"Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

vaida

Despite the fact that Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996, his association with the band lingers, at least as far as certain member of the media are concerned.

This lawsuit is one of the dumbest things Axl has ever pulled.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the fact that Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996, his association with the band lingers, at least as far as certain member of the media are concerned.

iu

No it was justified,and if it had been deeemed frivolous the judge would have dismissed it.

Arnold you should get a girl.

This.

This is all too amusing. Damn I have to go to work now.

have a great day Redhead!!! :)

Only if he loses. Pretty smart if he wins if you ask me. I'd take a free $20 million.

Only if he loses. Pretty smart if he wins if you ask me. I'd take a free $20 million.

The lawsuit itself makes sense to file as Activision lied to Axl (as it's claimed) but for Axl to repeatedly email Activision asking and making sure that Slash/VR's image won't be used in the game because it will "distort perception of the band's image" is ridiculous. Slash is a huge part of GNR's image and if Axl cares THAT much about changing that, he could start by releasing his own music, making public appearances, and doing band-like things. All of those would work better then filing lawsuits to attempt to discontinue Slash's association with GNR's legacy.

The lawsuit itself makes sense to file as Activision lied to Axl (as it's claimed) but for Axl to repeatedly email Activision asking and making sure that Slash/VR's image won't be used in the game because it will "distort perception of the band's image" is ridiculous. Slash is a huge part of GNR's image and if Axl cares THAT much about changing that, he could start by releasing his own music, making public appearances, and doing band-like things. All of those would work better then filing lawsuits to attempt to discontinue Slash's association with GNR's legacy.

At the trial, Axl (sure he won't be there, but he should attend) should be asked: 'if your focus is for the future, the future of your new band, why did not simply offer a song by the current line up?'.

I agree with all of that.

I agree with all of that.

Me too. Well said.

End of thread as far as I'm concerned. Great post.

Fantastic post, I completely agree

Slash had nothing to do with Gn'rs ongoing popularity since 1996. It clearly was the steady stream of touring and new material produced by Axl Rose :rolleyes:

Also, of course, Velvet Revolver did nothing to help make the public aware of Gn'rs legacy. No one even knows Slash was in Gnr!

Slash had nothing to do with Gn'rs ongoing popularity since 1996. It clearly was the steady stream of touring and new material produced by Axl Rose :rolleyes:

Also, of course, Velvet Revolver did nothing to help make the public aware of Gn'rs legacy. No one even knows Slash was in Gnr!

So?

So?

The basic claims of the complaint are bull shit. I hope he wins though, get that money Axl!

So?

The basic claims of the complaint are bull shit. I hope he wins though, get that money Axl!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that payday at all.

So?

Maybe they're bullshit, but it's all about what was agreed on. As soon as Axl found out Slash was going to be involved, knowing he agreed to continue licensing songs to them, he prob. didn't have anything in writing and it's just a flurry of emails and lawyers letters that Activision went "okay, we'll take care of that later".

Fantstic post. I agree with every word.

goes deeper than that,Vivaldi who purchsed.Activision/Blizzard the manufactuers of Rock Star ALso is the parent company of UMG.

goes deeper than that,Vivaldi who purchsed.Activision/Blizzard the manufactuers of Rock Star ALso is the parent company of UMG.

Vivendi*

Read the whole lawsuit. Axl is right. His are the rights to WTTJ, he can do whatever he wants to do with it.

Go for it and sue the hell from those fuckers Axl!!!

Read the whole lawsuit. Axl is right. His are the rights to WTTJ, he can do whatever he wants to do with it.

Go for it and sue the hell from those fuckers Axl!!!

hell yeah!!

axl should be thrilled that people associate slash with gnr. people love slash.

I dont,he is evil

Edited by sailaway