Will the vegas shows be worth it if a live album/DVD comes out of it?

Cosmo

With the highly criticised 12-Vegas nights announced, would MyGnR's general opinion change if it meant a live album/DVD?

I HIGHLY doubt it'll happen but given the fact it'd be 12 nights in the same venue, giving Axl the possibility of releasing a best-of-these-twleve-nights live album with the highlights of his and the band's performance, it'd be a good opportunity. And yes, I'd love it if a live album came out of it.

Not in my opinion. The only thing that can salvage team brazil's poor management capability would be new music for me.

I think Axl still on all control, decision´s final is him.

If not they release news song the guilty is him.

Sorry for mistake. :)

Management books the shows right? It's team brazil's fault that they're playing these shows. The only thing that can fix team brazil's idiocy is new music. In my opinion.

A live DVD would be great, but I think the only way to "justify" the Vegas shows would be: DVD 1- Live In Vegas concert DVD 2- Tour documentary, exclusive song in the bonus features, as well as a code and link for an MP3 download of Vegas concert. And, unfortunately I don't think they'd go that "all out"...

Management books the shows right? It's team brazil's fault that they're playing these shows. The only thing that can fix team brazil's idiocy is new music. In my opinion.

There is nothing idiotic abut playing 12 consecutive gigs at The Joint. It is cool as fuck. And if the band works on a new record while being together in one place for a month, then that is an added bonus. Kudos to Team Brazil.

There is nothing idiotic abut playing 12 consecutive gigs at The Joint. It is cool as fuck. And if the band works on a new record while being together in one place for a month, then that is an added bonus. Kudos to Team Brazil.

I know your stance well, I just wanted more for my favorite band. I've never been pro reunion, but this wouldn't be happening if the classic lineup were together. I just happen to think Axl is a little too talented to be a lounge singer. Shoot me. :shrugs:

I know your stance well, I just wanted more for my favorite band. I've never been pro reunion, but this wouldn't be happening if the classic lineup were together. I just happen to think Axl is a little too talented to be a lounge singer. Shoot me. :shrugs:

What is a lounge singer? And is it compatible with playing gigs at The Joint?

We all want more from almost everything in life. But GN'R being active and playing shows all over the world in 2012, 25 years after releasing AFD, is not bad and a LOT MORE than I ever expected.

We all want more from almost everything in life. But GN'R being active and playing shows all over the world in 2012, 25 years after releasing AFD, is not bad and a LOT MORE than I ever expected.

I said I wanted more for my favorite band, not from. A lounge singer in my eyes is a joke, and I don't think that Axl should ever be considered a joke when he has the talent that he does.

I use to be optimistic.

Than I became realistic.

Unfortunately you seem to still be stuck at the first one.

Pearl Jam and other bands have proven that every concert is a possible live album. It's the ultimate souvenir. They should just simply put the downloads up for sale on their awesome website.

100% agree, maybe make downloads free for Nightrain members since at the moment they don't seem to have too many membership perks...

I said I wanted more for my favorite band, not from. A lounge singer in my eyes is a joke, and I don't think that Axl should ever be considered a joke when he has the talent that he does.

So how does playing gigs at The Joint make you a joke?

I use to be optimistic.

Than I became realistic.

Unfortunately you seem to still be stuck at the first one.

Of course I am optimistic about us hearing a new album in a few years - I have no reason to assume it won't happen. And thinking that playing gigs at The Joint is cool is not being 'optimistic', it just means that I am not burdened with the negative association to awful LA residence bands many of you seem to be. I happen to think that The Joint is an awesome venue and see nothing negative in the band playing 12 shows there.

Edited by SoulMonster

So how does playing gigs at The Joint make you a joke?

Following in Motley Crue's footsteps in 2012 is something I find very hard to take seriously.

I get what you're saying... especially if you like me were around for the UYI era when Guns ruled the earth and seemingly consigned Vince Neil & Co. to the dust bin of music history.

That's 20 years ago now though and the reality is that the GN'R "residual" fan base after all the BS (i.e. line-up changes and delays, etc.) is probably on par with the Crüe- at least in North America (Guns still much bigger internationally I would imagine). Factor in hip-hop domination the last 10+ years and it's really not that shocking to me that both Guns and the Crüe find a Vegas residency attractive in 2012.

Frankly- they should probably both count themselves fortunate to still retain enough cache to secure an opportunity like this. The vast majority of their peers were not as lucky no doubt...