Silkworms and Oh My God

the rush

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

while browsing youtube, I stumbled upon Silkworms after a long time and found it to have aged/matured really good. Now I think that had there been a more favorable reaction to Oh My God and Silkworms at the time they were first heard it could have paved the way for something different. In my opinion, if these two songs were on CD, they would have been in my top 5 songs on the album. they are more creative and techically and instrumentally more interesting than the majority of guns songs. What I want to do with this topic is to see how many of us share the sentiments regarding these two songs and maybe, if axl stumbles upon this thread, let the band know that these songs have what it takes after all for the fanbase (ar atleast a considerable part of it) to be satisfied and intrigued

heck i'll even add a poll

Edited by the rush

while browsing youtube, I stumbled upon Silkworms after a long time and found it to have aged/matured really good. Now I think that had there been a more favorable reaction to Oh My God and Silkworms at the time they were first heard it could have paved the way for something different. In my opinion, if these two songs were on CD, they would have been in my top 5 songs on the album. they are more creative and techically and instrumentally more interesting than the majority of guns songs. What I want to do with this topic is to see how many of us share the sentiments regarding these two songs and maybe, if axl stumbles upon this thread, let the band know that these songs have what it takes after all for the fanbase (ar atleast a considerable part of it) to be satisfied and intrigued

heck i'll even add a pole

Oh My God is a kickass song Silkworms is a pile of shit waste of tape

I agree but I tend to disregared lyrics when talking about music as I only give it 5% max of weight a song carries. Besides, lyrics could have been completely different and it would stil basically be the same song but change the intrumental composition and you have a completely different piece of art

Edited by the rush

What exactly do you dislike about Silkworms (lyrics excluded)?

Everything lyrics, music it simply sucks as I remember Axl did n`t co write it, Reed and Pitman put Silkworms together that`s why song blows.OHM is a great song heaviest and darkest Axl penned rocker!

I would've loved to have had both of these songs on the album, but Silkworms is a bit more progressive musically than anything on CD and it would've stood out from the pack. If the proposed second album did indeed lean toward "aggressive electronica" (I think that's the term Axl used), then Silkworms would be right at home.

Wasn't the original plan for CD for it to be kind of a "gateway" album of more familiar sounds in order to guide listeners into the more ambitious 2nd and 3rd albums?

Amen bro! Silkworms and OMG represents the new era and what chinese how brilliant could

Have been. Both are my two most missing songs of the album. Shame the band did not believe enoughh

In the new level up songs. I hope we can see them in the next sequel. They are a must have!!!

LETS FACE IT, BOTH SONGS SUCK

Agreed. I honestly think the commercial and critical ridicule Oh My God got is what sparked another 9 years before we would hear new material.

I'll admit that the lyrics were pretty cool, but the music and overall sound was just a big clusterfuck that made it sound like just a bunch of noises being thrashed around. And not the good kinda noises. The "getting waken up at 7 after not even getting home til 530 shitfaced by a bunch of roofers working right outside your window blasting Shinedown" kinda noise :fuckyou: ...

I actualy love Silkworms.

OMG,Silkworms,Rhiad showed the potential the industrial band had at the time. and showed that the band was willing to walk a path on a hunch.

If silkworms was still in the set today it would f*cking rock!

let's just hope some of the songs recorded by the 2000-2006 band are still considered as options to release in the future as songs recorded by this band today

I would love to see the evolution between the 2.

I'm wishing we'd get a double disc.. 20 songs each new recorded songs by this band and 20 songs recorded by the.:

Axl

Josh, Brain

Paul, Richard

Tommy

Robin

Bucket

Chris

Dizzy

Line up. that would ba amazing

OMG was on the End of Days soundtrack that came out ten years earlier. Wouldn't have made a difference... The album was great how it was!

Exactly, why do we need a song we already have on a new album? I can't get my head around the concept or argument here. If he had included it then the "Why wasn't OMG on the album!?!?!?" posts would be replaced 10 fold with posts about "rehashed songs" how it was a "cop out" and "nothing original worth releasing" threads.

This is like bitching Ridley Scott out for making Prometheus instead of just releasing a digitally remastered copy of Alien. WTF?

Oh My God is great and I think it would've been received better if it didn't sound so unfinished.

Dizzy or Pitman described Silkworms as "AFD 25 years into the future" and that's what it sounds like to me with how aggressive it is. The music sounds so angry and the lyrics follow up on that. Axl sings with little melody like an old punk song and it interestingly contrasts with the keyboard/synth parts (which are amazing).