Gross: 2.6 million dollars

Average ticket price: $90.63

Average tickets sold: 2,050

Total tickets sold: 28,706

Average gross: $185,839

Cities/Shows played: 14/14

Booking agency: The Agency Group

Interesting stats:

Before the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008, NewGNR averaged attendance of 8,500-9,000 for arena shows in North America.

After the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008, NewGNR averaged attendance of 6,000-6,500 for arena shows in North America.

Why did an average of 2,000-3,000 people stop buying tickets after the album's release?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stats:

Before the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008, NewGNR averaged attendance of 8,500-9,000 for arena shows in North America.

After the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008, NewGNR averaged attendance of 6,000-6,500 for arena shows in North America.

Why did an average of 2,000-3,000 people stop buying tickets after the album's release?

Oh so we're not allowed to talk about the rest of the world? Like for example... the South American continent. Oh right, only the United States matters in your myopic worldview. Good luck with that.

Interesting stats:

Oh so we're not allowed to talk about the rest of the world? Like for example... the South American continent. Oh right, only the United States matters in your myopic worldview. Good luck with that.

?

This topic is about why attendance dropped off dramatically in the US and Canada. Please stay on-topic.

Interesting stats:

?

This topic is about why attendance dropped off dramatically in the US and Canada. Please stay on-topic.

No, you're stealth trolling (bravo by the way), and I'm exposing what you're doing, which is placing unbalanced emphasis on the United States to make your point. Are you scared to post the world stats? Yes, yes you are. And we both know why.

Look, I know you think you're being profound, but we all know that GnR has lost ground in the states. However, there is a great big world out there. And if you're going to try censor my opinions, I might just create a similar thread instead focused on other countries in the world. The U.S. is but one country. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Look, I know you think you're being profound, but we all know that GnR has lost ground in the states. However, there is a great big world out there. And if you're going to try censor my opinions, I might just create a similar thread instead focused on other countries in the world. The U.S. is but one country. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Presenting facts and analyzing them isn't trolling. If you're offended by facts, that's not my problem.

Pollstar didn't release "Worldwide" Top 50 Tour lists up until a few years ago, so any thread you start would have incomplete data.

Interesting stats:

?

No, you're stealth trolling (bravo by the way), and I'm exposing what you're doing, which is placing unbalanced emphasis on the United States to make your point. Are you scared to post the world stats? Yes, yes you are. And we both know why.

If the poster is who I think he is. He is the furthest thing from a cupcake. He is legendary.

I'm still waiting for his miraculous answer to his own question, then. Why did the numbers drop IN THE UNITED STATES, praytell?

Whatever, Guns n Roses is still touring and still selling tickets. OH I see, he's saying it's not like the glory days? Is... that it? Wellll thank you Captain Obvious! How profound. :eyeroll:

I still wish I was allowed to post some stats from South America though, even if it's "just from the last few years."

Edited by brainsaber

Interesting stats:

LOL

relax champ

Presenting facts and analyzing them isn't trolling. If you're offended by facts, that's not my problem.

Pollstar didn't release "Worldwide" Top 50 Tour lists up until a few years ago, so any thread you start would have incomplete data.

GnR is an American based band.

They all live in the US.

Using America based tour numbers or album sales first makes total sense to somebody who is capable of logical conversation.

Once US totals are discussed, then you move in to world totals.

OP, thank you for posting the numbers.

