Shirts for a Sailing Re-mix offer / contest

w6a6x6l6

Before I begin I ask the mods to leave this thread here for a few days and move where applicable then. I know this page gets the most traffic and hope it is seen. Current threads areAxl sightings and Ashba's auto's so I don't think it will matter at the moment anyway. Thank you in advance.

To start I want to explain the reason for my request. My computer sucks and so do my computer skills. From some of the awesome things I have seen/heard from some the users on here , I think this is probably really easy.

The reason for my request is simple , I love Guns and when I hear Knockin' on Heavens Door I think of my mother who passed away when I was young. My sister thinks of my mother when she listens to Sailing by Rod Stewart. I was playing some random songs one day at a family gathering and she started singing along ,crying to the Guns version and I couldn't figure out how she knew the words and why she was crying.I never knew her song was Sailing like mine is Knockin'. My sister took me to my first Guns show at Alpine Valley , so her love and memories of Guns are as great as mine. So I want to give her this mix as a gift and encouragement.

So what I am asking for is a re-mix type song made using both Axl's and Rod Stewart's performances of "Sailing".I was kind of thinking of a mix where perhaps one singer has the lead while the other is background and another vice versa. Perhaps another where they are mixed about the same. I'm guessing this is probably the easiest. I am aware there are only live versions of gun's doing it , but there was a high quality version posted somewhere on here a while back.

In return I will give up a few shirts as well as a couple Rock N Roll GNR editon comics from my collection with the EXCEPTION of the jersey. Pictures below of the shirts. I was thinking perhaps we could do a poll or something would be fun but like I said my computer skills suck so contact me or post some links and we'll figure out the trade. I will include shipping , obviously.

If I get a good mix I like I will post the offer is over.

Thank you !

<a%20href=100_8092.jpg">

<a%20href=100_8100.jpg">

more pics........told ya my skills suck

http://i948.photobuc...l6/100_8101.jpg

http://i948.photobuc...l6/100_8096.jpg

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad328/w6a6x6l6/100_8095.jpg

Edited by w6a6x6l6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what I am asking for is a re-mix type song made using both Axl's and Rod Stewart's performances of "Sailing".

Check your inbox. :thumbsup:

Hell yeah Bro ! thumbsup.gif After you do the other request you should post them on here so everyone can check out your skills !

wub.gif

Before I begin I ask the mods to leave this thread here for a few days and move where applicable then. I know this page gets the most traffic and hope it is seen. Current threads areAxl sightings and Ashba's auto's so I don't think it will matter at the moment anyway. Thank you in advance.

yeah, it's cool man - good idea and all but as it's been pointed out, the quality recordings of 'sailing' probably won't be good enough to do anything proper with. one of my favourite live performances from the new band though!

yeah, it's cool man - good idea and all but as it's been pointed out, the quality recordings of 'sailing' probably won't be good enough to do anything proper with. one of my favourite live performances from the new band though!

What evader has sent me is phenomenal ! Thank you sooooooo much evader. You should post it up on here so everyone else can hear ! smiley-shades.gif

What evader has sent me is phenomenal ! Thank you sooooooo much evader. You should post it up on here so everyone else can hear ! smiley-shades.gif

hook a brotha up? haha. :xmasssanta:

hook a brotha up? haha. :xmasssanta:

inbox x_santa.gif

I'll upload both the Rod Stewart-mix and the GNR-only mix tomorrow for everybody that wants them. I'm hearing some noises on both that I need to eradicate, and quite honestly I'm not sober enough to confidently do so right now.

I'll upload both the Rod Stewart-mix and the GNR-only mix tomorrow for everybody that wants them. I'm hearing some noises on both that I need to eradicate, and quite honestly I'm not sober enough to confidently do so right now.

lookin forward to it- post hangover :P

:)

Thanks! I can't wait to hear them :)