GnR doing 12 shows in Vegas General Discussion Thread.

GunnerRose

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

Going to the November 21st show.

Third time trying to see GnR in Vegas.

Car broke down for the September 2006 show.

Got in head on collision on the way to the New Years 2011 show. Have a spiffy new $100,000 leg now.

Booked a flight to Vegas for this one. Hopefully luck will be better this year.

Cool.

Going to the November 21st show.

Third time trying to see GnR in Vegas.

Car broke down for the September 2006 show.

Got in head on collision on the way to the New Years 2011 show. Have a spiffy new $100,000 leg now.

Booked a flight to Vegas for this one. Hopefully luck will be better this year.

prosthetic?

Sad to hear about the accident

What happened with this thread? I think it was like 20 pages last night when I went to bed.

They divided the whole thread. The "WTF! This is a joke, fuck this!" type of comments to Attitude and the "OMG! This is so good, let's jerk off and reach around together while listening to Chinese Democracy best album ever!" type of comments to Discussion & News.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What happened with this thread? I think it was like 20 pages last night when I went to bed.

They divided the whole thread. The "WTF! This is a joke, fuck this!" type of comments to Attitude and the "OMG! This is so good, let's jerk off and reach around together while listening to Chinese Democracy best album ever!" type of comments to Discussion & News.

I notice that the other thread has got far more pages. :lol:

I notice that the other thread has got far more pages. :lol:

So that's where all my posts went :D

Is anybody else worried about Ron's physical state? I thought he'd take some time off to fully recover, but this seems like the opposite..

I am not worried at all about his physical state. I think he exaggerates his pain whenever he is tired from touring and feeling down, and especially when it all coincides with a general state of depression which seem to be almost cyclical in his case. We will probably experience regular, public meltdowns from him in the future unless he gets a better control of himself. So I am more worried about his mental state. And if he should agree to partake in something and then realize he can't fullfill his obligations because of his mental and/or physical state, then I hope the band is flexible enough to continue without him.

I wonder what hurts more - playing guitar, or the strange and different beds each night, bus seats (and sometimes sleeping on the bus), and plane seats (and sometimes sleeping on the plane) that come after and before the shows? Staying in one place might be really good.

I wonder what hurts more - playing guitar, or the strange and different beds each night, bus seats (and sometimes sleeping on the bus), and plane seats (and sometimes sleeping on the plane) that come after and before the shows? Staying in one place might be really good.

Some suffer pretty bad from jetlags, too. I do. So yeah, staying in one place in the US must be rather comfortable, especially if the family can come and stay with the band. It becomes almost like a regular job :)

Is anybody else worried about Ron's physical state? I thought he'd take some time off to fully recover, but this seems like the opposite..

I am not worried at all about his physical state. I think he exaggerates his pain whenever he is tired from touring and feeling down, and especially when it all coincides with a general state of depression which seem to be almost cyclical in his case. We will probably experience regular, public meltdowns from him in the future unless he gets a better control of himself.

That's probably the douchiest thing I've ever read on these forums. Think of the ground that covers.

They moved the "WTF! This is a joke, fuck this!" type of comments to Attitude and the "OMG! This is so good,type of comments remained in Discussion & News.

Yes! :thumbsup:

As intended in the restructure. :)

They moved the "WTF! This is a joke, fuck this!" type of comments to Attitude and the "OMG! This is so good,type of comments remained in Discussion & News.

Yes! :thumbsup:

As intended in the restructure. :)

cool.gif

Who's responsible for this? Jarmo?

Who's responsible for this?

A GUIDE TO THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS

GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS

Hassle free discussion of the 2001 to present day eras of Guns N' Roses. The intention is to give members a place to enjoy their current GnR fandom and to connect with other likeminded fans in a non-confrontational environment.

^That's so stupid, I can't even begin to describe it. You have better discussion by flushing MORONIC people out, not by dictating what can and cannot be discussed, or allowing only positive things and exiling critical and controversial viewpoints. It's the POEPLE, not the TOPIC or the DISCUSSION. It's the POSTERS, not the POST.

Like-minded, non-controversial, and non-confrontational discussion is, after all, the most engaging kind of communication. Haha. ....ha...............

Edited by Gagarin

What a treat these 12 x 4000 people will get! The venue sounds like it is about ideal size for concerts like this.

They are doing something new for them and for the fans, and doing 12 concerts is not the same as becoming a house band for years.

I hope they are going to have fun and do all kinds of interesting things: new songs (a lot of free publicity), acoustic moments, each evening a bit different,

new cover songs (Axl’s voice is great also for country songs), new versions of the GNR songs, visiting guests –anything from Lemmy/S. Bach to Adam Lambert/Dolly Parton/some young new talent,

sailing recorded for DVD, Life is Beautiful as a band&audience solo-they could all sing a part of it or some other song they all like or maybe a different one each night from about 25 years ago,

I guess they might “go Metallica” and do all the songs from the AFD record…

Live DVD would be cool, but we've been saying that for what, ten years now? :tongue2:

I know DJ Ashba said they have all sorts of stuff written and just need to get in the studio to put out another album.

Hopefully this means another tour after Vegas as I just saw them last November in Worcester, Ma. and Axl was early arriving on stage at 10:20 for a Friday night show!

At any rate this is GREAT NEWS!!!

You have better discussion by flushing MORONIC people out

Banning?

Makes much more sense to offer them a section to speak freely no?

not by dictating what can and cannot be discussed, or allowing only positive things and exiling critical and controversial viewpoints. It's the POEPLE, not the TOPIC or the DISCUSSION. It's the POSTERS, not the POST.

Like-minded, non-controversial, and non-confrontational discussion is, after all, the most engaging kind of communication. Haha. ....ha...............

The problem with your viewpoint is, some "PEOPLE" want to be "POSTERS" here without being hassled and caught up in arguments in the middle of every single thread.

Some PEOPLE want to POST that they think the Vegas gigs are exciting news and want to discuss positively what they think might take place and share thoughts about possibly attending etc.

They would like to do so in a section free of cheap insults, rude retorts...you know, the other PEOPLE and POSTERS just out to ruin a good thing for them.

Those other PEOPLE and POSTERS now have section to sound off about every single little aspect of the band playing Vegas etc., the kind of engaging conversation you apparantly seek.

We think it's a rather fair solution...for all. :shrugs:

Bought my tickets for the Friday November 23! I probably will buy tickets for Saturday too! Who is going on these days?

23 AND 24 seems to be a popular weekend.

It's the one I'm hearing most people talk about.