2012 Tour Music Awards

trqster

With the end of 2012's 'Greatest Hits' tours, it's time to give some love for the best performances of the year.

Here are my personal choices, most from the amazing Philly show in February.

Welcome to the Jungle - Philly Feb '12

Sorry - Philly Feb '12

Street Of Dreams - Philly Feb '12

Rocket Queen - Philly Feb '12

Better - Philly Feb '12

Live and Let Die - Philly Feb '12

Shackler's Revenge - Philly Feb '12

This I Love - Philly Feb '12

And my nomination for the single best performance of the year is You're Crazy from Philly show - Axl's voice was full of rasp and insanely strong and the band put one hell of a performance. Hard to beat this in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCrHW5PfuY&feature=relmfu

Edited by trqster

Another really good video of that performance of DF.

Thanks! Replaced my original DF link with this one. :)

It's a shame that a topic like this that gives some love back to Axl & the band after half a year of touring, seems so uninteresting to most ´fans´on the forum. Oh well... :shrugs:

It's a shame that a topic like this that gives some love back to Axl & the band after half a year of touring, seems so uninteresting to most ´fans´on the forum. Oh well... :shrugs:

Yeah I noticed.

God damn, the Welcome To The Jungle at Philly was awesome.

I hope that Axl is saving the rasp for a very important reason, such as having the raspy voice to sing new songs on tour, or for the studio. Due to popular belief, I don't think Axl lost his rasp, it seems like he's saving it or doesn't use it anymore.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Thank you for the work it took to compile the list.

I think a lot of people are just a bit bored with the live songs. I started listening to the blues in what, 2000? I must have watched live versions if it a thousand times.

Same thing with all the old songs. We have seen or heard 100 different live versions of them all.

Even the CD songs. Yes, it is cool to listen to different versions and different shows.....but after you hear Shacklers from 10 different shows.....it is hard to hear it again from another show, when it is 99% the same as every other show at that point