Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2012 NFL FOOTBALL THREAD

• Please log in to reply
1706 replies to this topic

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts
  • 23-July 06

go dolphins, fuck the patriots :lol:

No! Bush actually gave me some fantasy points. It's about damn time! Only 4 teams left on my fantasy. I can smell the green!

bush sucked today minus one good run, i wish the dolphins would get a better running back and use bush in a receiver role more often, since the dolphins dont even have a #3 or #4 receiver :drevil:

He gave me 10.40. which is decent for him.

cool good thing it worked out for you, he almost had a TD that would have definitley helped as well :lol:

Next week I face my Sargent, he beat me twice in the regular season. Knocking him off of his own league will be fn sweet!

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts
  • 05-March 05

Who are the Giants? Its like they are two different teams this year. The pass rush and the passing attack, that's how we win. Where are they some weeks?

This is why I don't count Eli amongst the top 5 QB's in the league. He's way too inconsistant, despite the two Super Bowl wins.

Forsaken

Forsaken

Annuit Cúptis

• Admins
  • 14,323 posts
  • 19-February 05
I'd like to personally thank Eli for giving me a playoff win in Fantasy, as well as Frank Gore for stepping it up when it counted.

Also

Get ran the fuck over by my Birds.

Posted Image

Edited by Forsaken, 17 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

wq0Xdzw.gif

....with eyes so dilated i've become your pupil 

LightningBolt

LightningBolt

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,019 posts
  • 12-December 08

Who are the Giants? Its like they are two different teams this year. The pass rush and the passing attack, that's how we win. Where are they some weeks?

This is why I don't count Eli amongst the top 5 QB's in the league. He's way too inconsistant, despite the two Super Bowl wins.

This was my point when I made the statement that he isn't elite after last season, when people were really buying into the "elite" thing (now the trendy thing for analysts to say is that it's stupid to group players in as "elite"). You pretty much know what to expect from Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and even Drew Brees. They have two, maybe three, poor performances a season, but with Eli it's a completely different beast. The dude can have like 5-7 bad performances in a year. But one great postseason run will make people forget a lot of things. Not that I'm taking anything away from that postseason run. It was great and a Super Bowl is awesome obviously, but it doesn't necessarily define his whole career as a quarterback.

This season is incredibly interesting because it really does feel like a very "up in the air" Super Bowl. In the NFC, the Falcons, Giants, Packers, Bears, Seahawks, and Niners look like pretenders one week and the best team in the league the next. In the AFC, you've had the Texans looking very vulnerable lately, with Denver and New England being the only two consistently good teams in that conference as of late. It's a shame that we'll probably end up seeing the Broncos and Patriots play in the AFC Divisional Round, since it looks as though Denver will have the 2 seed (they finish the season against Cleveland and Kansas City) while the Patriots will finish with the 3 seed (Jaguars and Dolphins I think). That's assuming that Big Ben and the Steelers don't somehow beat the Patriots in the Wild Card round assuming that the Steelers can beat the Bengals next week. Ben hasn't been his usual self lately, but with two more weeks back and healed up to some extent, I do think the Steelers can beat anyone in the league (and really just as easily lose to anyone in the league - similar to the Cowboys and Giants).

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,406 posts
  • 15-July 03
I'm starting to really dislike the Seahawks.
Carroll is obviously a scumbag. The way he left usc tells you all you need to know about his character.
The way they handled the blown call against GB.
Golden Tate acting like he just knocked out mike tyson after he delivered an illegal hit on an opponent who wasn't even looking at him.
A few weeks ago a couple defensive players were badmouthing teams on twitter.
Throwing TD passes with 50 point leads on a 4th down play.
And then a 4th quarter fake punt in a game you are leading by 40 points?

Apparently their head coach's douchery has set the tone for the entire team.

LightningBolt

LightningBolt

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,019 posts
  • 12-December 08

I'm starting to really dislike the Seahawks.
Carroll is obviously a scumbag. The way he left usc tells you all you need to know about his character.
The way they handled the blown call against GB.
Golden Tate acting like he just knocked out mike tyson after he delivered an illegal hit on an opponent who wasn't even looking at him.
A few weeks ago a couple defensive players were badmouthing teams on twitter.
Throwing TD passes with 50 point leads on a 4th down play.
And then a 4th quarter fake punt in a game you are leading by 40 points?

