"Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

vaida

Is things like this that get Axl his reputation as a dickhead.

We are supposed to accept that Slash was evil by talking some shit about Axl in thr press many many years ago. After quitting a band because their was too much friction between the two.

But Axl continuously pulls these shitty disrespectful stunts. Nothing slash said about Axl was as bad as trying to tell people Slash is not associated with Welcomd To The Jungle.

Fortunately thr public are not fools.

Also that sentence about Slash is nothing to go with thr bands successes since 1996. Well that part is a lie.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is things like this that get Axl his reputation as a dickhead.

We are supposed to accept that Slash was evil by talking some shit about Axl in thr press many many years ago. After quitting a band because their was too much friction between the two.

But Axl continuously pulls these shitty disrespectful stunts. Nothing slash said about Axl was as bad as trying to tell people Slash is not associated with Welcomd To The Jungle.

Fortunately thr public are not fools.

Also that sentence about Slash is nothing to go with thr bands successes since 1996. Well that part is a lie.

Well put. Without the past, Axl wouldn't be where he is now. Axl claims he only performs the old songs for 'the fans'. Reality is, without the old songs, Axl's 2012 shows would be somewhat dull.

Edited by vaida

This is all petty imo and as much as I love Axl, he really needs to realize that we have no control over things like this. Usually, people of his age have gotten to the point where they realize just how little control we truly have in this life and move past things of this nature. I know he's hurt, and bitter/angry over the things Slash said, and he has all the right to be. But to continue on for the rest of his life, filing lawsuit after lawsuit and carrying on like this, to me, is a waste of time/energy. If this is truly a "divorce", as he says it is, then it's time to move on. He needs to forget the old band, make new music and reinvent himself and the name Guns N Roses.

Nintari,no hostility here,but if you made a legal business contract with a company and they arbeitrarily broke said contract,you wouldnt pursue it legally? I certainly would.

If it meant loss of revenue to the point where I might be in financial ruin? Sure. But if it's just a breach of contract? Idk. Axl's been in so many lawsuits, you'd think he'd just put a check in the box of companies not to do business with in the future and move on.

This is all petty imo and as much as I love Axl, he really needs to realize that we have no control over things like this. Usually, people of his age have gotten to the point where they realize just how little control we truly have in this life and move past things of this nature. I know he's hurt, and bitter/angry over the things Slash said, and he has all the right to be. But to continue on for the rest of his life, filing lawsuit after lawsuit and carrying on like this, to me, is a waste of time/energy. If this is truly a "divorce", as he says it is, then it's time to move on. He needs to forget the old band, make rightnew music and reinvent himself and the name Guns N Roses.

Nintari,no hostility here,but if you made a legal business contract with a company and they arbeitrarily broke said contract,you wouldnt pursue it legally? I certainly would.

If it meant loss of revenue to the point where I might be in financial ruin? Sure. But if it's just a breach of contract? Idk. Axl's been in so many lawsuits, you'd think he'd just put a check in the box of companies not to do business with in the future and move on.

I think its simply the matter of wrong vs right,and It was a personal affront/issue.

Some things are simply worth standing up for imo. :)

And if I were Slash,I would make a legal document saying that no one in any future endeavors of GNR can use my image,Meaning no one that is in,or joins GNR could use my likenesses.In other words,no top hat of any kind,no clothing resembling his clothing that was worn during his existence in GNR etc,etc,etc.

He doesnt have a monopoly on the top hat :lol:

ever heard of Marc Bolan? Not to mention Stevie knicks,Alice Cooper,George Harrison in the movie ".HELP" all wore top hats before slash.

And I'm not even mentioning Mr.Peanut,Uncle Sam,and the little man in monopoly. :takethat:

Couldn't he do so though if he copyrighted his image?People have put copyrights on stuff more stupid than that!

not being arguementative,but they manufacture slash halloween costumes.

