DJ on tonight's Jimmy Fallon

GnRDuff1

Not gonna bother reading any more replies since it's clear that once again, moronic arguing over who's better (Slash, DJ, Bumblefoot probably, nuGuns, etc) takes precedence over the real topic. Was glad to see that not only did Fallon call him the Guns N' Roses guitarist, but ask about the Vegas shows.

Thing is I don't even dislike DJ, I mean I think he's a bit of a cheesy used car salesman but he's a decent enough fella it seems. It just gets on my tits when the buttpluggers start the whole slagging off Slash thing when it's got absolutely fuck all to do with the topic. Also @Axl8302 I know that DJ wasn't known when he released that solo record but that makes fuck all difference. He was 24 according to wiki so if we want to make a direct comparison at the same age then what was Slash upto in around 1989 at the same age? :takethat:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let DJ milk his 5 minutes of fame. We all know he won't be around in 3 or 4 years... Dude just wants to still be able to afford his own Signature Dodge Death Ride™.

Edited by The Only Cosmonaut

Let DJ milk his 5 minutes of fame. We all know he won't be around in 3 or 4 years... Dude just wants to still be able to afford his own Signature Dodge Death Ride™.

I think Dj is genuinely happy to be in GN'R and loves the life it gives him. Compared to the other band members he also seems the guy who is most compatible with the rock and roll life, having no family that encumbers him and all. I think he will remain in GN'R for a long time. I find it puzzling that people believe he will leave soon.

Edited by SoulMonster

Fallon's a big GN'R fan. I think he went to the '06 warmup shows in NYC, and of course who can forget the VMAs introduction. :tongue2:

Big thanx for that link. Very cool to hear MI AMOR played. Awesome song by Ashba. Funny talking about GNR having to 'show up' for the gigs in Vegas. Reputations never die. :xmasssanta:

I hope Guns can recreate the massive success of Apocalyptic Love (85,000 copies sold in the US before permanently exiting the charts)

Remind us all again how many copies DJ's last solo album sold? Y'know for a fair comparison and all? ;)

This insinuates that I'm claiming DJ is more popular than Slash, which I'm not. It's just funny that HTS is making fun of DJ for appearing on the show, when Slash is a fixture on the crappy late night talk show circuit every time he releases an album.

Not going to compare DJ with Slash because honestly there is no comparison. but isnt going on TV shows when you have a new album, the right thing to do? Its good promo

The Roots gave Mi Amor a nice different feel.

The Roots are amazing. ?uestlove is one of my favorite drummers, Black Thought is a killer MC

Yes, they're awesome. First heard them on a live JAY-Z album they played as his backing band.

This guy wants to be liked so much it's pathetic. He comes off as a poser who shamelessly plugs away his hot topic swag any chance he gets. So fucking corny. He thinks he looks so bad ass and rock n roll, but in reality he looks like a giant douche. He is the only member of GNR that i have ever hated. He reminds me of a teenage wanna be goth chick

This guy wants to be liked so much it's pathetic. He comes off as a poser who shamelessly plugs away his hot topic swag any chance he gets. So fucking corny. He thinks he looks so bad ass and rock n roll, but in reality he looks like a giant douche. He is the only member of GNR that i have ever hated. He reminds me of a teenage wanna be goth chick

What a fine eleventh post. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Minus the last sentence, you literally described Slash.

DJs name wasnt even in the intro. but he was playing jimmy fallons intro, and fallon seemed like he was pointing at him a couple of times. think he played half of mi amor 4 minutes into the show, the fallon annouced him as "THAT IS GUNS N ROSES GUITARIST DJ ASHBA." and said how hes hosting an event at the hard rock(?) in las vegas because of bullyville.com. talked about the residency. Fallon made a joke "you do know the band has to show up to these gigs correct? thats what a residency is!" with ashba saying "we can live there we dont have to leave!" and fallon replying with "oh my thats going to be a nightmare... and thats about all the time he got besides outros and such

EDIT: also when fallon was doing his "Pros and Cons" of sharkweek fallon says "PRO- sharks are the most terrifying creatures in the water. CON- Besides womens synchronized swimmers" and he showed a picture of all the stupid faces they made and cut to DJ i guess to get a shot of there guest laughing and enjoying himself, and all he was doing was standing there not even laughing with his hand on his guitar.

thats hilarious!

props to DJ when I saw them last year he walked on the top of where they would normally have plexiglass for a hockey game (obviously taken down for a concert) and came out right by my 1st row loge seat down about a 1/4 way to the center from the stage and when I yelled "DJ!" he stopped and played a lead about a foot away from me and then proceeded to 3/4 of the way away from the stage and played another solo for some hot chick.

I forgot what song I was so stoked!

Edited by SixxAM

EDIT: also when fallon was doing his "Pros and Cons" of sharkweek fallon says "PRO- sharks are the most terrifying creatures in the water. CON- Besides womens synchronized swimmers" and he showed a picture of all the stupid faces they made and cut to DJ i guess to get a shot of there guest laughing and enjoying himself, and all he was doing was standing there not even laughing with his hand on his guitar.

And he never laughed again?