North American Tour Stats courtesy of Pollstar

2002 Top 100 Tours (Source)

75. Guns N' Roses

Gross: 6.5 million dollars

Average ticket price: $46.72

Average tickets sold: 8,660

Total tickets sold: 138,564

Average gross: $404,611

Cities/Shows played: 16/16

Booking agency: Creative Artists Agency

2006 Top 100 Tours (Source)

39. Guns N' Roses

Gross: 21.6 million dollars

Average ticket price: $58.91

Average tickets sold: 8,730

Total tickets sold: 366,649

Average gross: $514,286

Cities/Shows played: 42/49

2010 Top 100 Tours - mid-year (Source)

46. Guns N' Roses

Gross: 6.3 million dollars

Average ticket price: $74.45

Average tickets sold: 6,500

Total tickets sold: 84,494

Average gross: $483,895

Cities/Shows played: 13/13

2011 Top 100 Tours (Source)

73. Guns N' Roses

Gross: 11.2 million dollars

Average ticket price: $52.65

Average tickets sold: 6.446

Total tickets sold: 212,725

Average gross: $339,394

Cities/Shows played: 33/35

Booking agency: Paradigm

2012 Top 100 Tours - mid-year (Source)

99. Guns N' Roses

Gross: 2.6 million dollars

Average ticket price: $90.63

Average tickets sold: 2,050

Total tickets sold: 28,706

Average gross: $185,839

Cities/Shows played: 14/14

Booking agency: The Agency Group

Interesting stats:

I know the last time they came through this part of Canada, they didn't even play in Toronto, which is by far the largest audience. They played in Hamilton (industrial town about an hour away) on a weeknight.

So if you lived in the city of 3+ million people, and wanted to see them properly (drinking, late night) you had to get a hotel and or take a day off work.

I did... but the average concert goer wouldn't, and didn't even know they were in town. If they didn't play in Toronto, they weren't on the radio and news stations with coverage they were coming to town.

Edited by kbirdie76

There was a much bigger buzz in '06 (NYC shows, Axl doing some publicity-type stuff, huge festival appearances, etc.), I think everyone was under the assumption that was it, the album was coming out, and it was probably the highlight as far as that time period goes. I don't necessarily think attendance was affected so much by the album coming out, and if so, it was only because the mystery was over. After it was out, it was out, good or bad, whichever way you looked at it. I do think, with a hit song and/or album, the attendance would increase. I've seen junk bands sell out arenas literally because they had one or two radio hits. LMFAO had a very successful run. Enough said...

Interesting topic.

Look at those ticket prices increase.

yeah, very expensive, imo

Especially on these years

Calm down, please.

You are the one who trolled on this thread

At the end of the day they are still averaging 340k per show. That's not too bad IMO. But to answer your question. I personally think the attendence is down because there is

Not alot of promo. In 2002 they had clear channel on board which meant more promo. Plus I think people wanted to see Axl and GnR but the riots, corn rows, bad MTV performance, and cancelled tour really wrecked Axl and GnR to the general American public.

I personally think 2011/ 2012 USA tour was good and if they could do more like that the crowds would increase.

Really cool to see that the attendance was the same in 2010 and is 2011 for the arena shows. Sort of disproves the claim that less and less people in the US are interested. Perhaps around 6,500 per show is the baseline for GN'R doing a greatest hits tour, and if so, I guess the band can tour for a long time :D

EDIT: Or did they tour in different cities?

Edited by SoulMonster

Fact #1: No matter what GnR will always be big arenas and small stadiums filling material at most places in the world. Reason? Timeless old album hits AND Mr. Axl fuckin'Rose.

Fact #2: Although undeniably the States have offered the world some of the greatest rock bands ever (GnR on the top 5 list), nowadays America only listens and pays attention to shitty music - it's so bad it makes me puke. How could it be that in just a generation Americans got their music taste all fucked up!? :confused:

Brainsaber, are you that sensitive about America being the most important market in the entire world that you can't even allow people to have a rational discussion. This topic started as a specific analysis of the north American tours. Grow up

The United States represents a small fraction of the world....true story bro.

In the rest of the world people don't get wet in their pants for TMZ and Kardashian bullshit.

Brainsaber, are you that sensitive about America being the most important market in the entire world that you can't even allow people to have a rational discussion. This topic started as a specific analysis of the north American tours. Grow up

The United States represents a small fraction of the world....true story bro.

In the rest of the world people don't get wet in their pants for TMZ and Kardashian bullshit.

Well Its a shame when the band sells less tickets In there home country then they do In any other country, Its kind of like being the hometown fighter and the crowd Is rooting for your opponent, somethings not right with this picture, true story bro