I think its a bit late to go claiming copyrights. :)

This is all petty imo and as much as I love Axl, he really needs to realize that we have no control over things like this. Usually, people of his age have gotten to the point where they realize just how little control we truly have in this life and move past things of this nature. I know he's hurt, and bitter/angry over the things Slash said, and he has all the right to be. But to continue on for the rest of his life, filing lawsuit after lawsuit and carrying on like this, to me, is a waste of time/energy. If this is truly a "divorce", as he says it is, then it's time to move on. He needs to forget the old band, make new music and reinvent himself and the name Guns N Roses.

I think his point was, why waste time putting it into the contract to begin with?

exactly chris 55,good analysis in a nutshell :)

My 'guess' is AXl probably made from Slash+GHIII than it would have cost him in harm to future branding :D

Maybe Slash should sue Axl for destroying the GN'R brand, by becoming an ever bigger ass :D

My 'guess' is AXl probably made from Slash+GHIII than it would have cost him in harm to future branding :D

Maybe Slash should sue Axl for destroying the GN'R brand, by becoming an ever bigger ass :D

Maybe Slash would have if he hadn't been stupid enough to sign his rights away. Seriously, what a moron. :lol:

Maybe Slash would have if he hadn't been stupid enough to sign his rights away. Seriously, what a moron. :lol:

If Slash could be arsed, he, along with Duff, Izzy, Adler could sue Axl to claim back their 1/5th of the name. I guess those 4 will always be more rock n'roll than Axl could ever be. Beyond the precious piece of paper Axl hangs on to, we all know Slash Adler Duff Izzy will always be 1/5th Guns N'Roses during the years that counted most. The years those 5 made happen.

Edited by vaida

If Slash could be arsed, he, along with Duff, Izzy, Adler could sue Axl to claim back their 1/5th of the name. I guess those 4 will always be more rock n'roll than Axl could ever be. Beyond the precious piece of paper Axl hangs on to, we all know Slash Adler Duff Izzy will always be 1/5th Guns N'Roses during the years that counted most. The years those 5 made happen.

There is nothing Slash or the others could ever do to get back a stake in the name. That ship has sailed.

Ali

There is nothing Slash or the others could ever do to get back a stake in the name. That ship has sailed.

Ali

Axl said they never tried to claim they were under duress, even after they were out of the band. It came across that what annoyed them the most was Doug Goldstein being a part of owning and controlling Guns N Roses. I mean, for all we know, he went around and talked about himself like he was a band member. We have no idea what he got out of the deal, and how he ended it with Axl, or still gets residuals of some sort. Takes some detective work, whatever's in the LA county files.

There's prob. a lawyer that could find a way to get the stake in the name, but it would be too costly and kind of pointless. I'm sure they consulted entertainment lawyers about what they could do.

Guitar Hero prob. could've just had some cover band sing and perform it.

They tried that and failed. Now they have to live with their stupidity. I find it hilarious that someone could be so stupid in the first place. It's up there with PeeWee in a movie theatre for dumbest decisions by famous people. :lol:

"Stupid" would've been signing away the publishing. It just meant Slash doesn't get any Chinese Democracy T-shirt money, or can tour with Duff and Izzy & call it GNR. They did how many sold out shows on the Illusions tour? Enough to be set for life, isn't it?

"Stupid" would've been signing away the publishing. It just meant Slash doesn't get any Chinese Democracy T-shirt money, or can tour with Duff and Izzy & call it GNR. They did how many sold out shows on the Illusions tour? Enough to be set for life, isn't it?

So they wouldn't be selling more tickets today with the name?! Which is it, because according to most of you, that's the only reason that Axl sells tickets.

Yes, it was stupid to sign away the name and no stupid excuse changes that fact.

