Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2012 NFL FOOTBALL THREAD

• Please log in to reply
1706 replies to this topic

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,682 posts
  • 14-February 11
Let's go Cowboys.

Clap. Clap.

HOW 'BOUT 'DEM COWBOYS?!?!

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,682 posts
  • 14-February 11

Let's go Cowboys.

Clap. Clap.

HOW 'BOUT 'DEM COWBOYS?!?!

Yeah, how 'bout 'em? Let's see them do...anything. Its fun watching everyone pick Dallas and Philly to win the division, again.

If DeMarco Murray can stay healthy, he has a shot at the rushing title.

Carr and Claiborne instantly upgrade the pitiful secondary, but Mike Jenkins is useless and should have been traded.

Dez Bryant is a basketcase, but they need him to keep it together.

Ultimately it's all going to come down on Romo. I think that Tony is a good, solid QB. At this point for him, it's Super Bowl or bust. This season will determine whether he's Staubach/Aikman or Danny White.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,893 posts
  • 09-March 08
i think the giants are still the team to beat in the NFC east. the cowboys have good talent but like what has been said dez bryant it a nutcase,which is why i thought it was funny when the dolphins asked if his mom was a prostitute

romo who knows i dont think he will ever win a superbowl IMO

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

LightningBolt

LightningBolt

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,019 posts
  • 12-December 08
The Giants are probably still the "team to beat" in the NFC East, but I do think the talent on the rosters of the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants are fairly comparable. It will in all likelihood be another tightly contested year, and if RG3 has a great rookie season, the Redskins could be close behind.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,893 posts
  • 09-March 08

The Giants are probably still the "team to beat" in the NFC East, but I do think the talent on the rosters of the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants are fairly comparable. It will in all likelihood be another tightly contested year, and if RG3 has a great rookie season, the Redskins could be close behind.

RGIII is the wildcard IMO of the NFC east race if he has a good rookie season definitely the redskins can surprise, i just dont think the eagles get anywhere with vick, he regressed back to the same player he was in atlanta, never can throw in the pocket and will run first and will get knocked out eventually

GnRDuff1

GnRDuff1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • 18-June 03

RGIII is the wildcard IMO of the NFC east race if he has a good rookie season definitely the redskins can surprise, i just dont think the eagles get anywhere with vick, he regressed back to the same player he was in atlanta, never can throw in the pocket and will run first and will get knocked out eventually

To be fair, a lot of that has to do with his inability to pick up a blitz and his tendency to break down a play whenever anyone gets near him. This year, that duty falls on the Center, Jason Kelce. It made sense last year to not have a rookie doing it, but Vick was proven to not be much better. The O-Line without Peters will make or break the offense. They were one of the few bright spots, and with Danny Watkins finally understanding the scheme of this O-Line coach, it should really be interesting.
Philly 2002: No show
East Rutherford 2006: Split GA, on rail, back pit
Camden 2011: 2nd row in pit. Best show

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 2,321 posts
  • 21-February 12

Packers rock3

We just cut Charlie Peprah! I'm very, very happy! :takethat:

If we weren't Super Bowl bound before, we certainly are now!

They should cut AJ Hawk next.

He certainly wasn't worth a top 5 pick, and we shouldn't have signed him to that contract extension last offseason, but he's the best option we have right now. Thank God for Desmond Bishop, though. Without him AJ Hawk would never be expendable.

Yeah I know Desmond helped the Packers defense not be a total train wreck....oh wait.

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

#WOO

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • 13-March 06
I think how bad the Packers and Patriots defenses were last season were greatly exagerrated. A lot of the yards put up against them were junk passing yards in the 4th quarter when they were already ahead by 30.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 2,321 posts
  • 21-February 12

I think how bad the Packers and Patriots defenses were last season were greatly exagerrated. A lot of the yards put up against them were junk passing yards in the 4th quarter when they were already ahead by 30.

Kind of true but the Packers run Defense sucked badly and there passing one was bad in every quarter but thank god the Packers have a really good offense

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate, 26 July 2012 - 11:52 AM.

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

#WOO

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,682 posts
  • 14-February 11

To be fair, a lot of that has to do with his inability to pick up a blitz and his tendency to break down a play whenever anyone gets near him. This year, that duty falls on the Center, Jason Kelce. It made sense last year to not have a rookie doing it, but Vick was proven to not be much better. The O-Line without Peters will make or break the offense. They were one of the few bright spots, and with Danny Watkins finally understanding the scheme of this O-Line coach, it should really be interesting.

Vick is washed up.

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • 13-March 06

Vick is washed up.

I don't think Vick is washed up, but his body is breaking down. First 6 games of any season he's brilliant, then he gets hurt...

It's not like the Eagles have a better option, on days when Vick is at his best he's a sprinting Drew Brees, but when it's bad he's a turnover machine.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,893 posts
  • 09-March 08
true the eagles have no better substitute
but vick has put up some tebow like throwing numbers last year lol

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

Kind of true but the Packers run Defense sucked badly and there passing one was bad in every quarter but thank god the Packers have a really good offense

No Actualy their run defense did not suck as it was 14th in the league which was better the Giants at 19th so they were middle of the pack in this case. Their pass defense did suck though as they were dead last but they drafted 6 defensive player in this years draft so even if the top 4 studs, Perry, Worthy, Hayward and McMillen have an average rookie season I would expect the pass defense to make a dramatic improvement...........
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,682 posts
  • 14-February 11

Vick is washed up.

I don't think Vick is washed up, but his body is breaking down. First 6 games of any season he's brilliant, then he gets hurt...

It's not like the Eagles have a better option, on days when Vick is at his best he's a sprinting Drew Brees, but when it's bad he's a turnover machine.

That's the thing. The guy can't last a full season, and the Eagles haven't exactly prepared all that well as far as a competent backup goes. Trent Edwards? Really?

AbominableHoman

AbominableHoman

I'm here for the Gang Bang

• Members
  • 11,520 posts
  • 21-July 04

Vick is washed up.

That's the thing. The guy can't last a full season, and the Eagles haven't exactly prepared all that well as far as a competent backup goes. Trent Edwards? Really?

Michael Vick will never be more successful than McNabb. And I like it way, because Eagles fans are slightly more educated versions of Raider fans.

I'd never underestimate what Reid can do with quarterbacks. He's made a lot of bums serviceable.

opinion-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users