The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

I haven't listened to the full Adele song yet, only the 90 second preview of it. I'll download the leak when I get home tonight.

I dig it, what I've heard anyways. I'm not a fan of Adele's music but she's got the right voice and the retro feel is fitting for the 50th Anniversary. Much better than the garbage that Jack White and Alicia Keys gave us for Quantum of Solace.

Daniel Kleinman is back as a the title designer too, so I imagine we'll have a great sequence to go with the song. I never cared for MK12's titles for Quantum. Very bland.

Connery WAS awesome, my absolute favourite. And those amazing 60s suits he wore were pretty goddamn dashing too. Not to mention the hot Bond girls in all the Connery films, but Daniel Craig runs close second. Easily better than all the others after Connery.

I want to go on record and say that the last three Bond themes sucked so much ass. Skyfall is the best since The World is Not Enough.

You didn't like You Know My Name? I thought the theme worked great for the introduction of Craig's Bond. The song itself is based around the progression from the Bond theme so I loved how the melody from the song became David Arnold's dominant theme throughout the score, saving the Bond theme until the very end. I always associate that melody with Craig's Bond now, so for that reason, I'd call You Know My Name one of the best themes in the franchise.

I agree with the others though. Die Another Day is the absolute worst song in the franchise, and Another Way To Die was a lame disappointment.

The Living Daylights is awesome. Best Bond songs of the 80s. I also like A View To A Kill even though I can't stand Duran Duran. I'm with you guys on The World Is Not Enough. Great song, almost underrated in that you hardly see it mentioned among the great Bond songs even though it deserves to be there.

He doesn't even look like James Bond.

So what exactly is James Bond supposed to look like? Sean Connery being the first I suppose set the benchmark for what Bond is 'supposed' to look like, but none of the 5 Bond players after Connery look anything like him and Pierce Brosnan certainly doesn't. :shrugs:

Unlike many of the actors post Connery, Daniel Craig can really act and the stunt performances are exceptional, especially taking into account the advancements with production and post production techniques. IMO his films make most of the previous Bond films look almost B grade in comparison. The Connery films stand the test of time for coolness (just can't beat the 60s styling) but Craig's films are just high quality on every front.

Edited by Redhead74