Deli Visit

ckgent

Hey Mr Canter,

was in LA a few weeks back while on honeymoon from Scotland. Popped into the deli for a hot corned beef sandwich and potato salad. Really good by the way, there is a sweetness to the salad that was very different. I picked up a copy of the signed book also...its awsome, would have got it sooner but wanted to see if it was on sale there. I asked if you were around, but you were not.

If you could do the book with any other band, who would you like it to be of?? There were loads of people mentioned in the articles on the walls that had been there, would it include any of them??

Because they were my friends, it was a lot different than just documenting a band. Thats what made my book so special, it's more personal. As far as other bands, I guess it would have been cool to do Aerosmith because of the strong image that they had.

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread to say I visited Canter's today for my second time. Really good food, highly recommended (The Canter's Fairfax sandwich is my favourite), and the mood of the place is just so nice. Marc was kind enough to sit down and chat with me for quite a while - he is an amazing asset not only to mygnrforum but to the overall fan community and GN'R.

I have yet to meet Marc although I go to Canter's every couple of months or so.

I am not just saying this because Marc is on here - Canter's is by far the best deli in LA!

Bumping an old thread to say I visited Canter's today for my second time. Really good food, highly recommended (The Canter's Fairfax sandwich is my favourite), and the mood of the place is just so nice. Marc was kind enough to sit down and chat with me for quite a while - he is an amazing asset not only to mygnrforum but to the overall fan community and GN'R.

That's so cool. Awesome that Marc takes the time to do that when he can. :)

tumblr_mdq0a2zyVP1rhbbivo1_500.gif
Marc rocks!

Fun fact: Tommy Wiseau is a member here and has made one post. :lol:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Is it publicly known which account/post is his?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/user/53197-tommy-wiseau/

From the email address, it was really him. He hasn't logged in since he made this post though:

If everybody loved each other, the world would be a better place to live.

Inspiring stuff.

• Like 1

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Is it publicly known which account/post is his?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/user/53197-tommy-wiseau/

From the email address, it was really him. He hasn't logged in since he made this post though:

If everybody loved each other, the world would be a better place to live.

Inspiring stuff.

WTF.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Did President Obama ask about GNR at all? Or notice anything about GNR?

No I didn't know until he left that he was a GNR fan. Slash told me that today. I would have given him a book to enjoy. The funny thing is he sat in the same booth that we first met Duff in back in 1984.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Wow Marc!!! that´s just amazing! I´m so happy for you and Deli :headbang: So the Commander In Chief is fan! :wow: I wish he could issue an executive order to have a reunion :P

• Like 1