Least Favorite Gn'R song from each album

TeeJay410

AFD

-Anything goes

Lies

-Move to the City (Live like a suicide side)

-One in Million (lies side)

UYI I

-Bad Apples, though Bad Obsession is a close 2nd

UYI II

-Shotgun Blues, dishonorable mention to GITR

TSI?

-Hard to pick one... I'll go Since I Don't Have You

Chinese Democracy

-Scraped.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LLAS:

-Reckless Life

AFD:

-Anything Goes

Lies:

-Patience

UYI 1:

-Live and Let Die

UYI 2:

-Tie between Shotgun Blues and Knockin' on Heaven's Door. I don't consider My World to be a song.

TSI:

-Everything aside from SIDHY, New Rose, Human Being and Ain't It Fun is equally horrible

CD:

-Scraped

Edited by bacardimayne

AFD

-Anything goes

* used to love the entire album beginning to end, but as i've gotten older i think 'anything goes' is definitely weak, and you can tell the band wrote it early on. however, as i said in my review of the album a little while back, it doesn't quite fall into 'hair metal' trappings, as it still displays axl rose's borderline fear/repulsion of sex - not so much a 'girls, girls, girls' song boasting about sex...it's a little dirtier, a little more guilty...which is a testament to the strength of APPETITE, that even its worst song is in a whole other league compared to its '80s LA rock counterparts.

Lies

- all the old live like a suicide shit, tbh. never was too keen on it. but i understand why it was released, as the band was huge overnight and the label needed to put something out. i love all the new material on it though, and can't choose a least favourite from those 4 new songs.

UYI I

-Bad Apples. kind of an annoying chorus, and as much as i really love axl's voice, i do think here it is at odds with the music, and is a little overbearing. he's doing this weird overwrought accent type thing that is a bit grating.

UYI II

- My World.

* also my least favourite song of theirs, ever.

TSI?

- honestly, i think the whole record is fun, but if i had to choose just one...probably 'i don't care about you.' a little noisy, innit. and not in a good, punk way.

Chinese Democracy

- yeah, probably Scraped. still like it, but i think i like everything else a bit more.

AFD - Never was big on Anything Goes. It was between that and Think About You, but Anything Goes has always been a bit too...pedestrian compared to the rest of the album.

Lies - If I had to go with anything it'd be Used to Love Her. It's a fun song, but I'm not crazy about it.

UYI I - You Ain't the First. Never liked it, never will.

UYI II - So Fine. Duff's drunken punk voice irks me.

CD - I.R.S. It feels like it has so much potential to pick up and just fucking rock, but it never truly gains the momentum and the production is weak to boot.

Appetite For Destruction: Think About You (obviously not a bad song on the album, but gun to my head, this is what I'd choose. Anything Goes is a great deep cut rocker that I would say is worthy but I understand people saying its not up to par lyrically. And Sweet Child would only be my choice because of overplay by the general public so thats not very fair)

Live Like A Suicide: Nice Boys

GNR Lies: You're Crazy (I like all the other songs alot, so hate to be a cop out for choosing the only double released, but I love the 3 other originals)

Use Your Illusion I: Garden Of Eden

Use Your Illusion II: My World (I know its another cop out, but I like all the originals on the second disc so if I have to split the albums, I think this one counts. If it wasn't this, it would have to be Don't Cry alternate lyrics)

The Spaghetti Incident?: New Rose (really it could have been any of them. Oddly enough, Girl Look At Your Game I always found to be not so bad)

Chinese Democracy: Scraped

I don't have a Least Favorite from AFD. That's made up by UYI which has many Least Favorite's. UYI is topped by Chinese which contains the most Least Favorite's.

TSI comes off pretty well, as the Live Era.

Edited by vaida

AFD - My Michelle. Its the first song that shines out cause of not being equal to the first six. Though I love the hole album, if i had to choose for one song, i choose for My Michelle.

LIES - Used to love her

UYI 1 - You aint the first

UYI 2 - My world

TSI - Since I dont have you

CD - Shackler, Catcher, Riad

AFD

-My Michelle due to it's mediocre lyrics in the last verse. But there really isn't a bad song on it.

Lies

- At the moment Patience due to being overplayed, but it's still an amazing song. Like AFD, there's not a bad song on there.

UYI I

-You Ain't The First. It's not that bad, but it doesn't quite fit in there somehow.

UYI II

-My World, easy pick.

TSI?

Since I Don't Have You by a fucking landslide. Not a great album overall despite a few gems, but this song is just terrible.

Chinese Democracy

-Scraped. It's just a crap song. This I Love is a close second just for being so boring.

LLAS:

-Mama Kin (i don't like Aerosmith)

AFD:

That album is perfect. i love all the songs.

Lies:

-Used to Love her (silly lyrics, mediocre music)

UYI 1:

-You ain't the first (*yawns*)

UYI 2:

- Breakdown (Axl is way too talkative on that song, too much blahblahblah)

TSI:

- Great songs but very bad played by the band. They sound bloated and self-indulgent except on Ain't It Fun.

CD:

Not a GNR album.