Anybody a fan of indie pop?

Jukebox the Ghost - Safe Travels

Voxtrot - Voxtrot

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Good picks.

Try Animal Collective - Feels

Silversun Pickups - Swoon

The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

I'll definitely check them out! I've heard a few songs by the last two.

I actually saw both Jukebox the Ghost and Vampire Weekend live last month. The JtG concert was second only to the two Guns N' Roses concerts I've been to. Ben Thornewill's voice is gold. Even got a picture with him!

Saw Vampire Weekend at Pitchfork, was a very good time.

Which Nirvana and Pink Floyd CDs should I purchase? I'm trying to save the environment, so I'm wondering which ones I should drop off at the recycling center to make space for artists that deserve to have their music recorded.

all nirvana

all pink floyd until meddle :awesomeface:

Which Nirvana and Pink Floyd CDs should I purchase? I'm trying to save the environment, so I'm wondering which ones I should drop off at the recycling center to make space for artists that deserve to have their music recorded.

I know you're just trying to bug Arnold and I respect that. But please remember some other people like those bands too. -_-

Band: Judas Priest

Best albums: Defenders Of The Faith, Stained Class, Screaming For Vengeance

Best?

Painkiller and Sad Wings are better than all of those. But this is one of those bands where you should start with a live album, imo. Unleashed in the East all the way.

painkiller is their best album but stained class and defenders of the faith are killer and unleshed in the east is one of the greatest live albums of all time

Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen.

Hit me 'up.

early 60's Dylan - "pure" folk:

- The Freewheelin'

late 60's Dylan - more electric stuff:

- Blonde On Blonde

70's Dylan:

- Blood On The Tracks

Modern Dylan

- Modern Times

Then decide which Dylan you prefer and explore another album or two from that era. There's a million ways to go with him, but these would be my first picks anyway.

I do have good follow-ups for any of these Dylan era's as well. We'll get to that later.

Springsteen:

- Born To Run

- The River

- The Rising

After that go with Born In The USA and/or Darkness On The Edge Of Town.

Bob Dylan, Blur, Bruce Springsteen, The Cure, David Bowie.

Hit me 'up.

Blur - Parklife -but you could start with anything between that and 13 and be fine

Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town

Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars -there's just not any better starting point for Bowie.

First of all, great thread !

Some recommendations :

Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil

Black Label Society - Order of the Black

Foo Fighters - Self Titled or Color and the Shape

Mayfield Four - Second Skin

Silverchair - Freak Show

Trivium - The Crusade or Shogun

Trail of Dead: Source Tags & Codes

Arctic Monkeys: Humbug

Big Black: Songs About Fucking

Shellac: 1000 Hurts

Dr. Dre: The Chronic

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat the Devil's Tattoo

The Prodigy: Fat of the Land

The White Stripes: White Blood Cells

Pixies: Doolittle

Gorillaz: Plastic Beach

Kasabian: West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Pavement: Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

Modest Mouse: This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About

Happy Mondays: Bummed

Nine Inch Nails: The Fragile

Not all of these are their best albums, but each is the greatest starting point I can think for the artist.

Which Queen and NIN CDs should I purchase? I'm trying to save the environment, so I'm wondering which ones I should drop off at the recycling center to make space for artists that deserve to have their music recorded.

For NIN definitely not Pretty Hate Machine because it's got 'Something I Can Never Have' on it and I think you'll be able to relate to it really well. It might become a sort of anthem or something for you. ;)

Guest Len B'stard

I reckon if we took a poll on this forum on who has got the shittest music taste you'd be in the top 5 at least :lol: U2, case fuckin' closed. And there's nothing worse than a young Black Sabbath fan because essentially a lot of em are just people that fell in love with a Reality TV show.

I reckon if we took a poll on this forum on who has got the shittest music taste you'd be in the top 5 at least :lol: U2, case fuckin' closed. And there's nothing worse than a young Black Sabbath fan because essentially a lot of em are just people that fell in love with a Reality TV show.

U2's better than PiL or Sex Pistols.

:jerkoff: