The current band needs a chance to shine!!!!

Apollo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

This band or variations of it have had abundant chances to shine and blew every one of them.

People need to just accept that Axl/GNR is no longer about creating a future, but rather about sustaining a lifestyle (Axl & Team Brazil) based on making money off the original band's success.

Any new material is likely to be only released due to contract obligations.

The industry no longer has time for Axl and this line-up. That is abundantly clear.

Axl has sealed his fate and can blame nobody but himself, he dug the hole and now he has to lie in it whether he likes it or not.

This band or variations of it have had abundant chances to shine and blew every one of them.

People need to just accept that Axl/GNR is no longer about creating a future, but rather about sustaining a lifestyle (Axl & Team Brazil) based on making money off the original band's success.

The industry no longer has time for Axl and this line-up. That is abundantly clear.

Axl has sealed his fate and can blame nobody but himself, he dug the hole and now he has to lie in it whether he likes it or not.

Seems pretty happy and successful for someone that "dug himself in a hole"

He seems like a bitter old fuck. Axl needs to get over himself - Team Brazil will always prevent that from happening.

He seems like a bitter old fuck. Axl needs to get over himself - Team Brazil will always prevent that from happening.

Bitter? Old fuck?

That's very nice of you.

Actually he comes across as rather bitter and spiteful with occasional lapses of merriment.

Axl seems to be in a really good place now, he seems jovial to everyone who meets him and really enjoys the gigs.. During the UYI tour, though...all those rants, all the anger, the violence...

I'm so sick of reading the reason New GNR doesn't shine is press, fans, Slash or yeti' s fault!

Guys, Axl has failed over the last 10 years because he really needs old members to shine, it's so clear at this point.

beavisandbuttheadani.jpg

Huh heh heh heh ha huh huh heh heh eh heh heh hah ahah heh heh heh...he said 'old members.'

Edited by Flayer

there are thousands of no names who can play scom and jungle.

Ashba still can't. :D So before creating something new, Axl gonna make him learn old songs.

dj can't play robin live either. ronald can't play bucket live either

DJ plays way better than finck live. And "Ronald" can play Bucket parts if he wants. He is better technically than Bucket.

you're kidding? robin proves your opinion wrong about dj on the up close and personal tour. bucket proves you wrong 2 at the mtv vma 2002 4 example. both robin and bucket prove you wrong with the actual latest guns n roses record available 2 buy called chinese democracy

I like robin but Robin is way more sloopy than Ashba, check NR solos live. Bumble can play Bucket stuff note per note if he wants.

robin and bucket play slash note 4 note more than dj and ronald ever dream 2 play slash better live at guns n roses concerts featurin' over 90% slash songs in the setlist

I'm so sick of reading the reason New GNR doesn't shine is press, fans, Slash or yeti' s fault!

Guys, Axl has failed over the last 10 years because he really needs old members to shine, it's so clear at this point.

beavisandbuttheadani.jpg

Huh heh heh heh ha huh huh heh heh eh heh heh hah ahah heh heh heh...he said 'old members.'

:rofl-lol:

beavisandbuttheadani.jpg

:rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Honestly, he's had more than enough time and chances to make something out of the nu band besides just being a nostalgic shadow of what the real deal was.

The nu era was just one big failure to launch that never connected to the majority of people that loved the real deal GNR for what they accomplished past the nostalgia of hearing Axl singing the classics.

Every chance he had on selling it based on their own merits, he fell flat on his face. Rio especially. He and his sock puppets did fuck all that whole year, only had to prep for one show. These boards thought for sure this would be the beginning of a new era, and that he'd debut new songs. That was his last chance to show people he could turn "GNR" to a Van Hagar type of ordeal. He had a huge audience watching and he blew it in front of all of them. That was the everlasting impression he left on the masses in terms of his current self. A joke. RNRHOF just added fuel to the fire, and it's just been cash grabbing, nostalgic, cover shows ever since.

