Great job GNR

JAxlMorrison

I think it's perfectly fine to show appreciation for the touring while simultaneously expressing hope for new material. Love him or hate him, Axl is a legend who probably has only 5-10 more touring years left in him so we should enjoy his concerts while we still can.

I had this same train of thought at the last concert I went to in AC back in February. I was front row, center, and looked to my husband and said, I just can't imagine it getting any better than this. He is not getting any younger, here we are front row center at small club show with Axl smiling, making eye contact with us, sounding fantastic. Go appreciate the shows and years he has left as a performer, try to stop being bitter or resentful about stuff that is completely out of your control.

Only on a GnR forum are people considered bitter and hateful because they wish their favorite singer/band put out music more than once every 15 years.

Where did you read the hatefull part?

Are you claiming, there are no bitter members on this forum? Cause there are and some also claimed they are. To be clear, I also understand the bitterness. One reason to be bitter about is exactly as you stated, 1 album in 15 years, without orginal members and touring under the GNR-name. Even I have some bitterness about that. You can defend the GNR fans, and attack the newgnr fans, but do it right.

Are you the forum police now?

Go read all the posts that JAxl Morris has today. No - you don't even need to do that. Just look at his post directly above your reponse to me.

And purely Mag --- serious question......why do you care what a small minority of posters think? Why do you let them bother you?

Edited by Groghan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's perfectly fine to show appreciation for the touring while simultaneously expressing hope for new material. Love him or hate him, Axl is a legend who probably has only 5-10 more touring years left in him so we should enjoy his concerts while we still can.

I had this same train of thought at the last concert I went to in AC back in February. I was front row, center, and looked to my husband and said, I just can't imagine it getting any better than this. He is not getting any younger, here we are front row center at small club show with Axl smiling, making eye contact with us, sounding fantastic. Go appreciate the shows and years he has left as a performer, try to stop being bitter or resentful about stuff that is completely out of your control.

Only on a GnR forum are people considered bitter and hateful because they wish their favorite singer/band put out music more than once every 15 years.

Where did you read the hatefull part?

Are you claiming, there are no bitter members on this forum? Cause there are and some also claimed they are. To be clear, I also understand the bitterness. One reason to be bitter about is exactly as you stated, 1 album in 15 years, without orginal members and touring under the GNR-name. Even I have some bitterness about that. You can defend the GNR fans, and attack the newgnr fans, but do it right.

Are you the forum police now?

Go read all the posts that JAxl Morris has today. No - you don't even need to do that. Just look at his post directly above your reponse to me.

And purely Mag --- serious question......why do you care what a small minority of posters think? Why do you let them bother you?

Please know that I don't really care what other people think about GNR on or off this message board, I have been a fan plenty long enough to know everyone has an opinion about Axl/GNR, fan or not. I am just calling out the fact that it is impossible for anyone to have a positive sentiment about Axl or the band without other immediately chiming in to remind us again and again that there is no new music since 2008 and he is on the only original member. HELLO, we do know this, I am on a fan message board for goodness sake, I am aware of the band's latest record and when it came out and also the names of all the current members. No need to remind everyone every single thread of these facts, we are fans, WE KNOW ALREADY, but yet, we still would like to discuss and be happy for some US touring that honestly I waited a lot of long years for in the early 2000s and in the 90s, when I was too young and missed the boat.

Guys, I really hate deleting posts but I've removed a bunch from this thread.

The personal insults turn this place into a cesspit. I'm not going to ask you to gush all over Axl/GN'R, but I will ask you ALL to respect each other's point of view.

If it continues, I'm left with no choice but to start sending warnings out. Please grow up a bit, most of you "offenders" have been here long enough to know better.

You forgot to remove #24 ;)

You're right, we have to respect each others opinion.

But it's really annoying, when someone says something positive, the cupcakes wake up and pull everything down. I thought they'd use the attitude section for that.

If they keep bashing Ax/band/members etc etc all over the board, I think a lot of (let's call them) true fans leave this place.

Guest Broskirose

The personal insults turn this place into a cesspit. I'm not going to ask you to gush all over Axl/GN'R, but I will ask you ALL to respect each other's point of view.

If it continues, I'm left with no choice but to start sending warnings out. Please grow up a bit, most of you "offenders" have been here long enough to know better.

But it's really annoying, when someone says something positive, the cupcakes wake up and pull everything down. I thought they'd use the attitude section for that.

If they keep bashing Ax/band/members etc etc all over the board, I think a lot of (let's call them) true fans leave this place.

Let me tell you what a true fan is.

A true fan is someone who listens to the band, goes to concerts, hears their music every day, etc. But, a true fan also acknowledges when shit is subpar or downright bad.

I've seen this band 6 times. I've been on the rail half of those times. CD is my favorite album ever. You are no bigger of a fan than me, or anyone else here for that matter.

People like you and Angeles, Sailaway etc - are just creepy. It's weird how much you NEED to LOVE everything. HEARTHE HREAT HEARHH :wub: WUBW::W:W::W: NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

STOOPPPP

JUST STOP

G:DJ

GET RID OF IT :takethat: I HATE IT

STOP ANGELES PLEASE stop

A true fan is someone who listens to the band, goes to concerts, hears their music every day, etc. But, a true fan also acknowledges when shit is subpar or downright bad.

I've seen this band 6 times. I've been on the rail half of those times. CD is my favorite album ever. You are no bigger of a fan than me, or anyone else here for that matter.

People like you and Angeles, Sailaway etc - are just creepy. It's weird how much you NEED to LOVE everything. HEARTHE HREAT HEARHH :wub: WUBW::W:W::W: NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

STOOPPPP

JUST STOP

STOP ANGELES PLEASE stop

Take a look in the mirror my friend. All I am saying is that you can complain in the attitude section. You guys tell us, the defenders, to get out of there. So please do the same.

You just act childish. I can't imagine you don't see it yourself.

Guest Broskirose

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

STOOPPPP

JUST STOP

STOP ANGELES PLEASE stop

Take a look in the mirror my friend. All I am saying is that you can complain in the attitude section. You guys tell us, the defenders, to get out of there. So please do the same.

The difference is that Attitude isn't the main GNR section. It's a spinoff that clearly states that if you can't handle it, gtfo. This is D&N. Everyone can and should post here.

Attitidue is for more controversial discussions. Not for every single somewhat negative comment someone makes.

If D&N was just the "defenders" circlejerking each other it would be pretty boring, wouldn't it?

Btw - they have a place like that. It's called HTGTH.

Attitidue is for more controversial discussions. Not for every single somewhat negative comment someone makes.

If D&N was just the "defenders" circlejerking each other it would be pretty boring, wouldn't it?

I have to agree with you on this one. I have seen some people post "take the negative comments to the Attitiude section" but to my own understanding the Attitude section was not created to separate positive and negative, it was made to separate the heated controversial debates (like the Axl v. Slash stuff) whereas this section encompasses recent things that are worth talking about. Being negative does not always mean being controversial and therefore I don't agree with the prospect that everything here has to be positive.

Although some of the comments and threads posted here rely a little too much on personal insults and just general immaturity which is its own issue, negativity in general shouldn't be barred from the conversation altogether. Because we all have different views of the band there is no way everyone is going to be positive - nor should they - look at HTGTH, that place is a barren wasteland due to its "positivity filter"

Edited by WhazUp

Guest Broskirose

I have to agree with you on this one. I have seen some people post "take the negative comments to the Attitiude section" but to my own understanding the Attitude section was not created to separate positive and negative, it was made to separate the heated controversial debates (like the Axl v. Slash stuff) whereas this section encompasses recent things that are worth talking about. Being negative does not always mean being controversial and therefore I don't agree with the prospect that everything here has to be positive.

Although some of the comments and threads posted here rely a little too much on personal insults and just general immaturity which is its own issue, negativity in general shouldn't be barred from the conversation altogether. Because we all have different views of the band there is no way everyone is going to be positive - nor should they - look at HTGTH, that place is a barren wasteland due to its "positivity filter"

:thumbsup:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

STOOPPPP

JUST STOP

STOP ANGELES PLEASE stop

Your comment doesn't rhyme with this thread:

Just sayin'

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

STOOPPPP

JUST STOP

STOP ANGELES PLEASE stop

Shut up, you got owned. Broski got it right. :thumbsup:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

STOOPPPP

JUST STOP

STOP ANGELES PLEASE stop

Shut up, you got owned. Broski got it right. :thumbsup:

:rofl-lol: