Axl and other artists

Hey Marc, thanks again for taking part in this section this is becoming my 1st stop on this website. Axl has the Thin Lizzy tattoo and has wore one of their t-shirts at the Ritz concert, although I don't think I've really ever read or heard him speak on Phil Lynott as a song writer or artist. I would imagine to get a tattoo of the band he must of really been inspired by their work, do you recall him ever mentioning Thin Lizzy or Phil as a major influence of his? Was he bummed out when Phil died in '86?

Also on another front, were all aware that he gave Shannon Hoon a huge break on the Illusion albums, but was he a fan of Blind Melon at all? Did you ever talk to Axl about Shannon's death? Were they close at the time? Any light you can shed on either subject would be really cool to hear.

Hey Marc, thanks again for taking part in this section this is becoming my 1st stop on this website. Axl has the Thin Lizzy tattoo and has wore one of their t-shirts at the Ritz concert, although I don't think I've really ever read or heard him speak on Phil Lynott as a song writer or artist. I would imagine to get a tattoo of the band he must of really been inspired by their work, do you recall him ever mentioning Thin Lizzy or Phil as a major influence of his? Was he bummed out when Phil died in '86?

Also on another front, were all aware that he gave Shannon Hoon a huge break on the Illusion albums, but was he a fan of Blind Melon at all? Did you ever talk to Axl about Shannon's death? Were they close at the time? Any light you can shed on either subject would be really cool to hear.

Axl was a fan of great 70's music Thin Lizzy was one of the greats. He never talked about them to me. As far as Shannon Hoon, he thought he had a great voice and help him out. How ever when you dance with Mr Brownstone and something goes wrong, its not like you didn't know what could happen. I think Axl thought it was a waste and that it was sad that it ended like that.

Axl was a fan of great 70's music Thin Lizzy was one of the greats. He never talked about them to me. As far as Shannon Hoon, he thought he had a great voice and help him out. How ever when you dance with Mr Brownstone and something goes wrong, its not like you didn't know what could happen. I think Axl thought it was a waste and that it was sad that it ended like that.

Thanks for getting back to me , would of been amazing to hear the boys cover a Lizzy song back in the day.

Thanks for getting back to me , would of been amazing to hear the boys cover a Lizzy song back in the day.

My son's band Frontrunner covered Massacre when they first started out in 2007. They did a good job on it and they were only 14 years old at the time.

Very cool, glad to hear they picked a deeper cut then just "Jailbreak" or "Boys are Back In Town". I got the "Bad Reputation" album cover tattooed on my forearm.

My son's band Frontrunner covered Massacre when they first started out in 2007. They did a good job on it and they were only 14 years old at the time.

IIRC, Shannon's family said it was a cocaine overdose and were upset that people said it was heroin.

IIRC, Shannon's family said it was a cocaine overdose and were upset that people said it was heroin.

I read that Shannon Hoon was a cousin of Axl's - I'm reading Slash's book so might have been there.

Weird. You'd think Axl would have mentioned that.

I was surprised too but now when googling it to see where I read it, it seems many are asking the same question. It might be that Axl was dating Hoon's sister or relative and caused some confusion. Think I'd go with the not true version. :popcorn: