The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it. Hated it. Bond was out of character the whole film. Fucks sake your a cold blooded assassin, cool car driving,, womanising badass! Get vodka swilling and necking on already! James Bond was nowhere to be seen in this movie.

• 10 months later...

Overall it's been a pretty lackluster 60th Anniversary this year for Bond, but with tomorrow being the day I figured it was worth bumping the thread.

There will be a new documentary on Prime called The Sound Of 007. The concert of the same name will also be available for streaming and includes many alumni like Dame Shirley Bassey, Garbage, and composers David Arnold and Hans Zimmer.

In addition to that, all the films will make their debut on Prime in 4K. Apparently the home video distribution deal won't be settled until next year so we might have to wait longer for physical copies.

As far as the future of the series - we know Barbara Broccoli has said they're a couple of years away from seriously beginning work on the next film but that they expect they will move on with a Bond in his thirties and the usual writing team.

And, of course, the news that after years of legalities in the way GoldenEye 007 will finally be making its way to Xbox consoles and Nintendo Switch Online. Unfortunately, it's not the previously abandoned Xbox Live Arcade remaster but instead a port of the Nintendo 64 version. Still, it's something and it'll be great to get the game on modern consoles.

• James Bond changed the title to The James Bond Thread: 60th Anniversary Edition

I'm really not into that. Granted, I don't know who I want but I just know I don't want him or Tom Hardy. I think they're both a little too high profile to be cast at this point anyway. Cavill is just kind of boring to me. He has the look, but he's never blown me away in anything.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

They want a new James Bond in his 30's. Makes sense. I heard that the next actor to play Bond has to sign on for 10 more Bond movies. Interesting.

I did love Daniel Craig, but yeah, this series does need a younger Bond. 

There is zero chance we ever see a Bond actor go for ten films nowadays. The turnaround time between films is just too long, and there really isn't a way to whittle the time in-between down all that much. Bond films are a much bigger production now than they ever were up through Brosnan, and even taking that into account the last time there was a Bond film in consecutive years was 1973 and 1974. Too much goes into doing a Bond film nowadays, and even if there was a way to cut down the (pre)production time, to have an actor do a ten film run that would literally be their entire career for the next fifteen years. Not happening. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 7:04 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

They want a new James Bond in his 30's. Makes sense. I heard that the next actor to play Bond has to sign on for 10 more Bond movies. Interesting.

I did love Daniel Craig, but yeah, this series does need a younger Bond. 

He has to sign for 10 - 12 years. Not movies.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

No Time to Die has become the highest grossing non Chinese film since Rise of Skywalker

I liked this Bond alot. Sorry to see Daniel Craig go. He was a great Bond after Sean Connery.

55 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

He has to sign for 10 - 12 years. Not movies.

Sign 10 to 12 years doing what, if not more Bond movies.

Just want Bond to stay a man. don't change it to a woman. No one would care. lol

Robbie Coltrane has passed away:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63261204

I just rewatched GoldenEye a couple weeks ago. He was a fantastic ally for Pierce's Bond and I remember being over the moon as a kid when they brought him back for The World Is Not Enough which was my first Bond at the cinema.

For many, he's Hagrid. For us, he's Valentin.

• James Bond changed the title to The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane