I thought that Axl didn't like Jon Bon Jovi?

BBA

Sebastian Bach settled his differences with Jon Bon Jovi when they met in a restaurant while the ex Skid Row singer was dining with Axl Rose.

The accidental crossing of paths put paid to years of acrimony after Bach became upset that Bon Jovi – who was instrumental in getting Skid Row together – was taking a cut of their income.

He later realised they’d almost certainly never have made it without him.

Bach tells ArtScenics (via Blabbermouth): "Bon Jovi took us on our first tour and we signed some papers with him. He got a cut – if we made it big, he would get compensated for helping us out.

So I was bitter about that for a while. But then I realised we probably wouldn’t have made it as big, or at all, if he didn’t take us."

The opportunity to settle their differences arose a few years ago, long after Bach had split with Skid Row – although he recently said only one original band member was standing in the way of a reunion, a claim the band denies.

The singer, who earlier this month sacked guitarist and collaborator Nick Sterling, continues: "I had dinner with Jon. We were staying in London, me and Axl, and the waitress says, "Hey, guess who’s over in the corner? Jon Bon Jovi."

I go, "Get the fuck out of here!" I didn’t know what to do, because we’d had words – most of them were mine. So I go, ‘Fuck this. I’m going to say hi to him.’ We used to be great, great friends. I had Christmas dinner at his house and stuff.

So I walked over towards Jon and he was looking at me, going, "Are you going to be a dick or are you going to be nice? What are you going to do? What are you going to say?"

I was like, ‘Hey man, how’s it going?’ We stood up and hugged. Then he came over to me and Axl’s table and we drank about 15 bottles of wine. He’s a good guy – we’re friends again."

In 2002 Skid Row guitarist Snake Sabo revealed how Bach and Bon Jovi had come to blows at the end of a tour together. He told Metal Sludge: "The Bon Jovi crew were doing the usual end of the tour antics, dumping milk on us, throwing eggs at us while we were onstage, all of it harmless.

As this is happening, Sebastian announces to the crowd, "Jon BonJovi should come up here and get a Piece of Me", and then we went into the song. He didn’t say this maliciously – he said it in good fun, because we all thought Jon was behind it all.

After our set I see Jon walking towards me. I start laughing and say to him, "Man, you really got us – that was awesome!" He walks right past me with this scowl on his face headed right towards Baz. I see Baz going to give Jon a high-five, then I see Jon throw a punch at Baz.

Baz throws a punch back at him, then a ton of security jumps in, but as they’re heading back to our dressing rooms they’re still yelling and screaming at each other.

It turns out Jon had nothing to do with any of the end-of-tour stuff. He thought Baz called him a pussy on stage when, in fact, Baz was just introing Piece of Me. To this day I defend Baz on this because he did nothing wrong. It was a completely ridiculous incident."

Thanks to Classicrockmagazine for the report.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/bach_and_bon_jovi_friends_again.html

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I thought that Axl didn't like Jon Bon Jovi? Didn't they spend years talking shit about one another?

Nope.

Apparently you are still living in 1987. No wonder you love Steven Adler.

hahahahaha. OWNED!

I think you must have misunderstood what "owned" means.

I think it was a nice story. I never heard. Pretty cool that they can all hang out together. Bon Jovi New Jersey was a good album and I liked the Young Guns 2 soundtrack.

You DO know that most of his hit songs were written by a professional song writer, right? You can stop giving him credit for them now.

You DO know that most of his hit songs were written by a professional song writer, right? You can stop giving him credit for them now.

Ahem...Wanted Dead Or Alive, Lay Your Hands On Me, I'll Be There For You, Blaze Of Glory, Bed Of Roses, In These Arms, Always and plenty of other smaller hits were written either by Jon himself or by the band themselves. I'm not denying that the band relies on outside writers but it's not as if they've never written a big hit themselves.

If you're seriously bothered by Bon Jovi and feel the urgent need to bash them then bring up valid arguments.

Edited by RNRS

Ahem...Wanted Dead Or Alive, Lay Your Hands On Me, I'll Be There For You, Blaze Of Glory, Bed Of Roses, In These Arms, Always and plenty of other smaller hits were written either by Jon himself or by the band themselves. I'm not denying that the band relies on outside writers but it's not as if they've never written a big hit themselves.

If you're seriously bothered by Bon Jovi and feel the urgent need to bash them then bring up valid arguments.

The fact is, when you rely on song writers to have success, or further your success, you lose any and all artistic validity. You basically become nothing but a star craving entertainer. This is the classic argument. Is music entertainment, or art? It depends on the person. I only support artists. Entertainers are actors.

The fact is, when you rely on song writers to have success, or further your success, you lose any and all artistic validity.

Oh really? Tell us more about your superior sense of art.

There's a lot of people I don't like or at least semi-like but don't think much of that I can get along with fine if I'm put in a situation where I have to...at this stage in their lives I'm sure they can sit down and have a meal, or spend an evening together even if they don't think highly of one another for whatever reasons they have...

I thought Axl still disliked him though, as he talked about him @ the l'arc secret gig and said the famous quote again for the youtube recordings because that didnt exist back then or something ha ("bon jovi can suck my dick")

Bon Jovi or Jon? There is difference. He can dislike the band or music, but still like him personally right?

I thought Axl still disliked him though, as he talked about him @ the l'arc secret gig and said the famous quote again for the youtube recordings because that didnt exist back then or something ha ("bon jovi can suck my dick")

Bon Jovi or Jon? There is difference. He can dislike the band or music, but still like him personally right?

Jon. I thought it was well documented that they disliked each other?

Again, it was about someone calling him 'Bon Jovi', but he was telling an old story.

Jon's been on Howard Stern a bunch of times, so he does have a sense of humor. Jon wouldn't back down from a fight, and he has brass balls for going against Sebastian, even if he's a rich as fuck rock star.

We'll never know if Jon hits like a cream puff because security got in the way, but a lot of people know about Baz's situation and I'm sure Jon talked to him about it. And Bach's not looking for handouts, Axl likes hanging with him. Even though Baz knows Axl doesn't like Bach singing with Slash or on Sorum's tour, he's not going to tell him not to make a living.

Bach could've also said something on the Illusions tour that Axl "heard the wrong way".

Again, it was about someone calling him 'Bon Jovi', but he was telling an old story.

Jon's been on Howard Stern a bunch of times, so he does have a sense of humor. Jon wouldn't back down from a fight, and he has brass balls for going against Sebastian, even if he's a rich as fuck rock star.

We'll never know if Jon hits like a cream puff because security got in the way, but a lot of people know about Baz's situation and I'm sure Jon talked to him about it. And Bach's not looking for handouts, Axl likes hanging with him. Even though Baz knows Axl doesn't like Bach singing with Slash or on Sorum's tour, he's not going to tell him not to make a living.

Bach could've also said something on the Illusions tour that Axl "heard the wrong way".

Interesting how the whistling is piped in while Axl is still talking.