Fernando about CD 2

Juan Pablo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think Fernando is a great guy, but the crux of the problem people have with tweets like this is the blatant vagueness.

"Working on it" could mean nothing more than him asking Beta to inquire with Axl about it.

If Fernando were more specific with his responses, more detailed, then there would be more credibility attached to them.

The vagueness makes the comments come across as nothing more than PR to keep fans interested and excited.

I'd rather he not say anything at all instead of saying something so vague as "working on it".

I agree it is vague and I would prefer to hear exactly where the band is in the process of releasing a new record, and therefore also a tentative release date, but I can't agree silence is better. If none of the band members or Fernando had revealed they are working on a new record and that there are plans to let us hear new music this year, I would have no reason to believe the band had any plans to make new music. This verification that the band is about the future and not only the past, is essential to keep me interested and motivated.

I do agree with arnold layne that they might just say this shit to keep interest in the nu band. Talk, talk, talk, I'm so sick of the talk. It's been the same song and dance since '09. Actions speak way louder than words.

Give me just one twitter/facebook post, ONE FUCKING POST from the official GNR twitter/facebook saying that they are in the studio working on a new album, with maybe even a picture of the full nu band working in the studio, and I'll start taking this more seriously. Unless that happens, or I hear it from the head honcho himself, I just :rolleyes: and :popcorn:

If none of the band members or Fernando had revealed they are working on a new record and that there are plans to let us hear new music this year, I would have no reason to believe the band had any plans to make new music. This verification that the band is about the future and not only the past, is essential to keep me interested and motivated.

Your last sentence confirms what I said about the tweet being a PR move. People are following the band, buying the merchandise, joining the official website, and going to the concerts because - right or wrong - they believe newly released music is on the horizon.

Honestly, if they were serious about putting out new music don't you think they would have done it by now to ride the wave of publicity and renewed interest GNR got from the HOF induction?

Slash released his album about a month after the induction, and just look at what the Chili Peppers have done since then:

May 1, 2012 saw the release of digital download only Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers EP which consisted of previously released studio and live covers of artists that influenced the band.

On May 27, 2012, Chad mentioned that ten b'sides for I'm with You will be released within the next six months and will be released on 7-inch vinyl and digital download.

On May 29, 2012, Flea announced that eighteen new songs in total would be released over the next six months.

On June 9, 2012, Chad took time to answer questions from fans on Twitter and confirmed that the 7-inch vinyl/digital downloads would each contain two songs and they would start releasing them mid-August 2012.

The band announced in June 2012 that on August 14, 2012 they will start releasing the seventeen I'm with You outtakes which are nine singles featuring two tracks each with the one release scheduled for each month (two in December) and the final two released in early 2013.

On July 19, 2012, Flea released his first ever solo EP, titled Helen Burns.

If none of the band members or Fernando had revealed they are working on a new record and that there are plans to let us hear new music this year, I would have no reason to believe the band had any plans to make new music. This verification that the band is about the future and not only the past, is essential to keep me interested and motivated.

Your last sentence confirms what I said about the tweet being a PR move. People are following the band, buying the merchandise, joining the official website, and going to the concerts because - right or wrong - they believe newly released music is on the horizon.

Honestly, if they were serious about putting out new music don't you think they would have done it by now to ride the wave of publicity and renewed interest GNR got from the HOF induction?

I don't think they had an album ready when the HOF came around, and the HOF is only a phenomenon in the US, which is a smaller market for the band. It is much more sensible to release a record after having toured Europe and South America. And since when did GN'R start doing things according to the book and according to what is logical?

Of course tweeting about records to come is a PR move, every form of building anticipation for things to come is that. But at the same time it tells us something significant: the band intends to release more music, something which wouldn't have been obvious if it weren't for band members and the management explicitly saying so. If Fernando tweeted and told us the Del James documentary from the 90s were to be released in early '13, it would be a PR move but at the same time tell us something significant.

Give me just one twitter/facebook post, ONE FUCKING POST from the official GNR twitter/facebook saying that they are in the studio working on a new album, with maybe even a picture of the full nu band working in the studio, and I'll start taking this more seriously. Unless that happens, or I hear it from the head honcho himself, I just :rolleyes: and :popcorn:

Heh, isn't Fernando the one updating the official GN'R twitter and Facebook page?

I'm fucking sick of Fernando threads. You know what? Fuck him. To coin a phrase from Sailaway, he is nothing more than an insignificunt. Let's just put all of his comments in the bullshit category where they belong. He's head of security at best.

I don't think they had an album ready when the HOF came around, and the HOF is only a phenomenon in the US, which is a smaller market for the band. It is much more sensible to release a record after having toured Europe and South America. And since when did GN'R start doing things according to the book and according to what is logical?

Of course tweeting about records to come is a PR move, every form of building anticipation for things to come is that. But at the same time it tells us something significant: the band intends to release more music, something which wouldn't have been obvious if it weren't for band members and the management explicitly saying so. If Fernando tweeted and told us the Del James documentary from the 90s were to be released in early '13, it would be a PR move but at the same time tell us something significant.

Do you NOT think there's approximately 30 finished songs sitting in Axl's vault? It wouldn't have taken long to put half of them on an album after the induction, and it was last year when GNR was confirmed as a HOF inductee.

