NFL history, defense addressed in the draft/FA say so.

Although that makes me think...if the 49'ers would've drafted Rodgers they would be beastly :o

Nah. No way Aaron Rodgers developed into the quarterback he is now at the helm of those 49er offenses.

I don't remember anyone big in FA for them, and you don't fix a defense in one offseason picking in the top 20's. Unless you have a really, really good draft. The Giants offered a pretty good blueprint to stop the offense too.

They signed some good DL bodies in FA, something they lacked last year. The Packers are known for their drafts since TT took over, and (imo) their best defensive player was taken in the 20's. (Clay Matthews)

The biggest problem with the defense last year was injuries and the DL being thin, which resulted in a lack of pressure on the QB. I fully expect the defense to be a lot better this season. As long as they're top 10-15, I think the Pack take the Super Bowl. It's hard to remember now, but they had one of the best defenses in the league in 2010.

They were 15-1 with the worst D in the league so imagine how good they are going to be with an improved D....and the offense did pretty well with a young left tackle who should only get better with an off season program as should the running game....I like our chances......

That's what I was getting at. I think we were #2 in PPG on defense in 2010. Last year (I hope) was a fluke.
With Newhouse improving and Sherrod on pace to come back from his injury, I think we'll be fine at LT. As for the running game, Alex Green is going to be a name to look out for. I think if he stays healthy this year he'll have a Ryan Grant/James Starks type breakout.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,905 posts
  • 01-February 06

I know they're probably the most hated team in the NFL but I'm looking for the Lions to win more games and cause less controversy this year, even though I kind of dig this overly aggressive pound em into the grass kind of football they've been playing. If they can play like that with some discipline and avoid the stupid penalties I really believe this team could make a run for the Super Bowl

They certainly aren't helping themselves during this offseason. I think they've racked up 7 total arrests, with 3 separate players getting arrested twice. (If that makes sense)

Yeah it's embarrassing, they certainly have defined themselves as a team of thugs. As long as they win games on the field though I'm happy, the Lions have been the laughing stock of the NFL my whole life and now they're somewhat being taken seriously by their opponents

Posted Image

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • 13-March 06

Joe Flacco proves he's better than Matt Ryan, though a strong case could be made already.

thats true matt ryan is vastly overrated

You take Matt Ryan out of that cozy little dome and his defensively soft division and see how great he is, take last year's wild card in NY last season. He's never won a playoff game, Flacco has won 5. Flacco played in a division where every defense finished in the top 10. Joe Flacco also outplayed Tom Brady in the AFC championship game and as far as I'm concerned led the Ravens to the Super Bowl. If Lee Evans held on to that ball it was game over. Also to quickly compare weapons

ray rice (bal) > michael turner (atl)
anquan boldin < roddie white
torrey smith < julio jones
ed dickson < tony gonzales
Bal's O-line < Atl's O-line
Bal's O-Coordinator < Atl's O-coordinator

Another Baltimore prediction, no matter what happens their offensive coordinator leaves and Hue Jackson is promoted. The Ravens run the most pathetic 1960's offense there is, and it's only by the grace of the large amount of talent on that offense that they somehow crack the top 30. If you got those players in a good scheme the offense would take off. Player for player, the Ravens are the most talented team in the NFL, however that doesn't make them the best. Conservative play calling is usually their downfall.

SB prediction, depends on how much the Pat's get their D together but give me Patriots over Packers in a classic.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,536 posts
  • 05-March 05

Yeah it's embarrassing, they certainly have defined themselves as a team of thugs. As long as they win games on the field though I'm happy, the Lions have been the laughing stock of the NFL my whole life and now they're somewhat being taken seriously by their opponents

If they get that defense improved, the Lions will be one of the best teams in the league for the next decade. Stafford to CJ is a lethal combo that'll just get better.

KBear

KBear

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,923 posts
  • 03-January 03
Can't wait to see what the Bills can do, especially that overhauled D. The offense was pretty good last year and should be yet again. They went south in the 2nd half of the year but that also coincided with a Fitzpatrick injury. If he plays as well as he can and the D is top 10 then the Bills could definitely be legit.

GnRDuff1

GnRDuff1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • 18-June 03
The Eagles have (hopefully) plugged the holes in the LB corp and the rookie OL guys have had time to learn Howard Mudd's different scheme. The defense now knows how to let the wide nine work ans to only use it occasionally. ESPN thinks they're the team to beat in the NFC East, and I tend to agree
Philly 2002: No show
East Rutherford 2006: Split GA, on rail, back pit
Camden 2011: 2nd row in pit. Best show

LightningBolt

LightningBolt

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,999 posts
  • 12-December 08

Can't wait to see what the Bills can do, especially that overhauled D. The offense was pretty good last year and should be yet again. They went south in the 2nd half of the year but that also coincided with a Fitzpatrick injury. If he plays as well as he can and the D is top 10 then the Bills could definitely be legit.

Bills should be a very solid team, defensively, though I admittedly don't know what kind of LB's they have. I know they have an amazing DL (at least on paper) and some decent players in the secondary, though. Offense should be the only concern. Not completely sold on Fitz myself, and outside of Stevie Johnson I'm not sure what they really have going for them. They have a good RB situation, at least.