Apparently their head coach's douchery has set the tone for the entire team.

Yeah, the punt thing would make even Belichick and Brady shake their heads.

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

This was my point when I made the statement that he isn't elite after last season, when people were really buying into the "elite" thing (now the trendy thing for analysts to say is that it's stupid to group players in as "elite"). You pretty much know what to expect from Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and even Drew Brees. They have two, maybe three, poor performances a season, but with Eli it's a completely different beast. The dude can have like 5-7 bad performances in a year. But one great postseason run will make people forget a lot of things. Not that I'm taking anything away from that postseason run. It was great and a Super Bowl is awesome obviously, but it doesn't necessarily define his whole career as a quarterback.

This season is incredibly interesting because it really does feel like a very "up in the air" Super Bowl. In the NFC, the Falcons, Giants, Packers, Bears, Seahawks, and Niners look like pretenders one week and the best team in the league the next. In the AFC, you've had the Texans looking very vulnerable lately, with Denver and New England being the only two consistently good teams in that conference as of late. It's a shame that we'll probably end up seeing the Broncos and Patriots play in the AFC Divisional Round, since it looks as though Denver will have the 2 seed (they finish the season against Cleveland and Kansas City) while the Patriots will finish with the 3 seed (Jaguars and Dolphins I think). That's assuming that Big Ben and the Steelers don't somehow beat the Patriots in the Wild Card round assuming that the Steelers can beat the Bengals next week. Ben hasn't been his usual self lately, but with two more weeks back and healed up to some extent, I do think the Steelers can beat anyone in the league (and really just as easily lose to anyone in the league - similar to the Cowboys and Giants).

Yeah but the thing that makes Eli elite too me is he performs in the big games as evidenced by his two rings...........
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

KBear

KBear

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,928 posts
  • 03-January 03
Yeah, I'd say that Eli isn't quite elite on account of the fact that he isn't as consistent or as prolific as some QBs, but he's not far off. The level under elite at the very worst, no doubt.

And you guys aren't wrong about Pete Carroll. But, this is the NFL and these guys are all men. You want to stop his bs then shut his team down and/or score on them. I think the Bills and Cards should be more upset that they can't hang with the Seahawks, not so much that they are douchbags (which they are, but still).

The Cardinals aren't going to forget what happened against the Seahawks. Nor will the Packers, or Pats, or anyone else who they've managed to piss off this year. One day Carroll may be out of a job and needing a new team, and some teams may not give him the time of day. What goes around comes around is what I'm getting at.

Edited by KBear, 18 December 2012 - 12:12 AM.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,900 posts
  • 09-March 08
lol mark sanchez

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,406 posts
  • 15-July 03
I hate it when teams waste a timeout instead of just taking the delay of game penalty in non critical situations.

And wow. Mark sanchez is terrible.

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,896 posts
  • 23-July 06

lol mark sanchez

Give the guy a break. Joking, he sucks!

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,900 posts
  • 09-March 08

lol mark sanchez

yeah he does, i mean 4 years in the league and you play like that?

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,896 posts
  • 23-July 06

lol mark sanchez

yeah he does, i mean 4 years in the league and you play like that?

The only thing he has done good this year is date Eva Longoria. Sanchez running into his own team mate will probably be the year's dumbest play.

Getizzyback

Getizzyback

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • 24-February 05

good to see another dolphin fan :lol:

Yea right! Just keep it quiet, and don't let it get around too much! :xmasssanta:

VRII.gif

Possible Reality Has Turned Into Just Fantasy

Getizzyback

Getizzyback

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • 24-February 05

Two Saints One Cup is doing the nasty. Straight gangbangin this league.

And to think, I gave Aaron Rodgers and Antonio Gates to Getizzyback for Matt Ryan :lol: Still doing well. Hopefully Matt will keep performing, he's let me down a few weeks.

You did well in that trade because Rodgers has not played as well as Ryan overall. I really didn't care either way because Brees and Gonzales are my QB and TE. I have no earthly idea how I ended up with both Drew Brees and Matt Ryan on draft day. (too long ago)

VRII.gif

Possible Reality Has Turned Into Just Fantasy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users