At this rate, he will die being remembered more for the joke aspects of himself than for what he accomplished musically. It's just been fuck up after fuck up with too little, too late.

Every chance he had on selling it based on their own merits, he fell flat on his face. Rio especially. He and his sock puppets did fuck all that whole year, only had to prep for one show. These boards thought for sure this would be the beginning of a new era, and that he'd debut new songs. That was his last chance to show people he could turn "GNR" to a Van Hagar type of ordeal. He had a huge audience watching and he blew it in front of all of them. That was the everlasting impression he left on the masses in terms of his current self. A joke. RNRHOF just added fuel to the fire, and it's just been cash grabbing, nostalgic, cover shows ever since.

Why care about Rio? It was just one of out dozen of shows that year, and most were great (according to the reviews).

And why care about the HOF? It was just a silly award show. The classic lineup got inducted regardless of whether Izzy and Axl attended.

I am really sorry you are so disappointed by how your expectations have turned out.

Why care about Rio? It was just one of out dozen of shows that year, and most were great (according to the reviews).

And why care about the HOF? It was just a silly award show. The classic lineup got inducted regardless of whether Izzy and Axl attended.

I am really sorry you are so disappointed by how your expectations have turned out.

Because Rio was watched by millions across the globe, lots of them just casual fans that don't follow Axl's every move. And he blew it infront of all of them.

And maybe you forgot the roars of boos at the mere mention of his name at the rnrhof, and the major backlash his open letter got. Two widely exposed events, both times he severely tarnished his name. Because of this, the GNR that made Appetite, Lies, and UYI is the only GNR the public recognizes as GNR.

Edited by Bobbo

Because Rio was watched by millions across the globe, lots of them just casual fans that don't follow Axl's every move. And he blew it infront of all of them.

And maybe you forgot the roars of boos at the mere mention of his name at the rnrhof, and the major backlash his open letter got. Two widely exposed events, both times he severely tarnished his name. Because of this, the GNR that made Appetite, Lies, and UYI is the only GNR the public recognizes as GNR.

:thumbsup:

Rock in Rio was the last chance for Axl to show the world his kick-ass band and show a large audience that GN'R can be big again. Instead, he is noticeably out of shape, unprepared, throwing fits, and forgetting lyrics. Rock in Rio was watched by thousands live, and millions of people on Youtube. It's Axl's biggest audience in years. And he failed to deliver. That's coming from a big Axl Rose fan.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

:thumbsup:

Rock in Rio was the last chance for Axl to show the world his kick-ass band and show a large audience that GN'R can be big again. Instead, he is noticeably out of shape, unprepared, throwing fits, and forgetting lyrics. Rock in Rio was watched by thousands live, and millions of people on Youtube. It's Axl's biggest audience in years. And he failed to deliver. That's coming from a big Axl Rose fan.

Exactly. I was expecting much, much more from him, but he blew it. Nobody else but him.

But why should we care about what other people think? My appreciation of GN'R has never been dependent upon GN'R being a big band or upon it being hailed by my peers. The band is great, it delivers awesome shows, released a good album just 4 years ago and are talking about a new one. I just don't care about what other thinks and if that is important to you then I guess you should have stopped being a fan back in the 90s.

But why should we care about what other people think? My appreciation of GN'R has never been dependent upon GN'R being a big band or upon it being hailed by my peers. The band is great, it delivers awesome shows, released a good album just 4 years ago and are talking about a new one. I just don't care about what other thinks and if that is important to you then I guess you should have stopped being a fan back in the 90s.

I was simply just addressing the subject of the thread and the content of Groghan's opening post. I didn't come out of left field with this shit. I'm not judging them solely based on what others and the majority of people think, but I do think it's a shame Axl's done this to himself. Oh well I suppose.