Fan of the Cowboys and Colts. Pretty damn excited to see what the Colts can do. Not expecting playoffs, but I think they've made some awesome moves at the start of this rebuilding process. Drafted two highly rated TE's, the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning (some say since John Elway), fixed up the OL a bit, and added some depth at WR. I think we can actually be a competent team offensively. Defense is tricky. They have some talent, but I think they'll most likely be a bad team defensively. Freeney and Mathis are still our edge rushers and they'll be good. Kavell Conner and Pat Angerer, however, showed IMMENSE promise at LB last year. I'm hoping they can keep that up. If they do, we'll have a very very very good starting 4 linebackers. DL is a complete question mark. Cory Redding is a capable starter, but we'll likely have a rookie starting at NT (and I think he was a 5th round pick) and a second year player who didn't play much last year starting at the other DE position. Now, Chapman (the NT pick) had a great college career at Alabama and played well last year even with a major injury, so I'm hoping he can surprise people and be good for us. Not sure what to expect from Drake Nevis, the DE. Our secondary still has a complete lack of talent. Hopefully a scheme change helps it somewhat, though. I haven't looked at their schedule in-depth yet, but if they react well to the changes (there have been TONS this offseason), I don't think 5-7 wins would be unreachable. If they don't react well and there are growing pains, we could be a T3 pick again like a lot of analysts are suggesting.

Cowboys should improve a lot. Their main weakness has been the secondary for a while now. It was awful. Now with the additions of Claiborne and Carr, it's improved dramatically. If the starting 3 is Carr/Claiborne/Jenkins, we have a very good set of guys there. Pass rush is the only terrible hole on the team at the moment. Unfortunately, I think it will still cause a lot of problems. Even the most talented secondary can struggle without help from a capable pass rush. Hopefully one of the Front 7 guys we've added over the past few years can have a breakout season and give Ware some help. Still, with a full offseason with Rob Ryan and major talent added at CB, the defense should increase a lot. If the defense can be competent and the offense is as good as usual (along with DeMarco Murray hopefully staying healthy - he looked amazing last season), there's no reason the Cowboys can't be a playoff team. Unfortunately, I'm always prepared for the worst with this team, and the division has gotten a lot better. Not sure if I'd say the Giants have gotten much better, but the Eagles made moves to fix up their LB corps (though they are still lacking at Safety and they lost Asante, so they'll be vulnerable against passing, and they also lost their best OL) and the Redskins added talent at QB and WR, their two biggest holes. NFC East will be interesting. The three usual suspects all have playoff caliber rosters, and the Redskins aren't far behind anymore with a competent defense and an offense that just got much better.

Goddamn I can't wait for football.

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • 18-August 05
Dre Kirkpatrick fractured a bone in his knee and is expected to miss the entire training camp and some regular season time. Not the best way to start the season, especially with Leon Hall's status still uncertain for the start of the season.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

arnold layne

arnold layne

hooray for tolerance!.

• SILVER Supporter
  • 13,700 posts
  • 17-November 06
I am doing my projections. Here is what I have thus far:

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys 1-2
New York Giants 3-0
Philadelphia Eagles 3-0
Washington Redskins 0-3

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals 1-2
San Francisco 49ers 2-1
Seattle Seahawks 1-2
St. Louis Rams 2-1

NFC North
Chicago Bears 2-1
Detroit Lions 1-2
Green Bay Packers 3-0
Minnesota Vikings 1-2

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons 0-3
Carolina Panthers 2-1
New Orleans Saints 2-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0-3

AFC East
Buffalo Bills 2-1
Miami Dolphins 0-3
New England Patriots 2-1
New York Jets 2-1

AFC West
Denver Broncos 3-0
Kansas City Chiefs 1-2
Oakland Raiders 2-1
San Diego Chargers 3-0

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens 2-1
Cincinnati Bengals 2-1
Cleveland Browns 0-3
Pittsburgh Steelers 1-2

AFC South
Houston Texans 2-1
Indianapolis Colts 2-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 0-3
Tennessee Titans 0-3

Paranoia, Paranoia

Everybody's coming to get me

Just say you never met me

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 2,176 posts
  • 21-February 12
Packers rock3

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,536 posts
  • 05-March 05

Packers rock3

We just cut Charlie Peprah! I'm very, very happy! :takethat:

If we weren't Super Bowl bound before, we certainly are now!

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

That's what I was getting at. I think we were #2 in PPG on defense in 2010. Last year (I hope) was a fluke.
With Newhouse improving and Sherrod on pace to come back from his injury, I think we'll be fine at LT. As for the running game, Alex Green is going to be a name to look out for. I think if he stays healthy this year he'll have a Ryan Grant/James Starks type breakout.

We had one of the best offenses in the NFL last year and if they stay healthy it should be right up there again and as far as the defense is concerned the only way is up IMHO.........We drafted some defensive atheletes this year who can only make the D better. Even if Perry and Worthy have average Rookie seasons the D will be better and Jennings or McMillen can't be worse then Peprah was...We may not go 15-1 again but I like our chances provided no major injuries.........
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 2,176 posts
  • 21-February 12

Packers rock3

They should cut AJ Hawk next.

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,536 posts
  • 05-March 05

Packers rock3

They should cut AJ Hawk next.

He certainly wasn't worth a top 5 pick, and we shouldn't have signed him to that contract extension last offseason, but he's the best option we have right now. Thank God for Desmond Bishop, though. Without him AJ Hawk would never be expendable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users