Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"Oh My God"--The ultimate "New" GN'R song.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Towelie

Towelie

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • 01-February 10
Brilliant song.

Although, it has to be said...

Shacklers > OMG
"If you cannot stand this fake world, if you cannot stand this fake world, take my hand if you cannot stand this fake world."

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,413 posts
  • 15-July 03
Why would it have been on CD, wasn't it already released on another album?

And did it do anything at all success wise when it came out?

What members of the current band were involved in writing it?

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,873 posts
  • 10-July 07
I like Riad, but CD would have been a lot greatest with a well, reworked OMG in place of that track.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

UcudBmine

UcudBmine

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • 24-May 07
OMG is easily one of my favorite GN'R songs if not my favorite.

zq7k.jpg

Guest_Gunns_*

Guest_Gunns_*
  • Guests
  • --
One of my favourite songs of all time

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Loved the "demo" so if they can rework it onto CD2 that would be awesome!

6lfBCJD.jpg

mr.flibble

mr.flibble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • 05-April 05
I love Oh My God, I originally remember downloading it from Napster during Christmas 99' and instantly falling in love with it.

Didn't Axl say during his chats that the version that came out on End of Day's is only the demo, and that its been reworked? But at the moment, there are no plans to release the reworked version? I hope that plan changes, and the fact that it was an option on the recent setlist, gives me hope that that plan has changed

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,742 posts
  • 12-January 05
As long as we're talking about re-working things, how about a re-worked Scraped? In the second chorus, there's like two different vocal choruses going at once, and it sounds like the better one is quieter. I like the chords at that part though.

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

Best thing Axl has done since 89.

... :blink:

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,413 posts
  • 15-July 03
Axl releasing a reworked song that flopped a decade who would be a huge blunder for the current band. People already call them a cover and touring band. Now u want them to re-release old songs?

I understand a few of you love it and that is cool. I think Yesterdays should have been a huge hit. And civil war might have been the best song of the 90s. But I sure don't want the new band to redo them and put them on the next album.

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • 04-July 08

Axl releasing a reworked song that flopped a decade who would be a huge blunder for the current band. People already call them a cover and touring band. Now u want them to re-release old songs?

I understand a few of you love it and that is cool. I think Yesterdays should have been a huge hit. And civil war might have been the best song of the 90s. But I sure don't want the new band to redo them and put them on the next album.

The OMG they released in '99 was a demo that was from what I heard was forced out of the band.

I hope the reworked one finds itself properly released on an album. The song was great in demo form, and has potential to be an amazing track when finished. The bits heard for the Rio rehearsals got me excited to hear it.

Guest_Gunns_*

Guest_Gunns_*
  • Guests
  • --
I'm all up for a reworked oh my god

axls angel down vocals would be great on the track

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts
  • 28-March 04
Great fucking song. I hope 'cd2' will have some of that dark fucking anger at least on some of the material.

I wish Axl reworked it and included Oh My God on Chinese Democracy. I still love and listen to this song 13 years later.

Got my ticket to the rollercoaster of destruction. It's never too late to ride. :o

chevelle

chevelle

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts
  • 26-June 05
OMG is everything the new GNR should've been.

My 8-Bit Music. My Vinyl Collection.
Posted Image
November 5th, 2006 - Continental Airlines Arena

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • 12-December 08
Great song!

0 user(s) are reading this topic