Look man if you're personally happy with this whole debacle for whatever reason, great for you. But apparently, most people, even the hardest of the hardcores, can't seem to find much reason to celebrate. If the current satisfactions levels among the hardcores are as low as that poll said, obviously there's more reason for criticisms than praise, and therefore, you can't really express shock to the negative vibes around here.

I was simply just addressing the subject of the thread and the content of Groghan's opening post. I didn't come out of left field with this shit. I'm not judging them solely based on what others and the majority of people think, but I do think it's a shame Axl's done this to himself. Oh well I suppose.

Look man if you're personally happy with this whole debacle for whatever reason, great for you. But apparently, most people, even the hardest of the hardcores, can't seem to find much reason to celebrate. If the current satisfactions levels among the hardcores are as low as that poll said, obviously there's more reason for criticisms than praise, and therefore, you can't really express shock to the negative vibes around here.

It just seemed that you personally were disappointed that GN'R didn't deliver a great show at Rio or that Axl didn't show up at the HOF. I was disappointed with Rio myself, after all I got up early to see the show on my computer. But I didn't pay anything for that show so the disappointment wore off in hours.

I understand why there are many negative people here, it is not shocking at all: They expected so much more and now they are bitter because it turned out they were wrong all along.

Personally, I don't see any debacle at all. I see a great band that is out there doing awesome shows for us and that released an album mere 4 years ago and now talk about releasing another in the future. If that's not a reason to celebrate as a fan, then I don't know what is.

It just seemed that you personally were disappointed that GN'R didn't deliver a great show at Rio or that Axl didn't show up at the HOF. I was disappointed with Rio myself, after all I got up early to see the show on my computer. But I didn't pay anything for that show so the disappointment wore off in hours.

I understand why there are many negative people here, it is not shocking at all: They expected so much more and now they are bitter because it turned out they were wrong all along.

Personally, I don't see any debacle at all. I see a great band that is out there doing awesome shows for us and that released an album mere 4 years ago and now talk about releasing another in the future. If that's not a reason to celebrate as a fan, then I don't know what is.

We expected a lot because that's what we were told we were getting. All through the years. From the head honcho himself, and all his supporters. Hell, Axl even told Marc Canter (according to Marc) that he wanted to surpass the old band with this project. He's barely delivered anything, and fans aren't supposed to be upset that things are now at a total standstill in terms of moving forward? After years and years of waiting for Axl to get his shit together?

All this jibber jabber about a new album. Talk, talk, talk :jerkoff: . We've gotten talk before and it's led nowhere much more than it's led to something. Show me some fucking action, and then we can all talk about rejoicing as fans.

We expected a lot because that's what we were told we were getting. All through the years. From the head honcho himself, and all his supporters. Hell, Axl even told Marc Canter (according to Marc) that he wanted to surpass the old band with this project. He's barely delivered anything, and fans aren't supposed to be upset that things are now at a total standstill in terms of moving forward? After years and years of waiting for Axl to get his shit together?

If you keep on believing a person who is notorious for being wrong about the future (what did we learn from waiting for UYI?), then after a certain time you must take some of the blame for being disappointed on yourself for being so naive and blue eyed.

All this jibber jabber about a new album. Talk, talk, talk :jerkoff: . We've gotten talk before and it's led nowhere much more than it's led to something. Show me some fucking action, and then we can all talk about rejoicing as fans.

Good! This is the mindset you should have applied before to save you all that disappointment. With this clearer head of yours you will not be disappointed if a new record doesn't come out until, say, 2018, and will only be positively surprised if it happens in, say, 2014.

I guess this explains a lot of the resentment around here. People start following GN'R without knowing how hopelessly dysfunctional the band has been, and they expect things to happen on a normal time scale. Perhaps they are giddy about a perceived new musical direction, a new band member they enjoyed from before, a leak that sounds promising. Whatever it is, they became fans full of expectations and hopes. Then it turns out they were wrong, and they become a new generation of bitter ex-fans,some of which will haunt the fora perpetually.