The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

Finally listed to the Radiohead song. I guess it's marginally better than Sam Smith, but alas both fail in the interest department. I'm starting to think that when Sony's music department went artist scouting they requested a slow paced song with castrated vocals.

Off topic, but I got the SPECTRE edition bottle of Belvedere vodka for Christmas. Can't wait to break that open :)

Nice! I think this might be the first Christmas ever that I didn't get anything Bond related. Well, some boxer shorts that say Shaken, Not Stirred I guess. Indirectly - Duran Duran tickets. Never mind, I did get Bond stuff. :lol:

The Radiohead song is too boring. Smith's hooray for tolerance!y ass song is more bombast. Radiohead tries to use that snooty miminalist crap. Less is more :jerkoff:

Fuck that shit, James Bond music has to be fucking epic, in your face. Has to hook on to you and never let you go. Thom Yorke or whatever his name is, has a weak bitch ass voice. Can't understand a fucking word he is saying.

Sorry people, between Radioqueer and Blow Job Lips Del Ray, I will have to go with Sam Smith here.

• Like 1

The Radiohead song is too boring. Smith's hooray for tolerance!y ass song is more bombast. Radiohead tries to use that snooty miminalist crap. Less is more :jerkoff:

Fuck that shit, James Bond music has to be fucking epic, in your face. Has to hook on to you and never let you go. Thom Yorke or whatever his name is, has a weak bitch ass voice. Can't understand a fucking word he is saying.

Sorry people, between Radioqueer and Blow Job Lips Del Ray, I will have to go with Sam Smith here.

Tell us how you really feel

I feel nothing.

Just like Renard?

Well, SPECTRE made it to $850 million despite its theater count getting annihilated this past week. All in all, it was a good run and my prediction was pretty accurate.

It really is pretty good for James Bond. With the script problems and lackluster plot, I am surprised it made it this far.

I feel nothing.

Just like Renard?

Well, SPECTRE made it to $850 million despite its theater count getting annihilated this past week. All in all, it was a good run and my prediction was pretty accurate.

It really is pretty good for James Bond. With the script problems and lackluster plot, I am surprised it made it this far.

No kidding. It certainly proves how popular Craig is as Bond. $850 million is pretty good for what was "just another Bond movie" for audiences this year.

I do blame the studio. Mendes was fine, but delaying the film for him meant more time to tinker with the script. Had we got the 2014 film as planned, they probably would have saved SPECTRE for another film instead of shoehorning it in as we got it. Mendes and Craig wanted to do a classic Bond (as per their interviews) but the studio clearly wanted Skyfall: Part 2. What we got is somewhere in the middle, and the clash of styles can be felt on the screen and in the plot.

Gaps have been good for Bond in the past, but when they don't trust their writers then it just allows more time for them to tinker with a script. Think about it - the writers of DAD actually saved SPECTRE at the eleventh hour. Let that sink in. :lol:

Here's hoping for a winter 2017 release for the next one. They can get right down to business come early 2016 like Babs said they would. Not too much time to overthink it which is exactly what I think happened with SPECTRE. As a side note, Star Wars comes out in the spring that year so that won't be direct competition either.

And yes, bring back Felix. At least we got a name drop but still, Wright is too good an actor not to come back at least one more time.

Craig and Wright back with a P&W script directed by Martin Campbell.

It would have been a better film if they just let them make another classic instead of build upon the success of Skyfall. Skyfall left very little for a sequel. It was a one shot deal and just look on to the next one. Bring back SPECTRE? Fine. Blofeld? Sure. But tie it with the other films? Past James Bond films made subtle hints at connections but they didn't make it obvious. That was the fault in SPECTRE.

Still, it could have been a lot worse. I just like to pretend Silva had little to do with Spectre.

It would have been a better film if they just let them make another classic instead of build upon the success of Skyfall. Skyfall left very little for a sequel. It was a one shot deal and just look on to the next one. Bring back SPECTRE? Fine. Blofeld? Sure. But tie it with the other films? Past James Bond films made subtle hints at connections but they didn't make it obvious. That was the fault in SPECTRE.

Still, it could have been a lot worse. I just like to pretend Silva had little to do with Spectre.

Silva felt the most shoehorned so it would have been better for them to ignore him because clearly he wasn't part of it. I think that's the only real part I have a problem with. Skyfall, like Goldfinger, should have been left as a standalone. Quantum and Mr. White? Sure, especially since Quantum was clearly intended to be a SPECTRE substitute. White's dialogue also gave good reason why he left the organization (Blofeld had gone too far) and therefore it's fair to assume Quantum was absorbed by SPECTRE. Silva just doesn't add up.