Do you think that GnR's next album will break one million units in 3 months or less?

saber_

you can guarantee that when if a new album comes out, Axl will have everything ready in terms of supporting the promotion/release etc. Whether it sells that many units is anyone's guess and is dependent on what I said earlier.

I'm not sure why the U.S. is any more important than any other country. If I'm the record label, I'm not going to 'think lesser' of sales in... oh, say- the continent of South America, am I? No, I'm not. I'm going to be happy that the album hit the one million mark in three months, which firmly establishes the band has a worldwide following. Suck on that.

I'm not sure why the U.S. is any more important than any other country. If I'm the record label, I'm not going to 'think lesser' of sales in... oh, say- the continent of South America, am I? No, I'm not. I'm going to be happy that the album hit the one million mark in three months, which firmly establishes the band has a worldwide following. Suck on that.

Well, don't get all pissy with me lol. I was just talking sales and the reality of the markets. My opinion is the same as yours, but you didn't ask for opinions.

Well, don't get all pissy with me lol. I was just talking sales and the reality of the markets. My opinion is the same as yours, but you didn't ask for opinions.

#1 I'm not being pissy

#2 I understand the reality that the album prolly doesn't have a shot at moving 1,000,000 units in the U.S. alone

#3 Your opinion is welcomed, but don't fuck with me, ok? I don't give a shit about the fact that Slash won the U.S. fair and square. There I said it, are you happy now? I give him credit where credit is due. Thus I created a thread about my bet with Bobbo, which is:

The worldwide sales of the next GnR album will surpass 1,000,000 units by the 3 month anniversary of the album's release date.

Currently, those are the parameters of the bet. I just don't know if I should try to adjust the terms and say maybe 4, 5, or 6 months. Hmm, perhaps I could add a clause that if the album moves 1,000,000 units after the 3 month mark but before the 6 month mark, he has to give me 50 bucks back or something. We're close on a deal. I just need to know if people think the album will do 1,000,001 by the 3 month mark.

#1 I'm not being pissy

#2 I understand the reality that the album prolly doesn't have a shot at moving 1,000,000 units in the U.S. alone

#3 Your opinion is welcomed, but don't fuck with me, ok? I don't give a shit about the fact that Slash won the U.S. fair and square. There I said it, are you happy now? I give him credit where credit is due. Thus I created a thread about my bet with Bobbo, which is:

The worldwide sales of the next GnR album will surpass 1,000,000 units by the 3 month anniversary of the album's release date.

Currently, those are the parameters of the bet. I just don't know if I should try to adjust the terms and say maybe 4, 5, or 6 months. Hmm, perhaps I could add a clause that if the album moves 1,000,000 units after the 3 month mark but before the 6 month mark, he has to give me 50 bucks back or something. We're close on a deal. I just need to know if people think the album will do 1,000,001 by the 3 month mark.

Slash won the US. :lol:

I would much rather lose the US like Axl then. :shrugs:

If a new album ever comes out and has a legitimate hit single, a video and real promotion than it can very well sell 1 million units within 3 months in the US alone. It is somewhat of a long shot considering a large part of the public is reluctant to really embrace this version of the band as GNR, but it is possible. Who knows? We have no idea if and when an album will be released and what kind of music it's gonna have on it.

After Chinese I don't think there is much interest in the next album, bar the absolute die-hards.

Axl's only hope is to release something containing songs radio stations want to play. A music video or two might help too.

My bet is, the next Slash album will outsell the next Axl album by a long way. Reason being, Slash albums contain really good songs. sure he doesn't go all out and attempt AAA on every track, but when there is a good track, its really good. This applies to the current, previous and Snake Pit albums.

Edited by vaida

Bobbo is holding firm on three months. I will have to accept those terms. A hundred bucks is on the line.

If any of you want a piece of the action, feel free to put your money where your mouth is. There can be side-bets too.

Edited by brainsaber

#1 I'm not being pissy

Worldwide, the next GNR album will sell more than a million in less than a month....easy. You're good.

After Chinese I don't think there is much interest in the next album, bar the absolute die-hards.

Axl's only hope is to release something containing songs radio stations want to play. A music video or two might help too.

My bet is, the next Slash album will outsell the next Axl album by a long way. Reason being, Slash albums contain really good songs. sure he doesn't go all out and attempt AAA on every track, but when there is a good track, its really good. This applies to the current, previous and Snake Pit albums.

Let me shower you with a dose of reality. Here are the first week album sales of Slashs last 3 efforts.

Libertad 90k

Slash 60k

Apocalyptic Love 40k

Slash is not outselling anyone these days.

Edited by chokes

Do you think that Guns n Roses' next album will sell 1,000,000 units or more in three months or less?

I have a bet with bobbo on this. Do you think I will win the bet? I need your honest, polite opinions.

No

Nowadays album sales doesn't mean anything. (even if the band named Guns N' Roses)

Axl know this and that is why he continue his cashgrab tours.

It all depends how well the next new song does. If something is really good and people take to it, why wouldn't people buy it?