19 million copies of AFD have been sold in the US and Canada, while approx 2 million have been sold throughout the rest of the world. I wouldn't underestimate the buying potential of the US/North America. Isn't it believed if they do release a new album they would tour the US to promote the album?

Isn't the new management team supposed to be running things logically now to maximize promotion and ultimately revenue?

There's a big difference between saying what will specifically be done (Del James documentary from the 90's will be released) and specifically when (early 2013) as opposed to an extremely vague "Working on it!".

Do you NOT think there's approximately 30 finished songs sitting in Axl's vault?

Not "Axl ready" (because a song can always be tinkered some more with) and not including additions from all current band members, which seems to be important.

19 million copies of AFD have been sold in the US and Canada, while approx 2 million have been sold throughout the rest of the world.

Only 2 million in the rest of the world?? That can't be true, I read earlier today that the total sale is 30 mill now. And what AFD sold is a bit irrelevant, what matters is what CD sold and where those markets were, because that is more indicative of where a follow-up will sell.

Isn't it believed if they do release a new album they would tour the US to promote the album?

Yep, which will probably be followed by tours elsewhere.

Isn't the new management team supposed to be running things logically now to maximize promotion and ultimately revenue?

Eh, every management is supposed to do that. Whether they succeed depends on other factors, including Axl.

There's a big difference between saying what will specifically be done (Del James documentary from the 90's will be released) and specifically when (early 2013) as opposed to an extremely vague "Working on it!".

Yes, and it is a big difference between saying they are working on a new record and hence indicating new music in the future, and not saying anything at all leaving us unsure of whether we will ever get to hear new music.

19 million copies of AFD have been sold in the US and Canada, while approx 2 million have been sold throughout the rest of the world.

Only 2 million in the rest of the world?? That can't be true, I read earlier today that the total sale is 30 mill now. And what AFD sold is a bit irrelevant, what matters is what CD sold and where those markets were, because that is more indicative of where a follow-up will sell.

2 million based on certifications, got it from Wiki which references a bunch of foreign websites. And with all the Azoff stuff you can't go by sales of Chinese Democracy, the Best Buy deal and lack of promotion obviously hurt sales in the US quite a bit.

2 million based on certifications, got it from Wiki which references a bunch of foreign websites. And with all the Azoff stuff you can't go by sales of Chinese Democracy, the Best Buy deal and lack of promotion obviously hurt sales in the US quite a bit.

"A bunch of foreign websites" perhaps, but not all countries and hence the 2 million you claim is way too small. Recent accumulated sales world-wide for AFD is more than 30 mill now with 18 mill being sold in the US, meaning that about 12 mill is sold in the rest of the world. But this is as I said irrelevant since the markets change all the time. The US is not such a rock-friendly market any more. If I were GN'R I'd actually focus on Asian and South American markets.

Why all the hate for Fernando? The guy works hard for the band as a part of their management. Sure, he's not playing instruments, but I'm sure he'll be involved in getting the album made and out there and in that sense, he's a part of the process and perfectly entitled to comment.

Some of you guys are shitting all over him and for what? A 3 word twitter post? Give the guy a break - he's a nice guy, and has been plenty helpful to fans over the years. If you have a specific problem with his management style, then fine, post it, but the personal insults with no basis simply aren't warranted or needed.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm shitting on him because there is absolutely no reason for him to get involved in a situation that involves people that are actually important to the band. He is only in the situation that he is in because of his mommy. He has no right to address any situation with somebody that actually makes the band what it is today, and if he wants to flap his trap, he needs to be put in his place.

Seriously, I just think that he's a piece of shit that stepped outside of his limited role. I know that we aren't supposed to insult the band members, but I really hope that doesn't apply to a nobody like him.

THIS!

Why all the hate for Fernando? The guy works hard for the band as a part of their management. Sure, he's not playing instruments, but I'm sure he'll be involved in getting the album made and out there and in that sense, he's a part of the process and perfectly entitled to comment.

Some of you guys are shitting all over him and for what? A 3 word twitter post? Give the guy a break - he's a nice guy, and has been plenty helpful to fans over the years. If you have a specific problem with his management style, then fine, post it, but the personal insults with no basis simply aren't warranted or needed.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm shitting on him because there is absolutely no reason for him to get involved in a situation that involves people that are actually important to the band. He is only in the situation that he is in because of his mommy. He has no right to address any situation with somebody that actually makes the band what it is today, and if he wants to flap his trap, he needs to be put in his place.

Seriously, I just think that he's a piece of shit that stepped outside of his limited role. I know that we aren't supposed to insult the band members, but I really hope that doesn't apply to a nobody like him.

THIS!

now the tours over, maybe Fernados is seeking attention, just like Bumblefoot appears to enjoy, via inflammatory tweets :D

Edited by vaida

THIS!

now the tours over, maybe Fernados is seeking attention, just like Bumblefoot appears to enjoy, via inflammatory tweets :D

Fernando is riding his mom's coat tails and isnt worthy of the hate, IMO.

He says something....oh well...next topic.

That's my reaction.

Beta's the manager of both GNR and Axl.

Fernando is barely an assistant.

Just saying...

fernando acts like he's more than barely an assistant 2 axl rose

If I remember correctly Fernando and Axl met when Fernando was like 12 years old or so and both have referred to each other as brothers. Actually, Axl considers Beta and her kids as his own family so, yes, Fernando is way more than barely an assistant.