The Linguini Occurrence

Death certainly deserves to be inducted, but there's no way in hell it's actually going to happen.

Pixies would probably be my second choice I guess.

unfortunetly youre right metal bands are still overlooked by that shit heap in cleveland

Most likely to be in the running, not the final list.

Janes Addiction

Cheap Trick

Peter Gabriel

Rush

The New York Dolls

Deep Purple

*The Cure

*Depeche Mode

Chic

Public Enemy

Todd Rundgren

Pat Benatar

Journey

Heart

Electric Light Orchestra

Foreigner

Styx

Dire Straits

Joan Jett

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Donna Summer

KISS

J Geils Band

Ronnie James Dio

*The Smiths

10,000 Maniacs

Eurythmics

Stevie Nicks

Ozzy Osbourne

INXS

Joe Jackson

Boston

Humble Pie

Peter Frampton

Ted Nugent

Doobie Brothers

Steve Winwood

Flying Burrito Brothers

Grand Funk Railroad

T Rex

Harry Nilsson

Cat Stevens

The Monkees

Tommy James and the Shondells

Yes

The Go-Gos

Motley Crue

Bon Jovi

Cyndi Lauper

The Cars

Joe Cocker

Heart

Whitney Houston

Don Henley

Joe Walsh

*The Replacements

MC5

War

Manfred Mann

Love

Blue Oyster Cult

(* Sire Records, Seymour Stein is on the committee)

John Cale and Todd Rundgren could be inducted as producers

Tiffany? Are you fucking kidding me? And wtf is with all the rap artists? I like rap but they don't fit into this institution. No wonder no one takes this place seriously. I mean Madonna is in it and Deep Purple isnt. What drunken monkey is selecting these people?

Tiffany? Are you fucking kidding me? And wtf is with all the rap artists? I like rap but they don't fit into this institution. No wonder no one takes this place seriously. I mean Madonna is in it and Deep Purple isnt. What drunken monkey is selecting these people?

yeah its a joke of an institution, metallica gets in yet bands like iron maiden and judas priest who paved the way for metallica and other bands dont get in

Shouldn't George Michael already be eligible?

Yeah that's what I thought. His Wham days I guess would be counted as separate, but the Faith album came out in 87.

It's 25 years, isn't it? Guns N' Roses' first album was released in 1987. Or are they counting Live Like a Suicide?

yeah its a joke of an institution, metallica gets in yet bands like iron maiden and judas priest who paved the way for metallica and other bands dont get in

It doesn't make sense, but most of these award ceremonies are the same. Every year I shake my head at the Oscar winners. There always seems to be someone nominated who seems more deserving than the person who actually wins.

Yeah that's what I thought. His Wham days I guess would be counted as separate, but the Faith album came out in 87.

It's 25 years, isn't it? Guns N' Roses' first album was released in 1987. Or are they counting Live Like a Suicide?

I thought it was 25 years. AFD was released in 87, that's why they were inducted this year.

Shit... not too many good choices there.... I'd have to go with Public Enemy and Pixies... don't like any of them though..

I agree, seems to be a weak class of first timers and an unusually high percentage of R&B/Rap. Hopefully that will mean a band that has long been denied like Kiss, Rush or Deep Purple will finally get in. I think Public Enemy has the best chance of all the rappers, and Richard Marx may get in as well.

Milli Vanilli :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

what is sad is they will probably get in

Guest Len B'stard

Henry Rollins

The La's

EPMD

NWA

The Pixies

BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONNNNSSS

SAY EASY NOW MON', ME SAY EASY NOW MON' :D:D Y'SEE ME COME IN ANY DANCE WITH THA SPLIFF O' SENSI, DOWN WITH THE SOUND CALLED BDP!!

Yes, yes yes :)

Says Patty Smyth there, dunno who the fuck that is but if it's some weird misspelling of Patti Smith then you can sling her on my list too :)

It doesn't make sense, but most of these award ceremonies are the same. Every year I shake my head at the Oscar winners. There always seems to be someone nominated who seems more deserving than the person who actually wins.

I thought it was 25 years. AFD was released in 87, that's why they were inducted this year.

George Michael's Faith was released in 87 as well.