how long until DJ bails on gnr

Apollo

Does anybody else worry about how long DJ will stay with GnR?

He seems to jump around from band to band. Bullet Boys, Ashba, Sixx AM, Beautiful Creatures, GnR now.........

With his tremendous writing skills (life is beautiful, motley crue smash album sola, enuff z nuff, etc), his amazing guitar shredding abilities, his clothing line booming, and his penchant for only staying with bands for a few years.... Just worries me that this intrical part of Guns n Roses might bail in us.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems to jump around from band to band. Bullet Boys, Ashba, Sixx AM, Beautiful Creatures, GnR now.........

With his tremendous writing skills (life is beautiful, motley crue smash album sola, enuff z nuff, etc), his amazing guitar shredding abilities, his clothing line booming, and his penchant for only staying with bands for a few years.... Just worries me that this intrical part of Guns n Roses might bail in us.

I think he's gonna stay. The GNR name is WAY bigger than any of the bands he's been a part of

I just hope Swag doesn't become so big that running the company takes away his commitment to the band.

Or that he continues his history of only staying in bands for a few years.

With all the positive momentum the band has, losing DJ would be potentially crippling to GnR.

Hopefully sooner than later, he can take his swag and stupid car, get lost and ruin someone else's musical legacy.

Edited by ben

When did you join the forum DJ?

If Axl decided not to put new music out, he'd prob. not be as enthusiastic about staying, but he's only been with them a couple of years. When he's made enough money to say it's not worth doing anymore, or Axl starts chastising him for plugging his clothing line at the shows?

I guarantee the other bands he played with didn't get the same crowd reactions that a GNR show get. Axl hired seasoned musicians because young musicians are more likely to flake, even though it would be cost effective. And I'm sure his money people recommended it, but no one's going to tell him how to run his band, as far as the pyros and how many people in the band go. If the band made 30 mil over the year, he might see 1/4 of that money at the end of the tour.

I think all of them at one point or another considered leaving the band because Axl went on late and were tired of it, but it's not like it was any surprise, either.

Edited by dalsh327

Don't worry, he'll only leave (as the rest) when the paying checks stop coming.

the reason why DJ is part of the band is just because Axl misses Slash. He thought with himself: "Oh man, i miss slash... i miss someone who plays with a big hat and fucks every solo" then he called DJ :)... when Axl get tired of someone fucking up the songs, he will bring back Finck :xmasssanta: :tongue2:

Now seriously, i like DJ, he's charismatic at least, and they're happy with him. so...

Edited by rendestroi95

hopefully soon, dj ashba is a second option, axl HAD to hire him, it's not like it was axl's intention to have a motley crue type of guy on his band on the first place. same thing with frank ferrer. they are filling gaps, they are not part of axl's vision.

Sadly, now it's his vision look on his shoes and bringing back old songs. He's gonna make money as nostalgic act.

Nostalgia GN'R sounds better than New GN'R

New GN'R is more like New GN'R pt.2 and getting on abit GN'R - which doesn't have a good ring to it.

Edited by vaida