Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Josh Freese

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11
Josh Freese
Music is Josh's life. This guy is so unreal he can keep it real whether he's pounding the skins for Sting, Guns and Roses, The Offspring, Avril Lavigne, Ween, The Dixie Chicks or the Dwarves. That unlikely grab bag of pop notables represents about 10% of the artists whose sonic missive recordings are driven by Mr. Freese.

Seem's he has worked more lots of people. Wasn't he the guy who came up with all the drum beats for CD only to have Brain re recorded them ?
If Josh is as good as his Bio claims, then whats the point in getting Brain to replay Josh's work note for note ?

I know i know, the word 'feel' was mentioned. I'm just not buying that. Maybe the real reason was, they needed a full time member that could also tour, not that worked, as Brain bailed.

Edited by vaida, 28 August 2012 - 01:13 AM.

gnr_zps958a9313.png

Guest_Broskirose_*

Guest_Broskirose_*
  • Guests
  • --
Josh is the best drummer GNR has ever had.

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11

It seems so weird to get someone to invent create drum patterns for songs only at the end of it to pay someone else to learn the exact same patterns.
It's like getting Dj Ash to write the guitar parts for the next Axl album only at the end of it to get someone else in the re play all those parts.

gnr_zps958a9313.png

Guest_Broskirose_*

Guest_Broskirose_*
  • Guests
  • --
I think it just might have been a matter of Axl wanting to have a real band on the album and have the current members be the ones playing on the album.

Of course the album took so long and so many musicians came and went that he probably gave up on that shortly after.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts
  • 12-December 08

It seems so weird to get someone to invent create drum patterns for songs only at the end of it to pay someone else to learn the exact same patterns.

Because the drum patterns were good and considered integral to the music but the drummer who invented them left the band?

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

+1
Formerly known as Son of a gun

axlsalinger

axlsalinger

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • 02-April 05
+2. The guy's an amazing drummer.

"Nothing here is Subject To Change.

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic."

Sincerely, W. Eddie Vedder

"Love boat captain, take the reins and steer us towards the clear. Here."

AIC04

AIC04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • 05-June 10
Him n Brain amazing
Tomorrow is a gift-Jani Lane

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• Supporters
  • 25,753 posts
  • 26-September 05

+3 - and a nice guy!
Posted Image

loko

loko

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • 17-May 05

+3 - and a nice guy!

+4 - and funny as hell :D

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Supporters
  • 2,818 posts
  • 24-October 11
Oh My God was all Josh Freese and that has one of the best drum tracks GnR has ever made.
chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

gnrsucksdotcom

gnrsucksdotcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • 02-August 05

Totally. I never understood why re-record his parts (no disrespect to Frank or Brain). His drumming in Oh My God is just mind blowing.

Eu4ic

Eu4ic

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • 15-October 11
Josh and Brain are both so awesome I have trouble choosing one over the other. I'm very familiar with their respective works. Brain's drumming at Rio was about as good as you could ask for, imo. Josh is probably better as a live energy rock drummer night in and night out though. Brain's written a lot of great shit. I think Brain is, well, brainier.

What's funny though is that Steven Adler might be the best fit for Guns n Roses.

AXL_N_DIZZY

AXL_N_DIZZY

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • 18-November 11

I think it just might have been a matter of Axl wanting to have a real band on the album and have the current members be the ones playing on the album.

Of course the album took so long and so many musicians came and went that he probably gave up on that shortly after.

This. It may have also been a way to try and keep Bucket focused and interested in the project.
Dizzy Reed: "You know what, Axl is a lot more fun at 5 a.m. than he is at 5 p.m. Let's put it that way."

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
After watching countless bootlegs of Josh`s and Brain`s performances I must admit Josh is better live, Brain is better in studio and Steven Adler can fuck himself weakest Guns drummer least importarnt and easily replaceable member
Formerly known as Son of a gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users