GN'R Rock in Rio 2013

alangarcianr

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I hope Axl has learned from the last time. Practice, practice, and practice!

Need some warmup shows at Hammerstein or The Joint again :thumbsup:

Hell yeah! Memories!!!! I would go!

Edited by batman007

Errrrrh, 8 out of the 10 confirmed acts listed played there last year. And they spelled it "Steve Wonder"...

Lol'd at this comment

Las bandas perfectas serian :

Metallica

Nirvana

System Of A Down

Slipknot

Rammstein

I like rammstein, but.... nirvana? :rofl-lol:

GnR has played at every Rock In Rio (that actually happened in Rio) since 1991, and they're hugely popular in Brazil, so it's no surprise if true.

Exactly. Brazil (along with Canada where CD went 3 x platinum) is practically the band's "home turf" these days- even if RIR IV was less than optimal...

hopefully this time axl won't use such a big festival as a warm-up, rir 2011 was a fucking disaster and the brazilian fans didn't deserve that.

Hopefully his voice is a little stronger too..

How about people who attended the last RIR...did they like the show or did they find it bad too?

From what I've read/seen- they didn't consider it quite the "train wreck" that the rest of the world did- but didn't think it stacked up to '91 or '01- and found the conditions (late and rainy) crappy too...

I've gotta believe Axl/Guns would LOVE a shot at "redemption" though considering how important Brazil's been to the band over the last 20+ years...

How about people who attended the last RIR...did they like the show or did they find it bad too?

It seemed they liked the performance but weren't too happy with the weather.

RIR2011 is one of those things that gets hopelessly exaggerated at GN'R fora. It wasn't a good concert, but it wasn't as bad as some haters want it to be.

2001 rir was great. best jungle. best madagascar. the blues was incredible. the crowd was insane. the band was on fire. just my opinion but that show ranks in the the top ten of any gn'r lineup for a multitude of reasons.

Best Jungle? That scream was amazing but the rest of the song was terrible. The reason why this show was huge was because it was one of the first GN'R shows since 1993. And I agree with you on The Blues and Madagascar, but the rest of that show was just awful imho.

2001 was awesome only cause Axl was back, aside from that the only songs that were killer were, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Madagascar, Chinese, they were the only songs Axl sounded good on. Nightrains solo's were awesome same as My Michelle. I've watche dthis concert about 200 times...mostly in the first 3 years after it was played and I got the bootleg, but I would refuse to watch it now. Aside from Chinese, that song sounded so bad ass back then, now the riff is watered down to much