"Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

vaida

Axl Rose suing Activision over inclusion of Slash in Guitar Hero 3

Indeed, Rose's filing asserts that Activision explicitly promised not to use images of any former members of GnR in the game. Even more surprising, Activision EVP of Music Affairs Tim Riley is quoted as saying "Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

source

Sure this news is old, but it's the first I've read about Activision's Tim Riley making a comment about Beta. What's the comment mean ?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Waxl lose the lawsuit?

Things have gone silent on this. It might still be going.

Reading those docs, there's alot about how much the song means to Axl, and how Axl is focused on the future of Guns N'Roses and not the past. I'm sure the song in question is important to all involved in its creation. If Axl is focused on the future, then why be so bothered with a song from the past ? he was after all happy for it to be used in exchange for money.

Edited by vaida

Reading those docs, there's alot about how muc the song means to Axl, and how Axl is focused on the future of Guns N'Roses and not the past. I'm sure the song in question is important to all involved it its creation. If Axl is focused on the future, then why be so bothered with a song from the past ? he was after all happy for it to be used in exchange for money.

He wants the future of GNR to have Slash completely cut out of the picture. A bitter divorcee.

Reading those docs, there's alot about how muc the song means to Axl, and how Axl is focused on the future of Guns N'Roses and not the past. I'm sure the song in question is important to all involved it its creation. If Axl is focused on the future, then why be so bothered with a song from the past ? he was after all happy for it to be used in exchange for money.

He wants the future of GNR to have Slash completely cut out of the picture. A bitter divorcee.

The bottom line is, did the game have any negative impact on the current GN'R line up? - I doubt so ;)

I can be called on as a witness for Axl Rose.

I for one became very confused by Slash's avatar being included in the game. After playing it, I thought that Slash was the lead guitarist on the recording of Welcome to the Jungle. It also prompted me to attend a Velvet Revolver concert. I will testify on Axl's behalf. This is an injustice.

isn't this a really old law suite now??

im pretty sure axl will win as everything to do with original guns n roses is basically owned by him

It finally came to court this year. Its taken a while. Once the judge ruled it could go ahead, everyone went away, presumably to return another day.

Indeed, Rose's filing asserts that Activision explicitly promised not to use images of any former members of GnR in the game. Even more surprising, Activision EVP of Music Affairs Tim Riley is quoted as saying "Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

source

Sure this news is old, but it's the first I've read about Activision's Tim Riley making a comment about Beta. What's the comment mean ?

The alleged quote from Riley was said to Beta and meant that she shouldn't believe the online sources that claimed Slash and Velvet Revolver would be used in GH III.

Activision ended their relationship with Guitar Hero. Whether or not it has to do with Axl, the novelty of it wore off.

Bet a few fans show up for the jury trial, if it gets that far.

Case Number: BC450057

W AXL ROSE ET AL VS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC ET AL

Filing Date: 11/23/2010

Case Type: Fraud (no contract) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

08/14/2012 at 08:31 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Motion for Summary Judgment (C/F 4/10/12)

01/25/2013 at 08:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Final Status Conference

02/04/2013 at 09:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Jury Trial (5-7 days time estimate)

Edited by dalsh327

source

The alleged quote from Riley was said to Beta and meant that she shouldn't believe the online sources that claimed Slash and Velvet Revolver would be used in GH III.

I located that info in the complaint also.

Activision ended their relationship with Guitar Hero. Whether or not it has to do with Axl, the novelty of it wore off.

Bet a few fans show up for the jury trial, if it gets that far.

Case Number: BC450057

W AXL ROSE ET AL VS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC ET AL

Filing Date: 11/23/2010

Case Type: Fraud (no contract) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

08/14/2012 at 08:31 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Motion for Summary Judgment (C/F 4/10/12)

01/25/2013 at 08:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Final Status Conference

02/04/2013 at 09:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Jury Trial (5-7 days time estimate)

It will be interesting to see the out come. Its been going on for years this one.

Reading those docs, there's alot about how much the song means to Axl, and how Axl is focused on the future of Guns N'Roses and not the past. I'm sure the song in question is important to all involved in its creation. If Axl is focused on the future, then why be so bothered with a song from the past ? he was after all happy for it to be used in exchange for money.

id axl is so focused on the future of guns n roses and not the past...axl should stop playing slash live on 2012 guns n roses world tours. oh wait. over 90% of the 2012 guns n roses concert setlist is slash. OOPS

Exactly. Axl's a dumbass. He's biting the hand that feeds, and that's Spash's legacy. :lol:

axl makes millions off slash every night at every 2012 guns n roses world tour concert. so why can't a video game make millions off slash too?

Exactly. Axl's a dumbass. He's biting the hand that feeds, and that's Spash's legacy. :lol:

axl makes millions off slash every night at every 2012 guns n roses world tour concert. so why can't a video game make millions off slash too?

Because Spash bullied Waxl so he went off to cry and tell mommy (the courts).

Because Spash bullied Waxl so he went off to cry and tell mommy (the courts).

axl cries wolf and tells beta? how stupid

id axl is so focused on the future of guns n roses and not the past...axl should stop playing slash live on 2012 guns n roses world tours. oh wait. over 90% of the 2012 guns n roses concert setlist is slash. OOPS

Slash himself stated both Izzy and Axl contributed more to AFD than he did.

That's why some songs are simply not played live, where as the Axl/Izzy/Duff stuff is.

With the exception of some of the hits.

And frankly, given VR and Slash solo play some of it live, you can't bitch about one and not the other.

Here's what the whole scenario is between Waxl and Spash in a nutshell. It started in the eary nineties.

Waxl: You're the best Smash. You're my best friend. Give me your lunch money.

Spash: No fuck you Paxil. Get your own lunch money.

Waxl: Waaaaaaaaah.

but axl plays more slash and duff than dj and ron at 2012 guns n roses concerts. in fact, axl doesn't play dj and ron. cause dj and ron have 0 guns n roses song writing credits and 0 guns n roses recording credits. overdubs don't count. axl stuck on slash. axl stuck on the past. axl ain't movin' forwarded 2 the city

Someone said something to someone and something happened. That pretty much reminds me of the track I am listening to by the band called Dirty Dozen. They are pretty dirty. Like the fuckin sewing system under the streets of Detroit. THAT DIRTY.

What is all that again? :rolleyes: Thats what you do ALL DAY? Open topics which been ALL discussed before? Oh I see. Kinda a bitch when you run out, hey, try rap! It will never run out! EVER! Word son. Not even if you die and reincarnate as a butterfly, and her fuckin effect! Which lives for a day anyway and it bores the fuck out of me.

*posts picture of DJ touchin holy grave somewhere in Jeruslame? I am so into religion! Scriptures & bibles, whooo! Only Slash could walk on water, DJ. :max:

Who posted what to whom what? Who cares? When the next gnr gig will be on? I am sick of boring stupid shit. Fuck that!

Axl is lovely. And so is his cats! And Beta is lovely and Slash is lovely - when he doesnt talk stupid boring shit and he is been Slash but hm anyway, yeah whateva. I am fuckin shit of all that shit! :D I should have stayed in Detroit really, at least I knew what was going on cause I was reading the internet also there, Kim. Here is a nice song to listen to, plus it includes Duff!

This.