The current band needs a chance to shine!!!!

Apollo

Axl and Team Brazil.......for the love of the music Gods, would you please give the current band a chance to shine? A chance to walk on their own feet? Let them break out of the classic band's shadow and give them an opportunity to make this band's GnR chapter a relevant and successful one!!!

Sure, they cover the old material well. But so would a thousand other musicians. My friend plays guitar. The other day he was playing Satrianni while holding a conversation with me. I asked if he could play eruption and he said "ya, since I was 10." Point being, there are thousands of no names who can play scom and jungle.

This band will always be considered a touring band, a cover band, the replacements as long as they continue to make a living playing the classic band's songs.

Yes, obviously fans want to hear the hits.

But why don't you guys give the current band a chance to make a name for themselves? Axl started going strong again 12 years ago. How many guys have left the band since then? And only one album? It is insane. And a shame for the millions of Axl Rose fans.

You have the best rock singer out there right now. You have a great live band. You apparently have a vault of "big guns." You have a band that says they are all writing songs.

Take a chance and start releasing music. Let Axl do what he does best. Let the band shine. Give the millions of fans who supported Axl for 25 years and bankrolled that reported net worth of 200 million dollars.

It is like Lebron James or Aaron Rodgers or Ted Williams deciding to sit out entire seasons. Pretty soon the opportunities won't be there anymore. Take advantage while they are there right I'm front of you.

GnR could easily become the most important rock band in the world. Why pass that chance up just so DJ can play Slash songs every night?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shining requires creating and recording new material.

Recording new material requires a singer willing to record it and put it out.

Somehow I just don't think Axl will do that.

He'll either not do it or spend another 15 years re-recording and overproducing it.

If you want a new album soon, don't keep your fingers crossed.

Sorry if I'm being negative Nancy here, but it's called realism.

Edited by username

I think "Chuloputas" should change his name to "Chupopanilas" ... and "kanudo" should change it to "kUnudo" ...

Or just disappear forever ...

+1

Groghan I would love for this band to get an opportunity and agree with everything you said except..."slash songs"...really? really Groghan? You're better than that.

Whether you consider these guys to be a touring band or GNR members, a lot of people know they are amazing musicians. I´ve met a few of the old band fans change their minds after attending a show of the current band. I guess when the next GNR cd is released these guys will get the recognition you say. But even if this band released 6 cd´s, they would still have to play scom,jungle...etc because as with every other band, people want to hear the hits.

there are thousands of no names who can play scom and jungle.

Ashba still can't. :D So before creating something new, Axl gonna make him learn old songs.

dj can't play robin live either. ronald can't play bucket live either

DJ plays way better than finck live. And "Ronald" can play Bucket parts if he wants. He is better technically than Bucket.

Ashba still can't. :D So before creating something new, Axl gonna make him learn old songs.

DJ plays way better than finck live. And "Ronald" can play Bucket parts if he wants. He is better technically than Bucket.

you're kidding? robin proves your opinion wrong about dj on the up close and personal tour. bucket proves you wrong 2 at the mtv vma 2002 4 example. both robin and bucket prove you wrong with the actual latest guns n roses record available 2 buy called chinese democracy

you're kidding? robin proves your opinion wrong about dj on the up close and personal tour. bucket proves you wrong 2 at the mtv vma 2002 4 example. both robin and bucket prove you wrong with the actual latest guns n roses record available 2 buy called chinese democracy

I like robin but Robin is way more sloopy than Ashba, check NR solos live. Bumble can play Bucket stuff note per note if he wants.

I like robin but Robin is way more sloopy than Ashba, check NR solos live. Bumble can play Bucket stuff note per note if he wants.

But still, Bucket's Nightrain solo steps all over any other Nightrain solo... Ron should try to pull that off.

Of course the new band needs a chance to shine. The odds of them topping the old band would be the equivalent of me beating up Brock Lesner though.

And I'll pray to Ashur and Ares we can see that happen too.

Guest Len B'stard

You of all people should know better Groghan, the shit just ain't gonna happen. I mean seriously, what do you think that this band could POSSIBLY come up with to get them out of the old bands shadow? Nothing and they're never gonna come out of the shadow, they're clinging to the shadow by keeping the name, there is no attempt to come out from the shadow of the old band, what they are trying to do is a continuation of the old bands thing.

But seriously, what are they gonna do, make a better rock n roll album than Appetite? Yeah right, wake me up when that fuckin' happens. Other than that they're just a bunch of 40 something guys that none has shown any particular level of creativity or artistic expression that could caterpault them beyond the old band and anyway, like i said, that ain't what they're trying to do anyway.

Unless they COMPLETELY do a 180 and totally switch up their style and do something thats a departure from the old bands thing and excel at it they ain't getting up out of the shadow of nothing. Christ, you think they wanna lose that fuckin' shadow, that shadows the bread and butter of the band.