GN'R at the 2012 VMAs

inthisriver

Will GNR perform at the 2012 VMAs?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL, 'tis that time of year again. I'm a big fan, but Axl/GNR certainly know how to squander a golden opportunity. What better way to premier a new single? I think it would certainly change any former opinions that were based on the '02 performance (which in actuality, wasn't all that bad, blown way out of proportion). They'll still be in tour mode, all they gotta do is go out there and give it 100% one time and hit it out of the park, and it could be a situation that gives them momentum to the moon. I have no reason to believe it'll happen, but it certainly should...

Are they relevant enough? In 2002 it was exiting because it was one of the first appearances GNR made save for a few gigs, and it was all still very new and exiting (although we all know how the performance turned out). Nowadays GNR has done their tours and gigs, released a record that wasn't a landmark entity, and just simply aren't relevant enough for the VMAs IMO.

Don't get me wrong I personally would love to see it happen, but I am just being a realist here - in an age of indie bands dominating the rock scene like Arctic Monkeys, Bon Iver, Radiohead, etc. and all those pop artists that are big nowadays, I just can't see GNR fitting into what I have seen from the VMAs these past few years.

Edited by WhazUp

There's not a chance in hell the Super Bowl would book anything but the classic 5 members. Way too big an international stage and the NFL would not take any of Axl's shit. They would tie him up and roll him out like Hannibal Lector to make sure he was on time! Unless it's a full-on reunion, no way.

That being said, I'd love to see it! My wallet would hate it cuz I'd have to go, but-----

Whoops, forgot about the VMA's. Pretty doubtful, but anything is possible. I think Ron could tough out one 6 minute gig.

Edited by scans n' copies