Ali

Axl said they never tried to claim they were under duress, even after they were out of the band. It came across that what annoyed them the most was Doug Goldstein being a part of owning and controlling Guns N Roses. I mean, for all we know, he went around and talked about himself like he was a band member. We have no idea what he got out of the deal, and how he ended it with Axl, or still gets residuals of some sort. Takes some detective work, whatever's in the LA county files.

There's prob. a lawyer that could find a way to get the stake in the name, but it would be too costly and kind of pointless. I'm sure they consulted entertainment lawyers about what they could do.

Guitar Hero prob. could've just had some cover band sing and perform it.

No, a lawyer could not find a way to get a stake in the name now. The statute of limitations for written contracts in California is 4 years. That has long since passed. There is absolutely nothing they could do now, which doesn't even touch the issue of whether or not they have a legitimate claim to do anything to begin with.

Ali

So they wouldn't be selling more tickets today with the name?! Which is it, because according to most of you, that's the only reason that Axl sells tickets.

Yes, it was stupid to sign away the name and no stupid excuse changes that fact.

But then we come back round to that old tired argument of how a band can possibly be a band with only one person remaining. They may have been stupid but at least they can sleep at night knowing they are not a laughing stock.

But then we come back round to that old tired argument of how a band can possibly be a band with only one person remaining. They may have been stupid but at least they can sleep at night knowing they are not a laughing stock.

Yes they are. They will forever be the dumbasses that signed away a fortune. I laugh at them every time I think about it. :shrugs:

Yes they are. They will forever be the dumbasses that signed away a fortune. I laugh at them every time I think about it. :shrugs:

But I know that you don't really laugh every time you think about it. I'm also pretty sure you don't think about "it" very often.

But I know that you don't really laugh every time you think about it. I'm also pretty sure you don't think about "it" very often.

I think about it every time it is brought up in these forums, so quite frequently. Sometimes it gives me a laugh, other times not. Right now it is though.

I think about it every time it is brought up in these forums, so quite frequently. Sometimes it gives me a laugh, other times not. Right now it is though.

You were the one who brought it up though. Take a look back through the thread. Did you feel like laughing and bring the topic up because it's your fail safe way of making you laugh? You seem quite wierd.

You were the one who brought it up though. Take a look back through the thread. Did you feel like laughing and bring the topic up because it's your fail safe way of making you laugh? You seem quite wierd.

I brought it up because it was relevant to what was being discussed. It's weird that you weren't able to comprehend that. You said that they weren't laughingstocks, I corrected you. It is both stupid and laughable that they signed away the name.

Did anybody ever really answer this?

Does Slash ever play Welcome To The Jungle live?I mean after reading all that bull shit,it would seem as if Slash has no right to even play it live or whenever the hell he feels like,in the presence of fans/other people....especially if a ticket to the performance was bought.Wouldn't Slash be making money off of the song in that type of situation?Maybe it has to do with Slash is still recognized as Slash and Axl isn't so much recognized as Axl or the way he used to be recognized visually?Who know?Just grow up already!

Did anybody ever really answer this?

Does Slash ever play Welcome To The Jungle live?I mean after reading all that bull shit,it would seem as if Slash has no right to even play it live or whenever the hell he feels like,in the presence of fans/other people....especially if a ticket to the performance was bought.Wouldn't Slash be making money off of the song in that type of situation?Maybe it has to do with Slash is still recognized as Slash and Axl isn't so much recognized as Axl or the way he used to be recognized visually?Who know?Just grow up already!

Yes, yes, maybe, nobody.

Anything else?

Every artist who has come up with a solo project or gone solo had to go back to the clubs and/or theaters.

Every artist who has come up with a solo project or gone solo had to go back to the clubs and/or theaters.

Tell that to Axl (This is a solo project right? I hear that all the time.), Ozzy, Paul McCartney and Micheal Jackson. Along with too many others to mention. Even if you were right, which you're not, what does that have to do with anything whatsoever. Are you somehow trying to say that it was smart of them to sign over the name so they could play clubs solo? Hahaha, that's ridiculous.